Thoughts on a limited reopen?

XXVoid MainXX
4/23/2020 6:50pm
You could also play poker while sitting on your beach towel since poker is a sport.
Nighttrain
4/23/2020 7:09pm
Well, here’s how it is defined on our beach:

borg
4/23/2020 7:32pm
You could also play poker while sitting on your beach towel since poker is a sport.
You are mocking these government officials who are trying their hardest to deny you as many rights afforded by the Constitution as they can while making it look like they are protecting you from danger. It's a fine line Void. You should appreciate their effort. Get with the program, suck it up, sit at home and turn on on some cable news where you can wallow in this bullshit along with everybody else.

Or not.

BMSOBx2
4/23/2020 7:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 7:46pm
borg wrote:
You are mocking these government officials who are trying their hardest to deny you as many rights afforded by the Constitution as they can while making...
You are mocking these government officials who are trying their hardest to deny you as many rights afforded by the Constitution as they can while making it look like they are protecting you from danger. It's a fine line Void. You should appreciate their effort. Get with the program, suck it up, sit at home and turn on on some cable news where you can wallow in this bullshit along with everybody else.

Or not.

Wow, didn't expect that from you. A little over-the-top? Everyone's getting stir crazy.

The Shop

XXVoid MainXX
4/23/2020 9:16pm
borg wrote:
You are mocking these government officials who are trying their hardest to deny you as many rights afforded by the Constitution as they can while making...

Or not.

BMSOBx2 wrote:
Wow, didn't expect that from you. A little over-the-top? Everyone's getting stir crazy.
Sarcasm at its finest. Smile
sandtrack315
4/24/2020 3:48am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2020 3:48am
I agree with others here that people are way too optimistic that we can do anything but get some type of herd immunity. It will be brutal, and we should physically distance and do everything we can to slow the spread so our medical resources are not overwhelmed, but damn man let me crack a cold one on the beach 20 feet away from everyone else.
KMC440
4/24/2020 4:16am
Hey Sandy ! Hate to pop your bubble but the "medical resources" in most regions aren't being overwhelmed ! As a matter of fact they are underwhelmed to the point of laying nurses and staff off !!!
sandtrack315
4/24/2020 4:30am
KMC440 wrote:
Hey Sandy ! Hate to pop your bubble but the "medical resources" in most regions aren't being overwhelmed ! As a matter of fact they are...
Hey Sandy ! Hate to pop your bubble but the "medical resources" in most regions aren't being overwhelmed ! As a matter of fact they are underwhelmed to the point of laying nurses and staff off !!!
Hate to pop your reading comprehension bubble, but I never said they were.
borg
4/24/2020 6:33am
borg wrote:

Or not.

BMSOBx2 wrote:
Just having a little fun with death and unemployment.
BMSOBx2
4/24/2020 8:27am
borg wrote:
Just having a little fun with death and unemployment.
Good to hear. Carry on.
XXVoid MainXX
4/24/2020 8:35am
I actually wouldn't even no what's going on on the outside world without Vital. I have blocked out all news on politics and on the virus whether it be via TV/Internet or print. The only thing that has changed in my life or is different now than it was a few months ago is half of my coworkers are now gone and my paycheck has been trimmed, but other than that it's just another day in paradise.
mxtech1
4/24/2020 11:23am
I've said it before and i'll say it again....

This whole COVID19 and stay-at-home-order is just a front to cover up the tactics being used to manipulate the price of oil....but no one wants to talk about that.

I'm not saying the virus isn't real...it is...but it's not worthy of a global pandemic.

There are many parallels in COVID19 timeline vs the oil price de-stabilization timeline. Quarantine activities are predominately centered around reducing fuel consumption, not citizen safety. Turn off the mainstream news and start doing research. Even a halfwit can easily connect the dots.

We just have to wait it out and see who is going to blink first....USA, Russia, or Saudi Arabia?

Broseph
4/24/2020 12:18pm
Your graphs really aren't looking any better and you're all about to start getting about. Still around 25-30k new cases a day and 2500 deaths each...
Your graphs really aren't looking any better and you're all about to start getting about. Still around 25-30k new cases a day and 2500 deaths each day! At that rate for another 30 days it's 750,000-900,000 new cases and 75,000 dead and it still has to start ramping down. But I guess you guys are going to go through with this anyway. Hope it works out.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

On a side thought, is there a figure for the cost of a covid death yet?
Broseph wrote:
The “Daily New Cases” chart is the one that needed to flatline to level load the medical system. And it’s flat. Might even be trending down...
The “Daily New Cases” chart is the one that needed to flatline to level load the medical system. And it’s flat. Might even be trending down since April began. Obviously the “total cases” isn’t going to flatline until the virus is 100% gone (so maybe never).
haydos25 wrote:
But what caused it to flatline? Was it the social distancing/lockdown? Because if that's the reason then prematurely relaxing those restrictions will result in the chart...
But what caused it to flatline? Was it the social distancing/lockdown? Because if that's the reason then prematurely relaxing those restrictions will result in the chart going back up again and undo all the good work. That's the decision we're facing here in Australia. Our new infection rates are less than 0.5% daily here at the moment, but a slow rollback of restrictions over a few months is what we're looking at having.

