The Mule

Related:
Create New Tag

12/23/2018 10:42 AM

Anybody see this yet and what did you think. I saw it last night and was blown away just like Amercan Sniper. Clint really knows how to tear your heart out. We are lucky to have Eastwood still around to make genuine films like this one.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

12/23/2018 11:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2018 11:52 AM

I want to see this movie. You are right, Eastwood makes genuine films. I am so tired of the lame remakes of old movies that have been done already and the constant flood of "Super Hero" movies.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

12/23/2018 12:40 PM

Reese95w wrote:

I want to see this movie. You are right, Eastwood makes genuine films. I am so tired of the lame remakes of old movies that have been done already and the constant flood of "Super Hero" movies.

The worse thing about the superheroe movies is the constant reboots. Do a few movies, wait a couple years, reboot the series.

It absolutely sucks. That said from a business standpoint I get it. Hard to turn down making movies that bring in hundreds of millions or billion dollar profits.

Seems like there's a lot less creativity in Hollywood nowadays.

I haven't seen The Mule but from the TV commercials it looks interesting. I believe it's based on a true story. That or it's inspired by a true story.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/23/2018 12:41 PM

Well I’m gonna go see it now.

|

GP740
Since 1987

12/23/2018 1:05 PM

I want to see it too. Not many movies anymore that motivate me enough to go to the theater, but this one looks good.

|

12/23/2018 5:09 PM

Reese95w wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

The worse thing about the superheroe movies is the constant reboots. Do a few movies, wait a couple years, reboot the series.

It absolutely sucks. That said from a business standpoint I get it. Hard to turn down making movies that bring in hundreds of millions or billion dollar profits.

I haven't seen The Mule but from the TV commercials it looks interesting. I believe it's based on a true story. That or it's inspired by a true story.

TV sucks these days also. What in the hell is it with all the "Talent Contest" shows? How long before we see "America's Best Nose Pickers" coming to a TV network near you.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

12/23/2018 5:14 PM

Yup, last trip to movies was for "The Revanant" and before that "American Sniper". Explosions, CG and deafening noise not my bag.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

12/23/2018 5:51 PM

Gotta see this one too. Hadn't been to the theatre for a couple of years but recently saw the Free Solo documentary on the big screen. Pretty awesome film too.

|

12/23/2018 5:53 PM

Huge fan of Clint and everything he does. Don't think I'll make it to the theater , but the mule is definitely something I'd like to see.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/23/2018 7:36 PM

Reese95w wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Reese95w wrote:

TV sucks these days also. What in the hell is it with all the "Talent Contest" shows? How long before we see "America's Best Nose Pickers" coming to a TV network near you.

There's no denying that there's a lot of bad TV but there's also a lot of great show out there.

Check out the Ozark and other Netflix series thread.

Personally I prefer TV/Mini-Series over movies. Haven't been to the movie theater since 2010. Absolutely can't stand going there. People on their phones, talking, getting up and cutting in front of you to go to the concession stand, chewing loudly, digging in their snack bags, etc.

I prefer to watch movies alone with no distractions.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/23/2018 7:51 PM

I enjoyed seeing the movie last night with my son. We enjoyed it and Eastwood gained another fan from another generation. I told him if gets a chance to watch Clint’s films he’d like them too. He later sent me an article about the mule...the basis for the film.
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/15/magazine/the-sinaloa-cartels-90-year-old-drug-mule.html

|

12/23/2018 7:56 PM

im gonna see it for sure...that leo sharp guy was living here in my town ...Michigan city,indiana...back in the early nineties... I worked for a printing company and leo had tens of thousands flyers printed up for trips to china...I had to deliver the flyers to him..he also had a bunch of daylilies growing in his office.

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

12/24/2018 12:16 PM

Clints movies are excellent. Unforgiven is one of my all time favorite movies. Definitely going to see this one.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

12/24/2018 6:11 PM

Didn’t realize the movie was out, but I intend on watching it. Clint is in my top five as far as actors and directors go

|

12/25/2018 6:05 PM

We went to see "The Mule" while we were on our Orlando Christmas trip this past week. Yes, I know its odd to go see a movie while you're at Universal Studios,but last Thursday was a complete and utter washout,lightning strikes,tornado warnings,the whole nine yards. So we decided to go see a movie,and The Mule was the choice. It was absolutely great to watch a Master at his craft and Clint was magnificent as Earl Stone (Leo Sharp in real life) Bradley Cooper and Laurence Fishburne as DEA agents do a great job as does Andy Garcia as head of the Cartel. I'm an old Eastwood fan so I may be biased a little but its a movie I'd watch again. I give it a solid 7.5/8.0. My recommendation is that its a "must see" for anyone that's a Clint fan, and a "should definitely see" for anyone that is not. Its a good one

|