This little girl says,,,,

JAFO92
Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 12:02pm
,, you guys are too stressed out. You need to just relax, latch on to a nice teat and then take a long nap. Wink

|
scooter5002
5/16/2018 7:25am
All I can say is, I agree with her 100%. Good stuff, Bobby.
newmann
5/16/2018 7:45am
Good stuff! My little guy, Cat 9 wore himself out this morning fetching a meal for his mother and I! Usually it is snakes and the occasional bird but he shocked us a bit this time...Unsure

JAFO92
5/16/2018 7:49am
Love it Newmann, he did a good job bringing in that fuzzy tailed tree rat.
MR. X
5/16/2018 8:21am
I could go for a nap actually .

The Shop

bigmaico
5/16/2018 12:41pm
" you guys are too stressed out. You need to just relax, latch on to a nice teat and then take a long nap"

Jafo,

I tried that this morning & the wife just kicked me out of bed & said go make me breakfast ( 1 large mug of Coffee )

It's sux being a house Husband, I need to find a job. Probably less stress too!Laughing
SEEMEFIRST
5/16/2018 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 1:25pm
That's a beautiful little calf, Bobby.
That a heifer?
Mine is a big shot eating creep feed with momma.

Nevermind, just re-read the title.
JAFO92
5/16/2018 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 2:13pm
Lookin' good Karl, if I didnt have Charolais, Id hafta go with what you got there. Gorgeous cattle.
JAFO92
5/16/2018 1:43pm
bigmaico wrote:
" you guys are too stressed out. You need to just relax, latch on to a nice teat and then take a long nap" Jafo, I...
" you guys are too stressed out. You need to just relax, latch on to a nice teat and then take a long nap"

Jafo,

I tried that this morning & the wife just kicked me out of bed & said go make me breakfast ( 1 large mug of Coffee )

It's sux being a house Husband, I need to find a job. Probably less stress too!Laughing
LOL Howard you need to step up your game and work it like ole Hef does. That boy knows how to work the ladies. Cool

IWreckALot
5/17/2018 7:15am
This little bitch just lays around all day and isn’t stressed at all. She’s just waiting for the pool to be done.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
5/19/2018 9:14pm
bigmaico wrote:
" you guys are too stressed out. You need to just relax, latch on to a nice teat and then take a long nap" Jafo, I...

Jafo,

JAFO92 wrote:
LOL Howard you need to step up your game and work it like ole Hef does. That boy knows how to work the ladies. B) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/16/262145/s1200_FAB_2178.jpg[/img]...
LOL Howard you need to step up your game and work it like ole Hef does. That boy knows how to work the ladies. Cool

Sent you a PM
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/20/2018 7:54am
I don't think I've posted any pics of Sydney since she was little, what an awesome dog/companion she has turned out to be. When we started taking her places so many people come up and tell us they had an Aussie and how smart they are.
Yes, Yes, had smart dogs before. Sydney is REALLY smart. Today she has to go to "Rattle Snake" class as that's a problem in our yard.

And here is our new addition, Baron. We just adopted him last week, He's abouut 2 1/2, just a guess. He grew up in Tijuana chained to a tire. So Cal German Shepherd Rescue brought him up and the beautiful Mrs. wanted to show him what life should be like.

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/11/2018 7:19am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 7:20am

Rosie says it’s time to crack open a cold one and head to the beach
JAFO92
7/11/2018 7:40am
Round these parts Id be the one crackin' open a beer and Rosie needs to head to the pit ! Whistling

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/11/2018 10:35am
JAFO92 wrote:
Round these parts Id be the one crackin' open a beer and Rosie needs to head to the pit ! :whistle: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/11/273965/s1200_Ribs2018_03.jpg[/img]
Round these parts Id be the one crackin' open a beer and Rosie needs to head to the pit ! Whistling

Rosie is such a honery bitch I would deliver her to your pit if you lived closer
MR. X
7/11/2018 10:43am

That's 5 bucks a half gallon right there , at least the farm I get it from charges that , it's as close as you can legally get to pushing that calf out of the way and stealing the teet.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
7/11/2018 1:19pm
Here's Sally enjoying the last eclipse. She for sure knows how to chill.

rosebud441
7/11/2018 2:10pm
Cows are cute.. i want one as a pet to keep my dog company. How do ya'll think they handle being inside all day?

do they like to cuddle?
Rooster
7/11/2018 2:34pm
IWreckALot wrote:
This little bitch just lays around all day and isn’t stressed at all. She’s just waiting for the pool to be done. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/17/262325/s1200_ADB25076_987B_4846_A7BA_EFCB635027FC.jpg[/img]
This little bitch just lays around all day and isn’t stressed at all. She’s just waiting for the pool to be done.
That pool is done, just grab a board and go!
SEEMEFIRST
7/11/2018 7:27pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Found another one last night. Took a half hour of searching, ole 807 did a good job of hiding out.

https://youtu.be/ktsSfeBGow8
That from yours, Bobby? Colon or semi colon? Or have you been able to sex it yet?

