The Boneyard, Russia

newmann
|
Sully
10/30/2017 7:23pm
Based on the wingspan, the only thing I can think is that it was the Soviets answer to the U2. Harry, what's your take?
APLMAN99
10/30/2017 11:06pm
I have to admit to wasting FAAAR too much valuable work time going over Davis-Monthan AFB space by space. Also, those ships parked out in the Bay Area that are supposed to be "ready reserve" but look like floating, rusted, barnacle bait. The inventory there seems to change a bit. The decommissioning of the Aircraft Carriers at Bremerton are kind of something worth looking at.

The Shop

Sully
10/30/2017 11:55pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I have to admit to wasting FAAAR too much valuable work time going over Davis-Monthan AFB space by space. Also, those ships parked out in the...
I have to admit to wasting FAAAR too much valuable work time going over Davis-Monthan AFB space by space. Also, those ships parked out in the Bay Area that are supposed to be "ready reserve" but look like floating, rusted, barnacle bait. The inventory there seems to change a bit. The decommissioning of the Aircraft Carriers at Bremerton are kind of something worth looking at.
I haven't really looked at the ships in the Bay Area. Guess I'll have to do that right now. Unfortunately, Kitty Hawk is the only carrier left in Bremerton, and the Navy just announced she'd be scrapped soon, so who knows how much longer there'll be any big boats up there. It's pretty depressing for me personally, too, since I served on Kitty Hawk, and Independence.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
11/1/2017 5:49am
The one at your time marks has its tail cut off. There's an intact version at 2:30 to 2:40.

Wouldn't fly, but looks cooler without the tail.
APLMAN99
11/1/2017 7:34am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I have to admit to wasting FAAAR too much valuable work time going over Davis-Monthan AFB space by space. Also, those ships parked out in the...
Sully wrote:
I haven't really looked at the ships in the Bay Area. Guess I'll have to do that right now. Unfortunately, Kitty Hawk is the only carrier...
I haven't really looked at the ships in the Bay Area. Guess I'll have to do that right now. Unfortunately, Kitty Hawk is the only carrier left in Bremerton, and the Navy just announced she'd be scrapped soon, so who knows how much longer there'll be any big boats up there. It's pretty depressing for me personally, too, since I served on Kitty Hawk, and Independence.
I just looked at the Suisin Bay site again after a long time and there were only a few ships there. I did a quick search and it sounds like they've closed it down. I didn't know what it was when I first saw it, I just came across it on google maps one day.

I was always fairly interest in the bunkers at Bangor and the Umatilla depot, also.

Post a reply to: The Boneyard, Russia

The Latest