The Curse is Officially BROKEN!

G-man
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 11:58am
Yep just like the curse of the Babe with the Red Sox and the Goat with the Chicago Cubs there was the Coin Flip with the Suns....

For those that don't know there was a coin flip 50 years ago for the number one pick it involved Phoenix and Milwaukee, well we lost that coin flip toss and the number one pick was a player you might know Lew Alcindor.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar would go on to be one of the greatest centers to ever play the game and in that 50 years we have never had a dominant Center or a #1 pick.

The curse is now broken!!!!

We are going to go after the kid just down the road in Tucson DeAndre Ayton from the Bahamas he spent one year with the Wildcats and is an absolute Beast.
reminds me of a young Hakeem Olajuwon, big guy who can move, good hands and can shoot.

We got a good young core to work with.
The key players Devin Booker who scored 70 points against the Celtics last year, Josh Jackson who had a great second-half rookie season and now Ayton.

It's been a rough road for Phoenix Suns fans the last 7 years just like the 76ers who toiled near the bottom now they are turning it around with some good young Talent.

The future looks bright and I'm sure glad I've hung tough as a season ticket holder.
Hasn't been easy but I always figured the one year I did not renew the next year would be good hahaha!
27 years in this roller coaster ride....Woohoo

JJ was our lucky charm

AYTON won a few awards in just his one year.

Beastmode highlights
Smile

|
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/16/2018 12:40pm
So what you're saying is the bad seasons were prolonged because you keep buying season tickets?
Way to be selfish and deprive anybody else of having a winning team. Wink
Hope this kid works out for you
peelout
5/16/2018 2:07pm
the phoenix suns are a curse to the NBA bro
G-man
5/16/2018 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 5:27pm
ToolMaker wrote:
So what you're saying is the bad seasons were prolonged because you keep buying season tickets? Way to be selfish and deprive anybody else of having...
So what you're saying is the bad seasons were prolonged because you keep buying season tickets?
Way to be selfish and deprive anybody else of having a winning team. Wink
Hope this kid works out for you
Haha, how did you get that I have cursed the Suns by being a season ticket holder? I've helped keep the doors open! Cheerful

Thanks though I truly believe this guy is going to be a franchise player
G-man
5/16/2018 5:31pm
peelout wrote:
Ha!
How do you figure peel? The Suns change the way basketball was played in The Steve Nash era seven seconds or less Team.

The big mistake was busting up that group.

That's how San Antonio remained in the playoffs for so long they kept their three best players together and just put pieces around them.

The Shop

G-man
5/17/2018 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2018 10:16pm
Well before the ping pong balls bounced around Deandre Ayton ended up on the cover of Slam.... Smile

Just like Steve Nash who's first sport he excelled in was soccer so does Ayton.

That relates to great footwork and Agility something you don't often see in a 7 foot one 260lb player.

http://arizonasports.com/story/1529128/arizonas-deandre-ayton-slam-maga…
peelout
5/21/2018 9:03am
peelout wrote:
G-man wrote:
Ha! How do you figure peel? The Suns change the way basketball was played in The Steve Nash era seven seconds or less Team. The big...
Ha!
How do you figure peel? The Suns change the way basketball was played in The Steve Nash era seven seconds or less Team.

The big mistake was busting up that group.

That's how San Antonio remained in the playoffs for so long they kept their three best players together and just put pieces around them.
i'm just talking shit. i have nothing against the Suns, but i do think it's a shame that a team will intentionally tank just to get a draft pick. it's not a good look.
G-man
5/21/2018 10:03am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 10:06am
peelout wrote:
i'm just talking shit. i have nothing against the Suns, but i do think it's a shame that a team will intentionally tank just to get...
i'm just talking shit. i have nothing against the Suns, but i do think it's a shame that a team will intentionally tank just to get a draft pick. it's not a good look.
Oh no worries Peely I agree with you regarding tanking it really sucks especially when you're a paying ticket holder.
This was the last year with the current format where the worst team had the greatest odds still we only had a 25% chance at the first pick. They are changing it next year to help prevent the tanking where the worst team will have the same chance as the next five or so I don't really know the rules but I know the percentage will drop to around 12%.

But like I said in my first post the Suns are the Chicago Cubs of basketball and have been screwed and had bad luck affect them more than any basketball team I can think of.

The Suns were the first professional franchise in Arizona thanks to Jerry Colangelo.
Now we are one of the states that has four professional teams.

