Tennis WADA and ITF

burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
The WADA is also contracted to drug test professional tennis players. Several of those players received seriously reduced sentences compared to motocross Tickle and Stewart -

Dan Evans positive for cocaine received 1 yr,
Sarah Errani positive for banned substance received 10 mos,
Marin Cilic banned substance 9 months

There are other athletes who have gotten longer sentences, but mx has gotten hammered. The WADA will most likely throw the book at Tickle and shoot for longer than 2 yrs, but hopefully he'll only get 18 mos.
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/26/2018 2:14pm
burn1986 wrote:
The WADA is also contracted to drug test professional tennis players. Several of those players received seriously reduced sentences compared to motocross Tickle and Stewart -...
The WADA is also contracted to drug test professional tennis players. Several of those players received seriously reduced sentences compared to motocross Tickle and Stewart -

Dan Evans positive for cocaine received 1 yr,
Sarah Errani positive for banned substance received 10 mos,
Marin Cilic banned substance 9 months

There are other athletes who have gotten longer sentences, but mx has gotten hammered. The WADA will most likely throw the book at Tickle and shoot for longer than 2 yrs, but hopefully he'll only get 18 mos.
Wada does not set the penalty,FIM does,

FIM was taken to the court of arbitration for sport over a short ban for a road racer, (ant west) so that is why the sentences are long,

also recreational drugs like coke, have always been treated lighter than performance enhancing or masking drugs,

Stew got 16 months, there is talk about increased sentences, but i am not sure if the FIM has suspended anyone since these came in,

the length of time FIM take is stupid tho, Clason still has not been sentenced since last year,
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/26/2018 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2018 2:18pm
Ohhh. Wow, all this time I was under the impression that the WADA and the CAS set the penalties. Just like the ITF wanted several players suspended longer but the CAS set them lower.
TXDirt
6/26/2018 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2018 2:31pm
burn1986 wrote:
Ohhh. Wow, all this time I was under the impression that the WADA and the CAS set the penalties. Just like the ITF wanted several players...
Ohhh. Wow, all this time I was under the impression that the WADA and the CAS set the penalties. Just like the ITF wanted several players suspended longer but the CAS set them lower.
My understanding, and you can google it, is that WADA sets the penalties. They have a "CODE" you must adhere to and those include penalties. An entire sport can be kicked out of the Olympics if they don't follow WADA codes. This is in addition to individual athletes being tested.

WADA needs to stick to Olympic type sports and should not at all be involved in motorcycle racing.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/26/2018 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2018 2:56pm
burn1986 wrote:
Ohhh. Wow, all this time I was under the impression that the WADA and the CAS set the penalties. Just like the ITF wanted several players...
TXDirt wrote:
My understanding, and you can google it, is that WADA sets the penalties. They have a "CODE" you must adhere to and those include penalties. An...
My understanding, and you can google it, is that WADA sets the penalties. They have a "CODE" you must adhere to and those include penalties. An entire sport can be kicked out of the Olympics if they don't follow WADA codes. This is in addition to individual athletes being tested.

WADA needs to stick to Olympic type sports and should not at all be involved in motorcycle racing.
who do you think should do the penalties? i dont trust the AMA or FIM on this to be honest, but i agree we dont need to be part of the olympic system,

Wada sets the guidelines, but the sport imposes them, and WADA can contest them, or the athlete can appeal them to the Court for arbitration of sport

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/26/2018 5:53pm
Well, I thought it was interesting that a few of these got less than a year, whereas James got more and I’m sure Tickle will too.

Of course you do have Sharapove and Troicki receiving longer sentences, but I’m not aware of any mxers receiving less than a year.

Post a reply to: Tennis WADA and ITF

The Latest