The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2018 9:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 5:18 AM

They gave you the freedom to complain without persecution

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

5/27/2018 9:49 PM

That place is forever etched into my memory.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

5/28/2018 3:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 5:17 AM

I've been twice, once at 15yrs old and once at 41yrs old. Bawled my eyes out both times. All gave some, some gave all.

|

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.

5/28/2018 4:15 AM

Have yet to go.....definitely on the list!

|

5/28/2018 5:32 AM

I went for my first time back in March with my daughters junior class. It's something you'll never forget.

|

5/28/2018 6:02 AM

I really need to go there.

|

5/28/2018 11:03 AM

Closest I came to that was visiting the Vietnam Memorial. So many many names. Should have visited Tomb of the unknown Soldier too.

|

5/28/2018 11:03 AM

I encourage everyone to listen to taps today at some point or another. 11pm if you’re up....just listen with a clear empty mind. It does something to your soul knowing the meaning and hearing it. Can find it on YouTube.

|

GP740
Since 1987

5/28/2018 12:09 PM

Picked up a freshie for the house this weekend.

Photo

|

5/28/2018 12:35 PM

newmann wrote:

Picked up a freshie for the house this weekend.

Photo

Nice.

|

5/28/2018 12:36 PM

No doubt. Total respect and honor.

|

5/28/2018 1:04 PM

Back in 2014 one of our soldier's was gunned down while guarding the National War Memorial. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier sits just at the base of it. He sadly passed away.

Here's a few pictures.

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/28/2018 1:43 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Back in 2014 one of our soldier's was gunned down while guarding the National War Memorial. The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier ...more

That is such a terrible thing to hear Mav. They ever catch the person responsible? God , what kind of animal does that?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/28/2018 2:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 2:20 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

That is such a terrible thing to hear Mav. They ever catch the person responsible? God , what kind of animal does that?

He shot the soldier before storming in the main Parliament building. I believe his plan was to kill the Prime Minister at the time. The killer was shot and killed on site after a firefight with the security and police.

If you would like to read more about it there's a Wikipedia page Here. It's a long read.

Soldier being given CPR right next to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by 2 strangers and paramedics. There's another pic that someone caught and it's the shooter standing at the base of the monument with the rifle drawn out.

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/28/2018 2:53 PM

Fired the Lang up and broke out a 1964 out of remembrance for the service. Got to say I am blessed to be able to do it. Photo Photo

|

5/28/2018 9:03 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

I encourage everyone to listen to taps today at some point or another. 11pm if you’re up....just listen with a clear empty ...more

Taps is the most beautiful and the saddest songx all at once

|

5/30/2018 12:25 PM

rhargrave431 wrote:

Taps is the most beautiful and the saddest songx all at once

My wife's granddad passed a couple of weeks ago. He was a colonel in the air force. I knew the guy for 7 years but he was in his late 80s when I started dating my wife. I was good at the visitation and funeral until they started playing Taps.

He is being buried at the Washington National Cemetery. I am going to try to go and see the changing of the guard and the tomb of the unknown soldier.

|