Thieving pricks

bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
11/28/2017 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 6:46pm
Our shop was broken into Sunday morning. An unlocked office window and he was in. Thief walked by about 15 bikes, 10 sleds and hundreds of snowmobile jackets to steal a register and cash box holding less than $500.

I can`t believe how angry you get as an employee when your place of work is broken into. Everyone here is livid over it. Anyone else have their workplace broken into? How did they catch the guy?
|
11/28/2017 2:53pm
Had a car stolen off the street right outside my bedroom window (moved to a way better place after that). I have never felt so violated in my life. I hope they catch the scumbags who took from your place of business. No room in the world for people like that. Especially in the moto community.
11/28/2017 4:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 4:39pm
Had my garage broken into twice. First time my yz 250 was lifted and my iPhone I used as a iPod on a charging dock. Second time my dog bit the mother Phuker.

easier just to insure shit. And if it was only $500. Lesson learned. Don’t keep cash at the business. Or get a vault installed that bolted to the floor. Nice safe or knock out a wall.

If crackheads want your shit they’ll break in to get it. Guy that robbed you wanted drug money. He was just tying to stave off the withdrawal. Needed some heroin bad it seems....otherwise they woulda cleaned that entire place out. And thieves usually come back atleast a second time within 6 months. Very real stats! so now you got a heroin addict or crackhead that knows an easy way into your business....and he’s got shady friends. Wouldn’t surprise me for a weeks worth of dope if he cuts a deal with some shady smash n grab fellers about your inventory and they hit you again within 6 months.
Hut
11/28/2017 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 5:04pm
Our job got broke into, cut 1 lock and 1 chain with lock on the substation gates then they jimmyed control house door open. Lots of hand and power tools both company and personal were stolen, along with a pickup truck to haul the stuff off.
The truck was found parked up on a hill by a couple PUD lineman working in the area. The battery was stolen along with the electric pump off the diesel tank. The lugs were all off but tires were still there.
The Sheriff's office busted the thieves a few months later and some stuff eventually got returned. The thieves were repeat offenders, no surprise.
I hate thieves but that is what insurance is for.
JPT
11/28/2017 6:28pm
The OGs have heard this before, but got home about 10 one night, took the garbage to the street while my wife went in the house. Came in and she said "did you leave the lights on in the bedroom and shut the door?" I had not. Thought where's my gun, oh yeah in the bedroom. Tried the door, it was locked. Headed out front til the cops got there. Rat bastards had broken out the bedroom slider and ransacked the place.

To answer your question, yeah it pisses you off.

The Shop

11/28/2017 7:23pm
Well that had to agonizing JPT. WOW. I always leave the house strapped and the safe is locked. Cant imagine the horror to come home to a locked door where I know weapons are stored.
JPT
11/28/2017 8:14pm
Well that had to agonizing JPT. WOW. I always leave the house strapped and the safe is locked. Cant imagine the horror to come home to...
Well that had to agonizing JPT. WOW. I always leave the house strapped and the safe is locked. Cant imagine the horror to come home to a locked door where I know weapons are stored.
That was when we lived in Vegas. Made significant changes after that.
JM485
11/28/2017 8:33pm
Walked out to my truck to go to work one morning last summer and noticed that my little bad I keep my sunglasses in was sitting on the driveway. I thought, "Huh, that's weird, I can't imagine I dropped that", since I'm super careful about where I put my stuff. Walked up to the truck and realized my door was unlocked and the ignition was on, some ass-blank had obviously gotten an old key to work, and tried to make off with my truck. Luckily, being that I live in the seventh layer of hell, I was smart enough a few years back to wire up an ignition kill switch in High school in the event something like this happened since yota pickups are so damn easy to steal (I've stolen my own truck before when my ignition locked up, but that's another story). I got so much crap for wiring that switch up, but needless to say nobody was laughing after that. Funny thing is the sunglasses were a cheap set I got free from my cousin, I would have been more pissed about losing the bag!Laughing

I'm so glad they didn't get away with my truck, that thing means the world to me and may God have mercy on the soul of whoever I catch trying to take it away from me. I don't know if I could ever shoot someone, but I have a nice club steering wheel lock that would do a decent amount of damage to someone's skull.Whistling Seriously, thieves are the scum of the earth, time to make people fear for their lives again when they take things that don't belong to them.
newmann
11/28/2017 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 9:14pm
I had a pair of meth head scrap metal guys who would come by the shop and haul off old auto body parts when we would get a nice pile, usually every other week or so. Then they would be coming by every week, then every couple days, every other day and eventually every damn day until I told them to leave and don't come back for two weeks. Of course there they would be the following day. Went out to check in parts after I chased them off one morning as we were just opening up and noticed the brand damn new $580.00 alloy wheel that was there 5 minutes ago is now gone. Angry

Just knowing the got 8 bucks for what cost me $580.00 was enough to make the blood boil.
eeazye
11/28/2017 9:28pm
Came out one morning to go to work and noticed my drivers side door open about 3 inches. Looked inside and yep, they stole my radio. Now mind you this was early 2000’s so radio theft had started to kind of peter out. I was usually careful to pull the face plate, but, the one night I didn’t they got it.

