WOW, two thumbs down on that one. 👎👎
BMSOBx2
11/21/2019 9:18pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2019 9:19pm
That's messed up.
Sir
11/22/2019 11:04am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Has Luongo taken over that series too ?
No, but it does seem rights holder Dorna (rights holder of MotoGP as well) appear to be doing what they can to keep the popularity of WSBK to a minimum to prevent the GP's v WSBK "war" of the 90's when superbike racing was more popular than what is now MotoGP.

To get rid of a USA round right when World Superbikes gets itself an American rider as well - what great planning. If there is one thing I didn't like about the Laguna round was the exclusion of WSS and the 125cc/Moto3, 250cc/Moto2 championships. Would have been quite the show seeing those tiddler and middleweight world championship racers tackle Laguna Seca.

The Shop

Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
12/8/2019 12:28pm
No, Guiseppe Luongo does not run that series. It is run by Dorna, same guys who run MotoGP. it seems they gave up on road racing in USA.
BMSOBx2
12/8/2019 4:00pm
No, Guiseppe Luongo does not run that series. It is run by Dorna, same guys who run MotoGP. it seems they gave up on road racing...
No, Guiseppe Luongo does not run that series. It is run by Dorna, same guys who run MotoGP. it seems they gave up on road racing in USA.
Yes they've given up on road racing in the United States has also given up on world superbike. It'll be a spec series before they're done.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
12/9/2019 10:31am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Yes they've given up on road racing in the United States has also given up on world superbike. It'll be a spec series before they're done.
WSBK seem to rebound with 26 people permanently on grid next year. i personally do not know how or why should they rebound but they do. KRT is doing their own thing, Pata Yamaha is doing... stuff i guess... Ducati is trying to win something really desperately andpumps fudgeton of money into it and with BMW back it seems they are able to continue with this flaming pooping circus.

I am not against spec-series... Burn the stupid sticker lights, ban the fricken airboxes instead of tank and other MotoGP shizzle in WSBK. Race it on sunday, sell it on monday.
G-man
12/11/2019 6:52am
"To get rid of a USA round right when World Superbikes gets itself an American rider as well - what great planning. If there is one thing I didn't like about the Laguna round was the exclusion of WSS and the 125cc/Moto3, 250cc/Moto2 championships. Would have been quite the show seeing those tiddler and middleweight world championship racers tackle Laguna Seca."

From my understanding it has more to do with scramp not being able to renew their lease with the county or city of Monterey.

So everything is up in the air whether they will continue racing or not. Dorna seems like they're waiting for the chips to fall. I just hope it does come back, the track is too legendary to go by the wayside of awesome tracks gone.

The thing I don't understand what the dumb local politicians is that race bring so much money into the local area why they would pull these Shenanigans is beyond logic.

Sir
12/12/2019 4:16am
G-man wrote:
"To get rid of a USA round right when World Superbikes gets itself an American rider as well - what great planning. If there is one...
"To get rid of a USA round right when World Superbikes gets itself an American rider as well - what great planning. If there is one thing I didn't like about the Laguna round was the exclusion of WSS and the 125cc/Moto3, 250cc/Moto2 championships. Would have been quite the show seeing those tiddler and middleweight world championship racers tackle Laguna Seca."

From my understanding it has more to do with scramp not being able to renew their lease with the county or city of Monterey.

So everything is up in the air whether they will continue racing or not. Dorna seems like they're waiting for the chips to fall. I just hope it does come back, the track is too legendary to go by the wayside of awesome tracks gone.

The thing I don't understand what the dumb local politicians is that race bring so much money into the local area why they would pull these Shenanigans is beyond logic.

It's worse than that, corruption abound it would seem - INSIGHT: Monterey County sham, article from racer.com.

Post a reply to: This SUCKS!!!!

The Latest