I got kinda screwed by borrowing a buddies bull last year, I threw one hieffer, but was hoping for 2 calves. The dumbass kept jumping fences, fucked a bunch of stuff up next door. Fortunately my neighbor and I have a good relationship, and he's loaded.

I have a new bull located nearby whose supposedly calm, who happens to be owned by my neighbor's top cowboy.

I rambled. Those white babies are so beautiful.
SEEMEFIRST
7/11/2018 7:48pm
What's your plan where you are?
I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing.

I think I have it sorted, but this is my first time "on my own".

I'm lucky to have heifers to build, but I really have to start thinking about size of heard.

My young life on the ranch was just doing what someone told me, I didn't learn the end game part.
JAFO92
7/12/2018 5:22am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
That from yours, Bobby? Colon or semi colon? Or have you been able to sex it yet? I got kinda screwed by borrowing a buddies bull...
That from yours, Bobby? Colon or semi colon? Or have you been able to sex it yet?

I got kinda screwed by borrowing a buddies bull last year, I threw one hieffer, but was hoping for 2 calves. The dumbass kept jumping fences, fucked a bunch of stuff up next door. Fortunately my neighbor and I have a good relationship, and he's loaded.

I have a new bull located nearby whose supposedly calm, who happens to be owned by my neighbor's top cowboy.

I rambled. Those white babies are so beautiful.
Yessir its mine. This batch of calves Im getting is the first from that bull I bought last year, ole Hughie.

Sorry to hear about that bull you rented, that kinda stuff happens. I rented a Limousine bull years ago and that bastard was a huge pain in the ass, so I understand. These days if they even remotely start acting a fool they get hauled to the sale barn. This guy I have now is a big pet and I try to keep it that way. I use feed to force him to let me put my hands on him and keep him used to being touched and handled. Now that its been a year I can walk up and pet him and he poses no threat and doesnt trash stuff. Makes vaccination & wormin' time much easier. (the Charolais bull I rented the past few years destroyed troughs and other stuff just because he could) Hughie is really panning out so far, and as evidenced by the few that have hit the ground so far this year, very low birthweights !

Yep the Charolais babies are cuties. This latest one is a heifer.

https://youtu.be/Vedk5nD2gxM

JAFO92
7/12/2018 5:35am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 5:48am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
What's your plan where you are? I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing. I think I have it sorted, but this is my...

I'm lucky to have heifers to build, but I really have to start thinking about size of heard.

My young life on the ranch was just doing what someone told me, I didn't learn the end game part.
The plan? Well its certainly not to make money. LOL We just enjoy raising livestock and at least cattle are an asset that can be turned liquid easily if you get in a pinch.

If you are looking to get a herd going the main concern is grass, water, shade and reliable access to hay. Gotta have enough grass to keep going or you will be feeding out of a sack and that gets expensive. Gotta feed 'em off the ground, not out of a trough. And with these more frequent drought years, you have to have some kinda rotational grazing program so you can move 'em around and let grass recover or you can kill the cover completely. As for the bull issue, if you only have a handful of heifers, instead of dinking with a bull just haul the girls all to the Vet and have 'em syncronized and A.I.'d and dont fool with a bull. I used to A.I. my Simmentals back 25+ years ago because it made more sense than owning/renting a 1-ton wrecking machine. Back in the 80s we used Lutylase on cows, the 90s I was using SyncroMate-B. Havent done any of that since back then so dunno what they are using these days but Im sure it works well. (I hear SyncroMate is no longer made).

Post up some pics Karl, you have some gorgeous stuff over there.
bana0401
7/12/2018 9:34am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
What's your plan where you are? I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing. I think I have it sorted, but this is my...

JAFO92 wrote:
The plan? Well its certainly not to make money. LOL We just enjoy raising livestock and at least cattle are an asset that can be turned...
The plan? Well its certainly not to make money. LOL We just enjoy raising livestock and at least cattle are an asset that can be turned liquid easily if you get in a pinch.

If you are looking to get a herd going the main concern is grass, water, shade and reliable access to hay. Gotta have enough grass to keep going or you will be feeding out of a sack and that gets expensive. Gotta feed 'em off the ground, not out of a trough. And with these more frequent drought years, you have to have some kinda rotational grazing program so you can move 'em around and let grass recover or you can kill the cover completely. As for the bull issue, if you only have a handful of heifers, instead of dinking with a bull just haul the girls all to the Vet and have 'em syncronized and A.I.'d and dont fool with a bull. I used to A.I. my Simmentals back 25+ years ago because it made more sense than owning/renting a 1-ton wrecking machine. Back in the 80s we used Lutylase on cows, the 90s I was using SyncroMate-B. Havent done any of that since back then so dunno what they are using these days but Im sure it works well. (I hear SyncroMate is no longer made).

