4/14/2022 5:53pm
Do i feel bad for the bunny, or the hawk? i'm so conflicted
lestat
4/14/2022 8:47pm
Relentless ! That’s got to be a mom going off like that … wow

The Shop

Robgvx
4/14/2022 10:32pm
Looks to me like the deer was trying to kill and eat that.
Jeremy A.K.
4/15/2022 3:53am
Just so everyone is up to speed here , deer have been known to eat birds.
Fantasy
4478th
4/15/2022 9:20am
4/17/2022 7:31am
308 wrote:
[embed][/embed]
The 1 yr old nubby buck was just curious what it tasted like. An injured animal in the wild is prey for all. When farm chores where done and there was no field work. I spent all day in the woods. Kinda pretending I was Danial Boone or Tarzan living there. The animals get used to ya and all come up close . Kinda like there introducing them selfs. Cutting hay I always watched out for a animal. I noticed a fawn it was wet from birth yet. I shut the tractor off and got the fawn in both arms. And walked a long distance to the pu. I set the fawn in the front seat and went home and brought it inside. Her legs where wobbling walking around the house. Call a neighbor that had a few kids and took the fawn to visit. I wanted to get the fawn back asap but it’s super rare to capture a fawn. I went back and put the fawn in the same spot. I,m sure the mother was pissed. I was probably 11 at the time. We had a neighbor that had a doe on a leash as a pet also.
SEE ARE125
4/17/2022 8:16am
Hawk: cracks a joke
Deer: “Keep my wife’s name ouch yo fuckin’ mouf!”
4/17/2022 8:20am
308 wrote:
[embed][/embed]
The 1 yr old nubby buck was just curious what it tasted like. An injured animal in the wild is prey for all. When farm chores...
The 1 yr old nubby buck was just curious what it tasted like. An injured animal in the wild is prey for all. When farm chores where done and there was no field work. I spent all day in the woods. Kinda pretending I was Danial Boone or Tarzan living there. The animals get used to ya and all come up close . Kinda like there introducing them selfs. Cutting hay I always watched out for a animal. I noticed a fawn it was wet from birth yet. I shut the tractor off and got the fawn in both arms. And walked a long distance to the pu. I set the fawn in the front seat and went home and brought it inside. Her legs where wobbling walking around the house. Call a neighbor that had a few kids and took the fawn to visit. I wanted to get the fawn back asap but it’s super rare to capture a fawn. I went back and put the fawn in the same spot. I,m sure the mother was pissed. I was probably 11 at the time. We had a neighbor that had a doe on a leash as a pet also.
That fawn likely died. Once the fawn has human scent on it the mother typically abandons it
4/17/2022 8:49am
308 wrote:
[embed][/embed]
The 1 yr old nubby buck was just curious what it tasted like. An injured animal in the wild is prey for all. When farm chores...
That fawn likely died. Once the fawn has human scent on it the mother typically abandons it
I was as careful as I could b for a 11 yr old. I wrapped it in a gunny sack and the deer kinda laid on it in the pu. It probably got scent from all of us in the house. There’s scent from cats, birds, chicklets , rabbits,
A raccoon . A neighbor gave us a pet raccoon 1 day it was behaving real good so I brought it in the house. Oh course my Mom freaked. We made a incubater and hatched chicklets from an egg in the house. If I was in the house checking on my eggs and 1 was trying to get out . I put the egg on the table and watched it crack the shell and come out. I brought a Prego mother rabbit in the house and watch it hv bunnies. Then keep them in the house until my Mom wanted them out. This is farm living we feed the deer in winter when it’s-24 and 4 ft of snow. Deer hv a hard time surviving winter. I had to finish cutting the field . The doe licked the fawn for 2 hrs then they walked into the woods. I checked for the next few days in the small woods. They where together.
swordfish
4/17/2022 10:21am
308 wrote:
[embed][/embed]
Wives tale.
SEEMEFIRST
4/17/2022 11:17am
308 wrote:
[embed][/embed]
I have heard that about birds, but not deer.

Many mammals will take in orphaned babies, deer included.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
4/18/2022 12:47pm
X2 above. It hasn't been my experience that the mother won't take the fawn back. I have and have seen many fawn's caught while growing up. We would play with them and let them suck on your ear. Its pretty funny. We have tamed many of them under our apple trees to where you could feed them by hand. I remember 1 deer I played with every year until it was an 8 point buck, about 5 years. As he got older he eventually got to rough to mess with but he would still come and make himself noticed to the point you knew it was him.
It is pretty common if you are out and about enough that you will see a fawn by the road in the spring time. A lot of them get stuck in ditches trying to cross a road following their mother. I saved one once, that couldn't have been more than a couple hours old that fell off a bank and into a deep hole by a culvert. Its mother was going ape shit because she couldn't get it out. I took it out and carried it into the woods half way to its mother and set it down. I stayed and watched form a distance and she licked it up and down for about 5 minutes and they went on their way. Maybe its true in some instances that they won't take them back but it for sure has not been my experience.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
4/19/2022 6:40pm
It went for so long I though I was watching a loop. Don't know how that hawk lasted so long.
Those deer have some powerful legs!
Log Hopper
Fantasy
1517th
4/22/2022 9:01am
A friend of mine walked up on an injured deer to finish it off and proceeded to get bit. She got quite the mouth full and he got 5 broken bones in his hand.

Post a reply to: This is F'ing crazy

The Latest