Texas boys.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2017 7:35 AM

Stay safe my friends.

|

8/25/2017 8:00 AM

Only supposed to get between 15-30 inches of rain here. blink

The ground is pretty well soaked from the normal downpours we get so it isn't going to be pretty. Our house has been completely surrounded with water before, hoping it doesn't creep up and in. Our beach house is up high...and insured. Whatever happens there we will deal with later.

|

8/25/2017 8:16 AM

The things ya miss when you stop watching and reading the news . I'm guessing a big one is headed in. Stay safe people.

|

8/25/2017 8:18 AM

MR. X wrote:

The things ya miss when you stop watching and reading the news . I'm guessing a big one is headed in. Stay safe people.

I'm right there with you.

|

8/25/2017 8:35 AM

MR. X wrote:

When the news is so piss poor and pathetic, it's easy to miss the important stuff.

|

8/25/2017 8:35 AM

kongols wrote:

Stay safe my friends.

Have a cousin-in-law in the Houston area, just had a baby (their first) not quite 2 weeks ago. Kind of concerned about them. So - stay safe boys AND girls. smile

[If it was said before I missed it - but good to see you around here again BTW].

|

HAF

8/26/2017 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/26/2017 8:10 AM

Stay safe all of you Texas guys in the path of the storm. I'm in FL and know firsthand about the Hurricanes. Nothing to take lightly.

|

8/27/2017 1:37 PM

Any updates on how everyone is holding up? My Uncle's place in Houston has about a foot of water in it.

|

8/27/2017 1:56 PM

avidchimp wrote:

Any updates on how everyone is holding up? My Uncle's place in Houston has about a foot of water in it.

Almost 20" already down and with the way things are looking, could be that much more before its over. Been thru many, many hurricanes dating back to Celia in '70, but never gone thru over 3 feet of rain in one shot before. ermm

http://www.corad.org/texas_radar.htm

https://stormpulse.com/atlantic/

Photo

|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/27/2017 2:06 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Almost 20" already down and with the way things are looking, could be that much more before its over. Been thru many, many hurricanes dating back to Celia in '70, but never gone thru over 3 feet of rain in one shot before. ermm

Photo

I couldn't even imagine how much water has/will continue to fall. dizzy

Stay safe!

|

8/27/2017 2:51 PM

avidchimp wrote:

I couldn't even imagine how much water has/will continue to fall. dizzy

Stay safe!

Thank you, hope your Uncle and family is okay.

|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/27/2017 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2017 3:35 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Thank you, hope your Uncle and family is okay.

They are upstairs for now, but will have to leave soon they said. Here is a pic of their living room now. This is in the River Oaks area, very close to downtown, and sadly, the various creeks and rivers.

Sorry for the shitty video still.

Photo

|

8/27/2017 6:11 PM

newmann wrote:

Only supposed to get between 15-30 inches of rain here. blink

The ground is pretty well soaked from the normal downpours we get so it isn't going to be pretty. Our house has been completely surrounded with water before, hoping it doesn't creep up and in. Our beach house is up high...and insured. Whatever happens there we will deal with later.

Newmann I hope all your "stuff" stays dry especially that new kitchen.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/27/2017 7:28 PM

Our thoughts go out to you all affected, the news we veiwed over night here in OZ was heart breaking.

|

8/27/2017 10:34 PM

avidchimp wrote:

JAFO92 wrote:

Photo

Hang in there Bobby.

I had some friends post on FB yesterday they were leaving Conroe and Katy with multiple kids, dogs, horses an birds.

I now have a zoo at my house and backyard but hell it's all good. As long as we have dry ground, Titos and Shiner Bock then life is good!

|

Only 2 things that money can't buy, thats true love and homegrown tomatoes.

8/28/2017 9:12 AM

Watching the news now. This is some scary dangerous shit. Wishing everybody the best. Civilian volunteers are helping rescue people.

|

8/28/2017 11:26 AM

My first year in Nashville was during the flood we had a few years ago and it was mind blowing with the amount of water we had. I can not fathom what Texas is going through right now. Probably double the amount of water Nashville had. Stay safe gentlemen!

|

8/28/2017 2:15 PM

Weren't those country boys just crying that they were having a drought down there...?

lol Seriously though, I hope the best for all involved. Keep your heads above water, fellas!!!!

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

8/28/2017 2:52 PM

Bummer deal! I'm hoping the rebuild goes quickly and people get their lives back.

|

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

8/28/2017 10:04 PM

Photo

Thats the front of 3 palms. If you look closely you can see the top of the gate at the entrance. That building is the Husqvarna dealership. I have gotten 33 inches of rain at my house in Houston since Saturday night.
|

8/29/2017 5:04 AM

Crazy pictures!

|

KX125

8/29/2017 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 2:05 PM

Rain finally stopped here last night late, been a crazy past 3 days. About 30" here for us. You guys pray for Newmann and folks out his way - they are still being hammered.

Photo

|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/29/2017 2:25 PM

Had to leave the house behind. All my neighbors had taken on water and we finally got it creeping in the garage and it was pouring hard. Not letting up all night from what it appears. Hoping for the best but the flood insurance is paid!

|

8/29/2017 2:49 PM

newmann wrote:

Had to leave the house behind. All my neighbors had taken on water and we finally got it creeping in the garage and it was pouring hard. Not letting up all night from what it appears. Hoping for the best but the flood insurance is paid!

Glad you guys got out and also good to hear about the insurance. Stay safe!

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

8/29/2017 3:20 PM

What a crazy storm , thoughts go out to everyone ,I couldn't imagine what they are going through.

|

8/29/2017 4:03 PM

Harvey has set yet another U.S. record for rainfall from a tropical system.
A preliminary report from a rain gauge on the Cedar Bayou, east of Highlands, Texas, reported 51.88 inches of rain as of 3 p.m. Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service.
Earlier in the day, a weather station southeast of Houston at Mary's Creek at Winding Road, reported 49.32 inches of rain, the weather service said.
Both reports break the previous continental U.S. record of 48 inches set in 1978 in Medina, Texas, by Tropical Storm Amelia.

|

in a past life, I was myself

when opportunity knocked, it waited because I was busy

I gave my father a talking to

8/29/2017 7:05 PM

MR. X wrote:

What a crazy storm , thoughts go out to everyone ,I couldn't imagine what they are going through.

X2. Praying for everyone.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/29/2017 7:44 PM

Thoughts and Prayers for you all down there. God Bless

|

8/29/2017 9:36 PM

Hope everyone dealing with this storm is doing OK.some of the photos and videos are just unbelievable. Stay safe all you Texans.

|

8/29/2017 9:59 PM

Crazy stuff. Hope the best for all affected.

How are you doing Bobby? You wrote to me that your house and cattle are on a high ground. Is it still ok?

|