Temple of the Dog

jasonv43
Any fans in here? I went to their concert last night at the Forum. Fucking awesome!!! So good.
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/15/2016 9:24am Edited Date/Time 11/15/2016 9:25am
Yep. Im a little surprised as I thought Chris Cornell was a Christian singer now?

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
11/15/2016 10:27am
Wow, didn't know they were doing a tour. Listened to that CD a lot.
jasonv43
11/15/2016 11:02am
GuyB wrote:
Wow, didn't know they were doing a tour. Listened to that CD a lot.
Yeah I just found out recently and jumped on the opportunity. They played a lot of their stuff plus they played Seasons (Chris Cornell). And they played a bunch of Mother Love Bone and a Mad Season song. (River of Deceit) which was a huge plus. They covered songs from Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Cure (Fascination Street) and Black Sabbath (War Pigs).

The Shop

Kenny Lingus
11/15/2016 1:27pm
Would've love to been there. Listen to at least one song everyday.
jasonv43
11/15/2016 2:02pm
Would've love to been there. Listen to at least one song everyday.
I think they just played in NY not too long ago.
Vet57
11/16/2016 4:50am
Good stuff....anyone listen to Corrosion of Conformity as well?
sende
Fantasy
4455th
11/16/2016 5:21am
I've listened to that album a countless times. Too band they don't have any dates in europe.
hillbilly
11/16/2016 5:24am
Was Vedder there along with McCready,i thought they were part of that.
Kenny Lingus
11/16/2016 6:45am
jasonv43 wrote:
I think they just played in NY not too long ago.
Yes, they did play in the city. Lived upstate all my life and have never been to the city.
ocscottie
11/16/2016 6:53am
Damn I had no idea they were still together, awesome line up, wore that CD out back in the day wrenching in the garage.
Kenny Lingus
11/16/2016 6:55am
Vet57 wrote:
If you don't know the song "Albatross", I feel sorry for you. How can I respect your crime, When all you criminals whine? Song still gets me pumped to ride.
APLMAN99
11/16/2016 8:30am
gabrielito wrote:
At this point they are just Pearl jam with Chris Cornell singing. I saw this the other day, evidently Andrew Wood's girlfriend at the time isn't...
At this point they are just Pearl jam with Chris Cornell singing. I saw this the other day, evidently Andrew Wood's girlfriend at the time isn't too into it.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/11/girlfriend-of-mother-love-bone-si…
She sounds bitter for being left out. Time doesn't always heal, I guess.

Her ramblings sound like she's craving attention, and I have to admit that her legal acumen is astounding.

Grief can be strong, and influence our views for the rest of our lives, for the good or bad.

I like anything to do with the MLB/TotD/Soundgarden/MookieB/PJ/AIC/Nirvana/Tad/Mudhoney/MadSeason/STP/Melvins, etc... scene. Every bit of it, pretty much.
Camp332
11/16/2016 10:21am
Bro, Temple of the Dog brings me back to when I first started laying pipe! The girl loved that shit and played it while I was trying to get my groove on! if you know what I mean...
jasonv43
11/16/2016 10:45am
Vet57 wrote:
Bro. Do you even know what you are asking?

Clean My Wounds
Albatross
Long Whip Big America

jasonv43
11/16/2016 10:47am
hillbilly wrote:
Pearl Jam tour got in the way I guess. Although I would think he would make an appearance for the Seattle show. Still was good without him. When Hunger Strike came on it was so badass. The whole crowd basically filled in for Eddie.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
11/16/2016 10:48am
Lollapalooza 1 the very first one. Pearl jam played then soundgarden then temple of the dog. That whole show lineup was awesome.
jasonv43
11/16/2016 10:48am
gabrielito wrote:
At this point they are just Pearl jam with Chris Cornell singing. I saw this the other day, evidently Andrew Wood's girlfriend at the time isn't...
At this point they are just Pearl jam with Chris Cornell singing. I saw this the other day, evidently Andrew Wood's girlfriend at the time isn't too into it.

APLMAN99 wrote:
She sounds bitter for being left out. Time doesn't always heal, I guess. Her ramblings sound like she's craving attention, and I have to admit that...

Her ramblings sound like she's craving attention, and I have to admit that her legal acumen is astounding.

Grief can be strong, and influence our views for the rest of our lives, for the good or bad.

I like anything to do with the MLB/TotD/Soundgarden/MookieB/PJ/AIC/Nirvana/Tad/Mudhoney/MadSeason/STP/Melvins, etc... scene. Every bit of it, pretty much.
They played plenty of Mother Love Bone and Cornell talked about his long lost friend and the influence he had left on many others including Chris. Not sure what her deal is though.
Camp332
11/16/2016 12:45pm
Lots of good music from that era. Alice in Chains, Mad Season. You guys know all of the goodies.
APLMAN99
11/16/2016 1:37pm
hillbilly wrote:
jasonv43 wrote:
Pearl Jam tour got in the way I guess. Although I would think he would make an appearance for the Seattle show. Still was good without...
Pearl Jam tour got in the way I guess. Although I would think he would make an appearance for the Seattle show. Still was good without him. When Hunger Strike came on it was so badass. The whole crowd basically filled in for Eddie.
Shouldn't have been an issue with a PJ tour, unless they were also missing Ament, Cameron, Gossard, and McCready.

