The Sentilese tribe - possibly the most mysterious ppl on earth

doofy
I understand if you dont want to watch a 9 minute video, but jeeesh how crazy is this. Its a small island that has VIOLENTLY resisted any and all attempts to make contact (well, almost)

The island is near India, and long story short - everytime someone get curious and show up on shore whether on purpose or accident is met with hostility and violence. A group attempted to leave them gifts, some aluminum pots and pans, a live pig, a doll and a toy car... the people hid in the forest only to come out once the foreigners had left. They took the pans and killed the pig, buried it as well as the doll and the car.

After the tsunami in 2004, a rescue chopper flew over to drop food and supplies only to be met with arrows.

population estimates are around 15-200

Can you imagine living on an island your entire life, to never see ANY modern technology and then for a helicopter to show up one day... how perplexing it must be.

Its almost like they know how cruel and materialistic the modernized world is. Even the other local tribes claim they dont understand a single word of their language.

|
Tracktor
8/23/2017 9:55am
Good for them. I bet there isn't many cases of depression in that tribe........
MR. X
8/23/2017 10:49am
They know taxes are coming if they make contact.
scooter5002
8/23/2017 12:33pm
Well, they ain't got internet and Vital. Oh wait, maybe they do, and that's the explanation.
"The Sentilese don't want none."
peelout
8/23/2017 2:02pm
*no statues were harmed in the filming of this video

The Shop

doofy
8/23/2017 2:53pm
peelout wrote:
I was going to try to work in a joke about that but couldn't quite figure it out

Post a reply to: The Sentilese tribe - possibly the most mysterious ppl on earth

The Latest