I’m like JM485 in that I could give a shit about the radio, it was a run of the mill Sony CD player that I had swapped in and out of about 5 cars up to that point. But I was sick about the import Rammstein disc in it that I’m sure the poor misunderstood darling that was expecting rap music when he powered it up probably used for a frisbee.

I scored big though because I followed my own advice about owning a wrangler with a soft top and plastic windows. Don’t lock your doors! Scumbag thieves will stick a razor knife through either the canvas top and/or window, then you’re out a couple grand on top of anything they stole. Or a deductible. At the time I could only afford liability coverage.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
11/28/2017 10:11pm
have had a few break ins over the years,
lost a 95 KX125 and my old mans 95 KDX200 in late 1995,
then a 08 RM125 off the back of my ute in 2010, that sucked, they tried to steel the ute as well, but just destroyed the ignition cylinder,

when i had the bike shop we got broken into a few times, lost a LT50, and a KLX110 in a couple of different robberys, the klx110 was in broad daylight,

also had a guy try to steal a yz85 but could not get it started,

then in the new factory we had a break in a couple of years ago, just took hand tools off the boys, i claimed it under my insurance , did not have to as its in their contacts in insure their won tools, but they look after me so i took one for the team

has my house broken into last year, took everything they could carry, inlc my laptop, all my watches and sunglasses, plus one of my race jerseys, (printed with name and number) plus a bit of other stuff, nothing that valueable in itself, but i never had a back up of alot of photos i had on the lap top, so that sucks,

pisses me off when they take stuff and get nothing for it,
11/29/2017 5:16am
You can get heroin for a couple dollars a hit. Anything they take they’ll get atleast a few bucks.
nicko-31
11/29/2017 6:49am
How much do you think they could get for 15 rounds of 40 caliber copper. !!Laughing
peelout
11/29/2017 7:58am
bh84 wrote:
Our shop was broken into Sunday morning. An unlocked office window and he was in. Thief walked by about 15 bikes, 10 sleds and hundreds of...
Our shop was broken into Sunday morning. An unlocked office window and he was in. Thief walked by about 15 bikes, 10 sleds and hundreds of snowmobile jackets to steal a register and cash box holding less than $500.

I can`t believe how angry you get as an employee when your place of work is broken into. Everyone here is livid over it. Anyone else have their workplace broken into? How did they catch the guy?
sounds to me like it was an employee that did it
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
11/29/2017 8:10am
3 different times I have had my moto van broke into. Also used the big outter locks for the back and side doors so they couldn't take the bikes.

My home was broken into 6 years ago, they dumped out ever drawer and took all the electronics, guns and food. I had just been given 5 grand in cash for selling a moto bike and I think that is who came back looking for it.

I do some training of service dogs and had a dog taken that had over 100 grand invested in training. To get to the kennels, they went thru a locked gate and walked over a mile into my property, again it had to have been someone I knew. Keep in mind while doing dog training, I have law enforcement cars in and out all the time, so this took big nads on the theif. If they took the Shepard in the kennel
over, he would have killed em. That dog was a year into aggression training fr serving dangerous warrants and such and the dog at the time wouldn't hardly back down for a trained handler.

SEE ARE125
11/29/2017 9:11am
bh84 wrote:
Our shop was broken into Sunday morning. An unlocked office window and he was in. Thief walked by about 15 bikes, 10 sleds and hundreds of...

peelout wrote:
I agree. Unlocked window sounds pretty convenient. The holidays are upon us and there’s a lot of people looking for some extra cash, which is why they skipped everything else. It would be too much risk and hassle to turn those other items into cash. I’d pay particular attention to employees who talk a lot, laugh a lot(often at jokes that aren’t funny), and are overly nice all the time. There’s a difference between genuinely nice people and suspiciously nice people. In the coming days, keep tabs on how often everyone talks about the theft. The thief is going to be more concerned than everyone else. Hopefully it’s not an employee, but my past experiences say otherwise. Good luck.
11/29/2017 9:59am
Luckily I've never had anything of major value stolen. Out of curiosity, if your shop is broken into, is everything covered by insurance? so basically you're not out any money? Not saying you shouldn't be angry, I'm only asking because I know - say, floods for example, many people are out and get $0 from insurance.
Barrett57
11/29/2017 10:57am
Had all the tools out the back of a work van stolen.