Its still unclear what the end results is going to be, a treatment that works is probably our only hope of some form of normalcy in the near future. A Vaccine is probably less likely in my opinion.
Again, the whole idea of quarantine is to level load the hospitals. So, yes, quarantine did cause it to level off. In most parts of the US, hospital workers have nothing to do right now. Such little medical demand that they are being furloughed. Time to open things up where it makes sense and strike a balance at the local level.

To take it one step further: how about we keep everyone who’s at high risk in quarantine, and let everyone else get back to work? Seriously, keeping people under 50 with no health problems in quarantine is absurd at this point.
Shiftfaced
4/24/2020 12:40pm
I don't know if this is appropriate here or not.

If not, I am sure I will find out shortly.

Have you heard about what is happening in Idaho? Getting a little crazy.

Last Friday, there was a rally at the State Capitol demanding that we open Idaho back up for business. I went, and kept my distance. There was about 200 people there, mostly peaceful. Cars drove by, honking, some sign waiving, and not a whole lot more.

On Monday or Tuesday, Ammon Bundy (Remember him?) decided that was not enough. Local jurisdiction said that "Parks or open, but keep your distance, and stay off the playground equipment".

So they show up, take down the "Stay Away" tape that the police had put on the equipment, and began their "protest". Our little "Covid Karen" went there to get arrested, and she did. She was asked to leave. She was asked to just get off the playground equipment, she would not comply. She was told to comply, or she would be arrested. She told them to arrest her, so they did.

So what did Ammon Bundy do? Got the home address of the arresting officer, and they went to his home. Freaked out, the family had to call the police, and had to have officers posted up for a day until it settled down.

But then people found out where our local "Covid Karen" lives, so they went to her house to protest. Cops called again, and had to provide personal protection.

So, the roll-out in Idaho is going well!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/24/2020 1:28pm
Shiftfaced wrote:
I don't know if this is appropriate here or not. If not, I am sure I will find out shortly. Have you heard about what is...

Last Friday, there was a rally at the State Capitol demanding that we open Idaho back up for business. I went, and kept my distance. There was about 200 people there, mostly peaceful. Cars drove by, honking, some sign waiving, and not a whole lot more.

On Monday or Tuesday, Ammon Bundy (Remember him?) decided that was not enough. Local jurisdiction said that "Parks or open, but keep your distance, and stay off the playground equipment".

So they show up, take down the "Stay Away" tape that the police had put on the equipment, and began their "protest". Our little "Covid Karen" went there to get arrested, and she did. She was asked to leave. She was asked to just get off the playground equipment, she would not comply. She was told to comply, or she would be arrested. She told them to arrest her, so they did.

So what did Ammon Bundy do? Got the home address of the arresting officer, and they went to his home. Freaked out, the family had to call the police, and had to have officers posted up for a day until it settled down.

But then people found out where our local "Covid Karen" lives, so they went to her house to protest. Cops called again, and had to provide personal protection.

It wasn't a good look for sure when you watch the un-edited video. The fact that protests are happening at the homes of the people just doing their jobs is beyond wrong. Those Cops went WAY out of their way to be polite and not go down this road, but that wouldn't make the news.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/24/2020 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2020 1:44pm
Shiftfaced wrote:
I don't know if this is appropriate here or not. If not, I am sure I will find out shortly. Have you heard about what is...

i had seen the original video of the arrest on barstool sports twitter, had not heard of the rest of the shit,

edit from uk
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8251943/Anti-government-militi…

MikeID
4/24/2020 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2020 1:50pm
Yeah, it seems like the folks in the extremes tend to sprout up in these times. I don’t think their behavior will result in change. It seems like self-promotion. The Governor has the recovery website up and it appears to be a reasonable approach:

http://rebound.idaho.gov/
Shiftfaced
4/24/2020 3:14pm
MikeID wrote:
Yeah, it seems like the folks in the extremes tend to sprout up in these times. I don’t think their behavior will result in change. It...
Yeah, it seems like the folks in the extremes tend to sprout up in these times. I don’t think their behavior will result in change. It seems like self-promotion. The Governor has the recovery website up and it appears to be a reasonable approach:

http://rebound.idaho.gov/
I agree. I have been impressed with Governor Little (Did not vote for him), and I think this is a very logical plan to “rebound”.

From what I have gathered, most of the locals are eager to start the process, but willing to be more cautious than risky.

That is the right approach, IMO.
Shiftfaced
4/24/2020 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2020 3:51pm
Local CBS channel just had a “Live” broadcast with Ms. Brady, and I think she likes the spotlight, but also got drug into something that was over her head.

