Terrible songs that are the band's greatest "hits".

Sunhouse
9/11/2020 1:10am
Deja New wrote:
anything by Cold Play most over rated band in the world ever... would be the next thread lol over rated bands..
Agreed! Not sure if I want to fall asleep or cut my wrists when their songs are played
Fonzarelli
9/13/2020 10:16am
All great bands, with lots of great songs, but their biggest song sucks:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Iron Maiden - The Trooper
The Rolling Stones - Satisfaction
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
J Geils - Centerfold
Judas Priest - Livin After Midnight
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart
Metallica - Enter Sandman, Wherever I may Roam, Until it Sleeps, The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, Sad But True, Hero of the Day, The Memory Remains.... Basically everything heard on the radio is crap.
LoudLove
9/13/2020 1:22pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
All great bands, with lots of great songs, but their biggest song sucks: Black Sabbath - Paranoid Iron Maiden - The Trooper The Rolling Stones -...

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
J Geils - Centerfold
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
Metallica - Enter Sandman, Wherever I may Roam, Until it Sleeps, The Unforgiven, Nothing Else Matters, Sad But True, Hero of the Day, The Memory Remains.... Basically everything heard on the radio is crap.
Sabbath - “Paranoid” is at best mediocre, but some stuff off the first album is worse.
Maiden - “Qwest for Fire”. More like “Qwest for Filler”. Lousy.
Stones - “Satisfaction” was great for the early 60’s. Anything after 1985 would beat it to the dumpster.
Zep - “Kashmir” is their worst? Highly debatable.
Priest - Give “Rocka Rolla” as listen and get back to me.
AC/DC - while not great, “T-struck” beats a lot of their 1984-today stuff. At least it has a catchy riff.
Motley Crue “Girl, Dont Go Away May” is aural vomit.
Metallica - ceased being Metal-Anything after “Justice”

Mucktub
9/13/2020 2:25pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
All great bands, with lots of great songs, but their biggest song sucks: Black Sabbath - Paranoid Iron Maiden - The Trooper The Rolling Stones -...

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
J Geils - Centerfold
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
LoudLove wrote:
Sabbath - “Paranoid” is at best mediocre, but some stuff off the first album is worse. Maiden - “Qwest for Fire”. More like “Qwest for Filler”...
Sabbath - “Paranoid” is at best mediocre, but some stuff off the first album is worse.
Stones - “Satisfaction” was great for the early 60’s. Anything after 1985 would beat it to the dumpster.
AC/DC - while not great, “T-struck” beats a lot of their 1984-today stuff. At least it has a catchy riff.

Sabbath's 1st album is a metal master piece. The raw intensity has rarely been matched by any other recording. Recorded in a 12 hour session with very little over dub or major production trickery, it showcases a new band inventing a new musical genre.

The Shop

9/13/2020 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2020 3:52pm
Fonzarelli wrote:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
J Geils - Centerfold
AC/DC - Thunderstruck
LoudLove wrote:
Sabbath - “Paranoid” is at best mediocre, but some stuff off the first album is worse. Maiden - “Qwest for Fire”. More like “Qwest for Filler”...

Mucktub wrote:
Sabbath's 1st album is a metal master piece. The raw intensity has rarely been matched by any other recording. Recorded in a 12 hour session with...
Sabbath's 1st album is a metal master piece. The raw intensity has rarely been matched by any other recording. Recorded in a 12 hour session with very little over dub or major production trickery, it showcases a new band inventing a new musical genre.
I agree. I can listen to their first couple albums the whole way through. Into the Void is my favorite song.
Most of the songs on that list aren't actually bad (in my opinion), but definitely overrated and overplayed. A lot of the time a bands best work is often not their radio hits. Also, Metallica was still metal after AJFA. Thrash metal? No, but definitely metal.
Mucktub
9/14/2020 2:10am
Janie's got a gun? Nowhere near as bad and over played as "I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing", it's a country song for fucks sake.
9/17/2020 3:50pm
Paul Anka wins this one with the most cringe-worthy song in history. I can't stop LOLing when I hear this.

Post a reply to: Terrible songs that are the band's greatest "hits".

The Latest