I hope those who stole them die a agonzing slow death. I fucking despise thieves.
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
11/29/2017 12:56pm
bh84 wrote:

peelout wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I agree. Unlocked window sounds pretty convenient. The holidays are upon us and there’s a lot of people looking for some extra cash, which is why...
I agree. Unlocked window sounds pretty convenient. The holidays are upon us and there’s a lot of people looking for some extra cash, which is why they skipped everything else. It would be too much risk and hassle to turn those other items into cash. I’d pay particular attention to employees who talk a lot, laugh a lot(often at jokes that aren’t funny), and are overly nice all the time. There’s a difference between genuinely nice people and suspiciously nice people. In the coming days, keep tabs on how often everyone talks about the theft. The thief is going to be more concerned than everyone else. Hopefully it’s not an employee, but my past experiences say otherwise. Good luck.
In our area crime isn`t a major issue. This was the first break-in attempt in years. We have the whole thing on camera, from him pulling up to going in, taking the register and leaving, somehow we couldn`t get a look at his face, kept his head down and bundled up to hide from the IR sensors.

We know it wasn`t an employee. Nobody here looks or walks like he does. At this point we have a couple names being looked into, and a meeting with a few other businesses who have been hit to share notes and security footage.

We`ll find the bastard
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
11/29/2017 12:58pm
Luckily I've never had anything of major value stolen. Out of curiosity, if your shop is broken into, is everything covered by insurance? so basically you're...
Luckily I've never had anything of major value stolen. Out of curiosity, if your shop is broken into, is everything covered by insurance? so basically you're not out any money? Not saying you shouldn't be angry, I'm only asking because I know - say, floods for example, many people are out and get $0 from insurance.
We are insured against theft, but at $40,000 per year for the business it has to be something significant before we claim it. This guy would be lucky to have $400 in cash and a laptop. Not worth going to insurance for.
peelout
11/29/2017 1:45pm
peelout wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I agree. Unlocked window sounds pretty convenient. The holidays are upon us and there’s a lot of people looking for some extra cash, which is why...
bh84 wrote:
In our area crime isn`t a major issue. This was the first break-in attempt in years. We have the whole thing on camera, from him pulling...
In our area crime isn`t a major issue. This was the first break-in attempt in years. We have the whole thing on camera, from him pulling up to going in, taking the register and leaving, somehow we couldn`t get a look at his face, kept his head down and bundled up to hide from the IR sensors.

We know it wasn`t an employee. Nobody here looks or walks like he does. At this point we have a couple names being looked into, and a meeting with a few other businesses who have been hit to share notes and security footage.

We`ll find the bastard
sounding more and more like an inside job, maybe an employee's buddy. inside info about the unlocked window, keeping their head down, walking straight to the register and cash box, it all is TOO convenient. nobody leaves a cash box sitting out. only someone who knew it was there would go in and get it.
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
11/29/2017 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 2:01pm
peelout wrote:
sounding more and more like an inside job, maybe an employee's buddy. inside info about the unlocked window, keeping their head down, walking straight to the...
sounding more and more like an inside job, maybe an employee's buddy. inside info about the unlocked window, keeping their head down, walking straight to the register and cash box, it all is TOO convenient. nobody leaves a cash box sitting out. only someone who knew it was there would go in and get it.
We have a theory that it could be a friend of a past employee who was fired. He was known to be a slimy git. THe cash box was under the till, he only noticed it when he bent down to unplug it, so I don`t think he knew where that was beforehand. Should have been hidden better but we went so long without any trouble we got a little complacent. Its a good wake up call.

As for the window, the guy tried every door on the building before heading there. Was snooping outside for 10-15 mins before finding a way in. More likely we just forgot to lock that particular one.
11/29/2017 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/29/2017 3:52pm
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut. Dumb thief got lucky ? Maybe he wouldn’t of broke in if the window wasn’t open? Maybe a kid?
anniebertmojo
11/29/2017 6:10pm
I had someone try to break into my house once (decent neighborhood in Southern California). I travel a lot so they had to be casing my house and when I'm gone the dogs go to my parents house. So they thought they figured it out.

I came home a day early and got in really late one night (like 1 AM) instead of the following afternoon. So I'm laying in bed contemplating what time I should get up and head over to my parents house to pick up the dogs and I hear someone tying to jimmy the front door open. The house is dark except a small reading light in my bedroom. I look down the hall and I see a silhouette of somebody bent down trying to get in.