(I think you have to “cut and paste” that into the Facebooker to make it work. She is apologizing for her actions.)

https//:bit.ly/2zuulSP
Chance1216
4/24/2020 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2020 12:15pm
Washington state just reopened construction on a limited basis. I might be back to work in a couple weeks. Each job site will require access to a hand sanitizing station with warm water for washing hands. We just submitted drawings for these stations. It looks like installing them will be a part of the future workload. Sounds like a good first step in the right direction.
SCR
4/24/2020 5:12pm
Broseph wrote:
The “Daily New Cases” chart is the one that needed to flatline to level load the medical system. And it’s flat. Might even be trending down...
The “Daily New Cases” chart is the one that needed to flatline to level load the medical system. And it’s flat. Might even be trending down since April began. Obviously the “total cases” isn’t going to flatline until the virus is 100% gone (so maybe never).
haydos25 wrote:
But what caused it to flatline? Was it the social distancing/lockdown? Because if that's the reason then prematurely relaxing those restrictions will result in the chart...
But what caused it to flatline? Was it the social distancing/lockdown? Because if that's the reason then prematurely relaxing those restrictions will result in the chart going back up again and undo all the good work. That's the decision we're facing here in Australia. Our new infection rates are less than 0.5% daily here at the moment, but a slow rollback of restrictions over a few months is what we're looking at having.

Its still unclear what the end results is going to be, a treatment that works is probably our only hope of some form of normalcy in the near future. A Vaccine is probably less likely in my opinion.
Broseph wrote:
Again, the whole idea of quarantine is to level load the hospitals. So, yes, quarantine did cause it to level off. In most parts of the...
Again, the whole idea of quarantine is to level load the hospitals. So, yes, quarantine did cause it to level off. In most parts of the US, hospital workers have nothing to do right now. Such little medical demand that they are being furloughed. Time to open things up where it makes sense and strike a balance at the local level.

To take it one step further: how about we keep everyone who’s at high risk in quarantine, and let everyone else get back to work? Seriously, keeping people under 50 with no health problems in quarantine is absurd at this point.
What about younger high risk people with diabetes and or overweight ? Can Governor's mandate all the fat people stay in quarantine and not work ? Also businesses and the economy cant do shit without the over 50 work force.

It is crazy how we are in lockdown so Hospitals don't get overwhelmed yet it sounds like most are laying off staff because of no patients. And the Feds are handing out 100 billion in aide to Hospitals.

I think Governor's and Mayors are afraid to be the first ones back in the water and then have it go bad and be the guy that has blood on his hands because he jumped the gun. I think things are slowly being lifted and as soon as one or two States go more or less back to normal everyone else is going to be right behind.
Ted722
4/24/2020 6:34pm
Reno’s nice this time of year.
JAFO92
4/24/2020 6:49pm

mxtech1 wrote: Even a halfwit can easily connect the dots.

Im only 1/4 wit, so Im not sure I get it.
Sierra Ranger
4/25/2020 1:31am
I agree that they shouldn't be arresting anybody for sitting on a playground. It's like the whole world went nuts overnight with this thing.
Ted722
4/25/2020 4:31am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2020 4:44am
Found out last night that my friend's Uncle committed suicide yesterday. He had issues (drinking being one of them) and was having a hard time with the virus and its impact on his sttate (mental and California). He was the twin brother of my friend's Dad and in his upper 70's. My friend's Dad and Mom found him in his garage in Santa Montica. He left behind two adult kids as well. RIP.

This is the first death I know of (personally) during this stay-in-place time period. I know no one here who has tested positive (or died) from Covid or back in the Bay Area where I grew up for 39 years.
Nighttrain
4/25/2020 5:39am
The beach is open. Things are slowly returning to normal.

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/25/2020 7:17am
Nighttrain wrote:
The beach is open. Things are slowly returning to normal. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/04/25/422923/s1200_A3F351A2_B0D0_4D68_8239_16B1ED40BB4A.jpg[/img]
The beach is open. Things are slowly returning to normal.

Looks mighty dangerous out there! Have fun👍
Nighttrain
4/25/2020 8:10am
KennyT wrote:
Thanks, KT. No fish were caught but it was a helluva sunrise.

We’re transitioning to a limited reopening of businesses in South Carolina. All eyes are on Georgia as they now have no restrictions except for schools and such.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
4/25/2020 8:20am
KennyT wrote:
Nighttrain wrote:
Thanks, KT. No fish were caught but it was a helluva sunrise. We’re transitioning to a limited reopening of businesses in South Carolina. All eyes are...
Thanks, KT. No fish were caught but it was a helluva sunrise.

We’re transitioning to a limited reopening of businesses in South Carolina. All eyes are on Georgia as they now have no restrictions except for schools and such.
Catching fish is great but the best part of it is being out there....just look at that picture 👍

Our beaches here open Monday and they are allowing swimming/surfing. However you are not allowed to sit/lay on the beach. Now what kind of nonsense is that? So you can go swimming but instead of coming back to a blanket you have to go straight to your car...the one that is blocks away because the parking is closed. I swear there are some real numbnuts running things.

We also are under mandatory mask wearing as of May 1st....if you are outside and within 6’ of a stranger. So let me understand this. Social distancing is mandatory and we have to stay at least 6’ apart. So WHY would you be within 6’ and have to put a mask on? So are they telling you to stay 6’ apart, but if you won’t listen to that and you want to stand 3’ apart please make sure you have a mask on or we will ticket you. Idiots 😂

Post a reply to: Thoughts on a limited reopen?

The Latest