This one Hurts.....

G-man
8/25/2020 8:42pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2020 9:50pm
Dang Boomslang has quite a pack! Woohoo
I dig looking at all your guys cats, caseclose your cat reminds me of Smoky, she was vocal too especially in her later years.

Sumdood, great story looking at your kitten (what a cutie) makes me want to go get one right now, but we need a break as our focus is on Jan...

Thank God we still have two Dogs to keep her company while I'm at work.
Had a hard time going to sleep last night as I miss my purrbox.... ๐Ÿ˜ข

G-man
8/25/2020 8:44pm
whyZ wrote:
"Year can't end soon enough"...Damn straight. Sorry to hear about this G-, animals are so tough too lose. Always leave you thinking if you could've done...
"Year can't end soon enough"...Damn straight. Sorry to hear about this G-, animals are so tough too lose. Always leave you thinking if you could've done more. Had to put our dog down a couple months ago. Everything we tried didn't work with any sustainability. The seizures were coming more frequently, and just too hard to watch. Got to the point we didn't want to leave the house for fear of could happen if we weren't around as he was coming out of it. Anyway feel for you, and can't wait kick 2020 down the road.
Sorry to hear about your Dog Bob, I know you gave her a great Life.....
SEEMEFIRST
8/26/2020 1:18am
Man, I've never been a big cat guy, but we had a tom I called "testeclese". at the ranch. He had a head like a cougar.

He was funny as hell. He wouldn't get next to you unless it was up to him.

I'd sit in the dark on the porch, and he'd cruise by, stepping on my feet, but he never wanted me to touch him.

He was a bad ass, but I think the coyotes probably got him.

Sorry your buddy is gone, Gary.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/26/2020 4:08am
G-man wrote:
Dang Boomslang has quite a pack! :woohoo: I dig looking at all your guys cats, caseclose your cat reminds me of Smoky, she was vocal too...
Dang Boomslang has quite a pack! Woohoo
I dig looking at all your guys cats, caseclose your cat reminds me of Smoky, she was vocal too especially in her later years.

Sumdood, great story looking at your kitten (what a cutie) makes me want to go get one right now, but we need a break as our focus is on Jan...

Thank God we still have two Dogs to keep her company while I'm at work.
Had a hard time going to sleep last night as I miss my purrbox.... ๐Ÿ˜ข

I feel your pain bud, really hard saying goodbye to a pet.

I only have three cats now. Caution my big cat will hit 19 next month. He won't be around much longer...im dreading that day.

Also had to put my German Shepherd down a while back. He was 11yrs old and his rear legs/hips gave out.

The Shop

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
8/26/2020 8:26am
Sorry for your loss G-man.
We had to put one of our dogs down last year after fighting cancer for almost 4 years. I still tear up thinking about him.
Also last year, on my wife's birthday, her cat had a blood clot block her spinal cord, causing us to have to put her down. What a sweet cat she was, would get so excited about being petted she'd just start drooling.

Thankfully we still have 2 dogs and 2 cats (one named Smokey) that assuage our sorrow.
a22
8/28/2020 5:31am
just James wrote:
I've lost track of how many cats we've had over the years. Some more special than others, but they all have their own personality. Out of...
I've lost track of how many cats we've had over the years. Some more special than others, but they all have their own personality. Out of the seven that we have currently, Pitch is my buddy. If I sit down, he wants to be on my lap. He also enjoys an occasional short ride in the old farm truck.
Had this Lynx "Stinky" many years ago. What a character he was.
That is one crazy looking beast! The size of its paws! Never seen paws like that before!
What was the story with that, was it a proper wildcat?

When I was a kid there was an old lady who lived a couple of houses away who had a couple of Pumas, they were tame and I got to stroke one of them, couldn't believe it when I first saw it and it come upto me.

Amazing cats and pics in this thread, is amazing the personalities they all have.
just James
8/28/2020 8:57am
just James wrote:
I've lost track of how many cats we've had over the years. Some more special than others, but they all have their own personality. Out of...
I've lost track of how many cats we've had over the years. Some more special than others, but they all have their own personality. Out of the seven that we have currently, Pitch is my buddy. If I sit down, he wants to be on my lap. He also enjoys an occasional short ride in the old farm truck.
Had this Lynx "Stinky" many years ago. What a character he was.
a22 wrote:
That is one crazy looking beast! The size of its paws! Never seen paws like that before! What was the story with that, was it a...
That is one crazy looking beast! The size of its paws! Never seen paws like that before!
What was the story with that, was it a proper wildcat?

When I was a kid there was an old lady who lived a couple of houses away who had a couple of Pumas, they were tame and I got to stroke one of them, couldn't believe it when I first saw it and it come upto me.

Amazing cats and pics in this thread, is amazing the personalities they all have.
He was a Canadian Lynx that we got as a tiny kitten and bottle raised. He eventually became very ill, and I had to put him down. Probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do. One huge drawback to having an exotic pet is that it is nearly impossible to find a veterinarian who will work with it.
He was extremely playful, and very loving toward his "family". However, I definitely would NOT recommend that 99% of people who think they might want one, actually get one.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
8/28/2020 10:41am
Often come home and find that the cat has crawled under my duvet.

a22
8/28/2020 11:16am
just James wrote:
He was a Canadian Lynx that we got as a tiny kitten and bottle raised. He eventually became very ill, and I had to put him...
He was a Canadian Lynx that we got as a tiny kitten and bottle raised. He eventually became very ill, and I had to put him down. Probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do. One huge drawback to having an exotic pet is that it is nearly impossible to find a veterinarian who will work with it.
He was extremely playful, and very loving toward his "family". However, I definitely would NOT recommend that 99% of people who think they might want one, actually get one.
What an amazing creature- and story- the paws on him are just incredible- talk about powerful! Never seen such thick arms and paws.

The Pumas (Mountain Lions?) the old lady had who lived near to me also were totally amazing, one of them was big and so amazing looking was like a Lavender blue color. Was one of the prettiest things I ever saw- and fascinating- it seemed really gentle, think it knew I was a young kid and in awe of it. Never forgot that experience- was in like 1975.

Post a reply to: This one Hurts.....

The Latest