Jerry was also the driving force for the D-backs being created. I wish he still owned the Suns as he had a brilliant Sports mind along with his son Brian who we also let go.

With all that said fans are very fickle here as most are from out-of-state very few homegrown zonies so you get a lot of bandwagon fans who only support the team if it's winning.

Only the Die Hard Suns fans and the rich folks go to Suns games these days but if we can turn the ship around the bandwagon fans will start coming out of the woodwork and fill the arena back up.

We were due to finally have some good luck our way and I just pray to God that we don't screw this up and take somebody else other than Deandre Ayton. That dude could definitely change this franchise around.

I must say the Jazz have a good young team too that Donovan Mitchell guy came out of nowhere and is suddenly in the Rookie of the Year race great player I like his attitude and play.

whyZ
5/21/2018 11:11am
G-man, just heard some rumblings that Suns are kicking around a trade deal wit the T-Wolfs.
peelout
5/21/2018 11:46am
peelout wrote:
i'm just talking shit. i have nothing against the Suns, but i do think it's a shame that a team will intentionally tank just to get...
G-man wrote:
Oh no worries Peely I agree with you regarding tanking it really sucks especially when you're a paying ticket holder. This was the last year with...
Oh no worries Peely I agree with you regarding tanking it really sucks especially when you're a paying ticket holder.
This was the last year with the current format where the worst team had the greatest odds still we only had a 25% chance at the first pick. They are changing it next year to help prevent the tanking where the worst team will have the same chance as the next five or so I don't really know the rules but I know the percentage will drop to around 12%.

But like I said in my first post the Suns are the Chicago Cubs of basketball and have been screwed and had bad luck affect them more than any basketball team I can think of.

The Suns were the first professional franchise in Arizona thanks to Jerry Colangelo.
Now we are one of the states that has four professional teams.

Jerry was also the driving force for the D-backs being created. I wish he still owned the Suns as he had a brilliant Sports mind along with his son Brian who we also let go.

With all that said fans are very fickle here as most are from out-of-state very few homegrown zonies so you get a lot of bandwagon fans who only support the team if it's winning.

Only the Die Hard Suns fans and the rich folks go to Suns games these days but if we can turn the ship around the bandwagon fans will start coming out of the woodwork and fill the arena back up.

We were due to finally have some good luck our way and I just pray to God that we don't screw this up and take somebody else other than Deandre Ayton. That dude could definitely change this franchise around.

I must say the Jazz have a good young team too that Donovan Mitchell guy came out of nowhere and is suddenly in the Rookie of the Year race great player I like his attitude and play.

hope you guys can get something going, our biggest problem post-Sloan era has been coaching. now Snyder has our group fired up and playing team ball.

you guys have been screwed in the past for sure, the Stoudemire/Diaw deal is the first thing that comes to mind for me.
G-man
5/21/2018 11:58am
whyZ wrote:
G-man, just heard some rumblings that Suns are kicking around a trade deal wit the T-Wolfs.
Gawd I hope not, I've been hearing that too. I hope they are just seeing what's out there and don't give up the #1 pick. As we know Sarver could fuck up a Wet Dream! Whistling

All these trade implications have me concerned, I can't wait for Jun 12th Draft Day to be over.
Guys like Ayton don't come around that often.
G-man
5/21/2018 12:09pm
peelout wrote:
hope you guys can get something going, our biggest problem post-Sloan era has been coaching. now Snyder has our group fired up and playing team ball...
hope you guys can get something going, our biggest problem post-Sloan era has been coaching. now Snyder has our group fired up and playing team ball.

you guys have been screwed in the past for sure, the Stoudemire/Diaw deal is the first thing that comes to mind for me.
Thanks
Yep you have a good memory we had the Spurs on the ropes and Robert Horry knew it and shoved Nash into the boards knowing our players would try to defend him. All Amare and Diaw did was put ONE FOOT on the line and they suspended them both and the Spurs would go onto to win the Series.
Then the Spurs SWEPT the team in the Finals.

David Stern avoided showing up in Phoenix ever again as he was scheduled for an appearance the next yr. He knew there would be lynch mob out for him! Evil

There was also the playoff year Nash broke his nose against the Spurs and we lost. Joe Johnson broke his face (Orbital) against Dallas that we lost. Both those Series momentum was on our side till those injuries.

Of course hard-core Suns fans remember the crooked ref who went to prison and happened to ref some of our crucial playoff games that we lost.

There is more but I think you get the idea..... Grinning

Post a reply to: The Curse is Officially BROKEN!

The Latest