Post up some pics Karl, you have some gorgeous stuff over there.
We ai some of ours every year we use a 7 day heat synchronization. We get the shots from the vet and the cidrs from a cattle supply warehouse. If you call Genex or Select Sires they will send a guy out to breed them. I think we paid $25 for the semen plus a $10 arm charge. It cost us about $60 a head. We then kick them out with a cleanup bull we rent.

I feel the same way about you as far as not being in it for the money.

Maintaining the land and keeping the pastures nice is not cheap and easy, but you see the benefits in the cattle.
JAFO92
7/12/2018 11:07am
bana0401 wrote:
We ai some of ours every year we use a 7 day heat synchronization. We get the shots from the vet and the cidrs from a...
We ai some of ours every year we use a 7 day heat synchronization. We get the shots from the vet and the cidrs from a cattle supply warehouse. If you call Genex or Select Sires they will send a guy out to breed them. I think we paid $25 for the semen plus a $10 arm charge. It cost us about $60 a head. We then kick them out with a cleanup bull we rent.

Maintaining the land and keeping the pastures nice is not cheap and easy, but you see the benefits in the cattle.
What is the product called you guys are using these days to synchronize? Im sure theres some kewl stuff out there now. We had a Mare AI bred a few years back and they had some good stuff they were using, including that Regu-Mate to help keep the egg from getting dumped and helping it stick. After spending money on ultra-sound tracking follicles, its a good tool to use. (just dont let any women handle it - - that stuff is best administered by men)

I went to AI school long ago and bred mine myself, we used ABS (American Breeder Service) back 35+ years ago back when semen was sold in glass ampules. Later on went to COBA S/S after that and thank God straws became the norm. We had our own nitrogen tank and I got my straws all for free because I had a family friend who worked with them. As I recall, I was using a bull outta Canada called 'Triple Crown'. Hey, cant beat free !
bana0401
7/12/2018 12:00pm
bana0401 wrote:
We ai some of ours every year we use a 7 day heat synchronization. We get the shots from the vet and the cidrs from a...

JAFO92 wrote:
What is the product called you guys are using these days to synchronize? Im sure theres some kewl stuff out there now. We had a Mare...
What is the product called you guys are using these days to synchronize? Im sure theres some kewl stuff out there now. We had a Mare AI bred a few years back and they had some good stuff they were using, including that Regu-Mate to help keep the egg from getting dumped and helping it stick. After spending money on ultra-sound tracking follicles, its a good tool to use. (just dont let any women handle it - - that stuff is best administered by men)

I went to AI school long ago and bred mine myself, we used ABS (American Breeder Service) back 35+ years ago back when semen was sold in glass ampules. Later on went to COBA S/S after that and thank God straws became the norm. We had our own nitrogen tank and I got my straws all for free because I had a family friend who worked with them. As I recall, I was using a bull outta Canada called 'Triple Crown'. Hey, cant beat free !
we use these

ABS is still around we mostly use Genex because we have had good luck with the technician.
bana0401
7/12/2018 12:05pm
Sometimes we will see a cow in heat before the bull is in with them, we just call the technician and he will come over and breed them. They recommend breeding them 12 hours after you witness standing heat.
JAFO92
7/12/2018 12:24pm
Never seen that stuff, thanks.

Yessir, cows riding is a good sign, but standing heat its go time. Of course, ole Hughie is vigilant and makes sure that situation is remedied post haste. Wink

https://youtu.be/SGHhzVoQL3w

SEEMEFIRST
7/12/2018 9:09pm
Wow, AI is cheaper than I thought.
My only experience is with simmental, and the go juice was incredibly expensive. I guess he was buying top shelf stuff, but that's all I have based my knowledge on.

I have no desire to keep a bull, don't have the real estate.
What I have is a neighbor with 3 good bulls who don't have grass.
I'll figure that in on rental fees.

"I'll feed your shit if he fucks" kind of negotiation. He says he's got a good one who historically throws medium to light calves, and he works for the guy who surrounds me, so if his bull is an idiot, he wouldn't risk it.

His are reg red Angus so.. Sounds right.

I have 15 acres of solid graze, plenty of trees to repair to, and a 4 acre spring fed tank.
I'm not going to split pastures, just going to keep the herd small.
Sell a heifer, fat a steer. Casual... They're just high maintenance pets.

Post a reply to: This little girl says,,,,

The Latest