They Shall Not Grow Old

Anyone else seen this? Absolutely unbelievable. Difficult to watch at times, some of the footage and accounts are utterly horrific but it's the truth of what those guys went through. Also from a technical pov what they were able to do with the original footage is stunning.

For those in the UK it's still available on BBC iplayer until the 18th I believe.

|
borg
11/12/2018 6:35pm
It's amazing how much more real it looks when it's slowed down and color is added. Watching the old film you get this idea that this was several centuries ago and people were more like ants than humans. Imagine if we could see the Civil War the same way. Or the Revolutionary War.

Europe was a real life nightmare for most of the first half of the last century.

It gives some perspective or maybe I wish it would, to certain people that think we live in such a cruel country because they actually have to pay to go to college or somebody said something that offended them.

I never get tired of watching WWI and WWII documentaries. I will do some searching. I want to see this.
11/12/2018 7:43pm
Would love to see some of the old "World at War" episodes from the 1970's in that format. Will never forget the soundtrack of that program either, truly chilling symphony pieces.
jamma10
11/13/2018 2:29am
Yes, what an incredible film! I was transfixed.

Well worth watch.
TXDirt
11/13/2018 6:46am
That was awesome! Thx for sharing.

The Shop

11/14/2018 11:57am
It’s really something how color makes that feel more human. And it shows we aren’t much different today. Looks like a regular modern day unit doing some training....you can tell the comradery is there even though god only knows what the hell they were about to experience in the hours or days following the footage.
NorCal 50+
11/14/2018 3:30pm
My great uncle died at belleau wood, France.in wwI. This battle got down to bayonets and even bare hand combat. Absolutely brutal. I can't get over how these guys all look so happy.

Post a reply to: They Shall Not Grow Old

The Latest