Went to the Foo Fighters show in Seattle on their acoustic tour back in 06 I think it was? Grohl talked quite a bit about his Seattle "roots", to the point that if he had broke down crying on stage it wouldn't have surprised me one bit.

I don't think most people appreciate how tight the Seattle area musicians of that era were. It was a pretty small pond, with some really talented fish......

And for the most part, a lot of them never really saw fame and fortune coming until long after everyone else in the world thought that they'd "made it". It's amazing how many of them still roomed with each other, or rented basement apartments and stuff long after they were household names.
rosebud441
11/16/2016 3:36pm
gabrielito wrote:

that's what Temple of the Dog was..
Pearl Jam with Chris Cornell and EV singing.. Not sure who exactly was the original drummer in TOD, Matt Cameron or Dave bad ass Abbruzzes.. cool either way
jamma10
11/16/2016 3:44pm
Not quite Temple of the Dog but seeing Pearl Jam play Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns live in 2014 was a moment I'll never forget.
gabrielito
11/16/2016 4:29pm
gabrielito wrote:

rosebud441 wrote:
that's what Temple of the Dog was.. Pearl Jam with Chris Cornell and EV singing.. Not sure who exactly was the original drummer in TOD, Matt...
Pearl Jam with Chris Cornell and EV singing.. Not sure who exactly was the original drummer in TOD, Matt Cameron or Dave bad ass Abbruzzes.. cool either way
Sort of but TotD was when Pearl Jam were in the process or had just barely formed. Cameron was an original but was in Sound Garden at the time (I am sure you know that) he's been in Pearl Jam now a lot longer than he was in Sound Garden. The Seattle guys have been doing a lot of stuff lately with Cornell and Duff playing filling in for Mad Season stuff. I always thought it would be cool if the Seattle bands from back in the day had some sort of festival, but can't even get Pearl Jam or Sound Garden to play Seattle because the venues suck so bad.
gabrielito
11/16/2016 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2016 4:45pm
gabrielito wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
She sounds bitter for being left out. Time doesn't always heal, I guess. Her ramblings sound like she's craving attention, and I have to admit that...

Yeah, I don't know much about her. If his brother was saying stuff like this then maybe there would be something to it. Losing her boyfriend was devastating and I am sure it wasn't easy for her to see all the people around him have so much success while being constantly reminded he was gone and so was her ticket.
hillbilly
11/16/2016 6:12pm
If you haven't seen " pearl jam twenty" I highly recommend.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
11/16/2016 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 11/16/2016 6:34pm
Camp332 wrote:
Lots of good music from that era. Alice in Chains, Mad Season. You guys know all of the goodies.
Mad Season! To me, one of my favorites from Staley, River of Deceit.

Loved all the Seattle stuff, still do. I actually remember thinking these bands were special and if I have a chance, I better see as many of them live that I could. Got to see Pearl Jam (Mookie Blaylock), Nirvana, Alice in Chains, maybe more. My favorite was Nirvana. Ill never forgot telling some friends we need to see them because I just had this weird feeling. Unfortunately, I was right. About a week after Kurt died we decided to have a tribute celebration. We made flyers and posted them all over campus. We had around 300 people show up. They were students from all over the US and the world. I had an Adcom stereo system that would make your ears bleed. It was maxed the whole time, until the speakers were pieces of flapping paper. It went on until dawn.
jasonv43
11/17/2016 7:39am
I've been lucky enough to see Pearl Jam twice, Soundgarden, and now Temple of the Dog. Wish I could have seen Alice in Chains for sure as they were one of my favorites from back then.
APLMAN99
11/17/2016 1:04pm
gabrielito wrote:

rosebud441 wrote:
that's what Temple of the Dog was.. Pearl Jam with Chris Cornell and EV singing.. Not sure who exactly was the original drummer in TOD, Matt...
gabrielito wrote:
Sort of but TotD was when Pearl Jam were in the process or had just barely formed. Cameron was an original but was in Sound Garden...
Sort of but TotD was when Pearl Jam were in the process or had just barely formed. Cameron was an original but was in Sound Garden at the time (I am sure you know that) he's been in Pearl Jam now a lot longer than he was in Sound Garden. The Seattle guys have been doing a lot of stuff lately with Cornell and Duff playing filling in for Mad Season stuff. I always thought it would be cool if the Seattle bands from back in the day had some sort of festival, but can't even get Pearl Jam or Sound Garden to play Seattle because the venues suck so bad.
Both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam have played Seattle concerts in the last couple of years so......

But both would definitely be better at the Gorge!!!!!

rosebud441
11/17/2016 2:24pm
hillbilly wrote:
If you haven't seen " pearl jam twenty" I highly recommend.
Holy smokes hb, you may not be the "hick" you play so well here on Vital.. Good man

PJ twenty is a great little documentary..

Post a reply to: Temple of the Dog

The Latest