Mother Fcker... I said.

I put on a pair of shoes, threw on some shorts and a t-shirt then pulled my M1 Carbine out of the gun safe. Put the magazine in and snuck up to the door. I open the door suddenly, locked and loaded the thing with a big "CLA-CLUNK", put it in his face while he looked up in horror and I said, "You have 3 seconds... run or stay... you figure it out." That prick ran so fast he would of qualified for the Olympics.

Needless to say, no more issues anymore... I'm not your typical Southern Californian native. I like guns, I burn mass amounts of fossil fuel and I eat steak. I think they will leave me alone.
Hut
11/29/2017 6:14pm
Laughing Hopefully that scared him straight, for awhile at least....
JPT
11/29/2017 6:29pm
Hut wrote:
Laughing Hopefully that scared him straight, for awhile at least....
Naw, it will be awhile until anything he's got gets straight after thast.
Since73
11/29/2017 9:38pm
Raced an '82 CR250 that I had dialed in for over a year; it felt like an extension of me. I knew exactly what that bike was going to do over every bump/jump. It was stolen from the back of a van while travelling to a series race. Not wanting to lose series points, I jumped on a brand new model and ended up looping it over a jump I had taken a hundred times successfully on the '82 - breaking my femur.

So yeah...I hate thieves. It was not a direct correlation, but I'm pretty damn sure it wouldn't have happened on my familiar '82. To this day I'm super cautious on any new bike until I get a really good "feel" for it; tough lesson learned.

11/30/2017 6:36am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2017 6:40am
I had someone try to break into my house once (decent neighborhood in Southern California). I travel a lot so they had to be casing my...
I had someone try to break into my house once (decent neighborhood in Southern California). I travel a lot so they had to be casing my house and when I'm gone the dogs go to my parents house. So they thought they figured it out.

I came home a day early and got in really late one night (like 1 AM) instead of the following afternoon. So I'm laying in bed contemplating what time I should get up and head over to my parents house to pick up the dogs and I hear someone tying to jimmy the front door open. The house is dark except a small reading light in my bedroom. I look down the hall and I see a silhouette of somebody bent down trying to get in.

Mother Fcker... I said.

I put on a pair of shoes, threw on some shorts and a t-shirt then pulled my M1 Carbine out of the gun safe. Put the magazine in and snuck up to the door. I open the door suddenly, locked and loaded the thing with a big "CLA-CLUNK", put it in his face while he looked up in horror and I said, "You have 3 seconds... run or stay... you figure it out." That prick ran so fast he would of qualified for the Olympics.

Needless to say, no more issues anymore... I'm not your typical Southern Californian native. I like guns, I burn mass amounts of fossil fuel and I eat steak. I think they will leave me alone.
My man. I vowed never to move to California. But if I do it’s next to you!

not the m1a but her sister...

Since73 funny you say that. My 250 That was lifted from me I had the same feeling. Perfect set up. Felt like it was wired into my nervous system. Not so much did I care about the money for insurance I wanted MY bike. I just qualified on it at highpoint in 25+ for regionals. I was so pissed didn’t even go to regionals.
anniebertmojo
11/30/2017 7:20am
I had someone try to break into my house once (decent neighborhood in Southern California). I travel a lot so they had to be casing my...

Mother Fcker... I said.

My man. I vowed never to move to California. But if I do it’s next to you! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/30/228559/s1200_8631AD0A_0B42_4870_9B5B_71FA73115A88.jpg[/img] not the m1a but her sister... Since73 funny...
My man. I vowed never to move to California. But if I do it’s next to you!

not the m1a but her sister...

Since73 funny you say that. My 250 That was lifted from me I had the same feeling. Perfect set up. Felt like it was wired into my nervous system. Not so much did I care about the money for insurance I wanted MY bike. I just qualified on it at highpoint in 25+ for regionals. I was so pissed didn’t even go to regionals.
now that's funny.

Like all of us, we work hard for the things we have in our lives and try to do the right thing... being family, moto, etc...

I just despise people who try to do this stuff (steal). Someone stole my Toyota pick up out of my driveway when I was away once. I said never again.
11/30/2017 7:24am
My First truck was a little 87 yota pickup. Kinda funny We are all similar personalities haha.
anniebertmojo
11/30/2017 7:37am
My First truck was a little 87 yota pickup. Kinda funny We are all similar personalities haha.
1st new truck I ever purchased was a 88 Toyota lol... the the bastards stole it. It was a great little truck. Great minds think a like.

Post a reply to: Thieving pricks

The Latest