Teeth Whitening

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2008 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/26/2008 3:00 PM

I thought I'd write this for anyone wondering if it worked and what it was like

Well, since I quit smoking two and a half years ago (yes, it's been that long) I decided it was time to fix my teeth and do the whitening thing.

I did the research between the dentist set up, the light deal (you see at malls) and the whitestrips from the store.

The whitestrips ain't cheap, like $30 a box which is like a 15 day supply (I think) and no idea of how well they'll work compared to "the real thing" from the dentist

The light thing at the mall or whatever seems too sketchy and none of them are really trained in dental hygiene, they're just mall employees pretending.

So I decided to do it right and go with the dentist.

They made one of those plaster casts (silicone, whatever) of my upper and lower and told me to come back in a week.

When I return I get what look like clear versions of my mouth and they pop right in, hardly feel them.

Then I got three syringes (no needle) that has the bleaching agent.

One drop per tooth in the fitted mouth guard.

You sleep in it. You really do hardly feel it. I thought it would bother me, sleeping with something like that in my mouth, but I fell right to sleep.

I noticed a difference on one night's use. Big difference.

It works

Now, I do not recommend using more than maybe two nights in a row as your teeth become incredibly sensitive and need time to I guess close up the pores or something (Maybe YZthumpa can explain).

I am doing every other or third night, and I see a little more difference each night. The first night was the most dramatic though..

Also, I had one filling for a tooth in the front with a crack (racing crash) and it is VERY sensitive the day after a treatment...you really feel it...like a little electric shock once or twice during the day after. Nothing major, just catches you.

Mine was about $250 and that included the fitted mouth trays and three tubes, which at the rate I am going will last months if I do it say twice a week.

Have nothing to compare it to, but this was my experience in case it was something you were considering
|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

10/22/2008 4:47 PM

yes...they work, even the cheapies

|

10/22/2008 4:51 PM

BobbyM wrote:

yes...they work, even the cheapies

Are those the whitest teeth youve ever cum across?

|

10/22/2008 4:51 PM

Wut if ya ain't got no teef?

|

10/22/2008 4:52 PM

I had good results with the white strips. I definitely can notice a difference. I did it like the instructions for the first month or so. I only do it a couple times a month now and I am pleased . I have never smoked cigs just MMJ .

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

10/22/2008 4:53 PM

Thats about par. Do not use the "More Is Better" philosophy. Use Ibuprofen for the discomfort, 2 to 3 tabs of 200mg. You can get some Fluoride rinse or gel from your DDS and it also helps with the sensitivity. Stay away from grape juice , wine any drink that has any staining quality for a few days after. Don't get the gel on you tissues also.

|

"Cheezus"

10/22/2008 4:54 PM

Dave, what about those UV ray deals at the Dentist office?

|

"The public sucks. Fuck hope." ~ George Carlin

10/22/2008 4:58 PM

That's the same as the light deal in the mall, I think
My dentist didn't have that, didn't seem to say much about it
I saw a thing on TV about it in the malls and it made me wary...no one is licensed or anything...it's like the guy at the photo lab...no formal training

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

[LINK TO IMAGE]

10/22/2008 4:59 PM

It all works. The "Light Activated" types can be way more sensitive, you just get a supercharge beginning. It works best for non disciplined types like me. Get some pain meds for that it can be very uncomfortable for a night.

|

"Cheezus"

10/22/2008 5:01 PM

Brite Smile is becoming a franchise type office. They are trying to brance out into dentistry also. Goes against the Dental Practice act. Non DDS/DMD owning an office.

|

"Cheezus"

10/22/2008 5:24 PM

'I was going to get my teeth whitened, then I said fuck it, I'll just get a tan'.

|

"I always tell the truth.... even when I lie"

10/22/2008 5:26 PM

roosty wrote:

'I was going to get my teeth whitened, then I said fuck it, I'll just get a tan'.

lmao

|

10/22/2008 5:31 PM

fcr wrote:

Brite Smile is becoming a franchise type office. They are trying to brance out into dentistry also. Goes against the Dental ...more

That must be the mall thing and what I saw on the news

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

10/22/2008 5:51 PM

I did it a couple years ago also. It worked good but 2 years of wintergreen grizzly has got me back where I started.

I must have got screwed because mine was about 375 I believe.

|

10/22/2008 5:54 PM

It keeps going down in price. It used to be close to a $1,000 for the in office. All of it works, you have to touch up. And some take more than one treatment.

|

"Cheezus"

10/22/2008 5:55 PM

roosty wrote:

You have so much tarter you don't have to dip your fish sticks in shit.

|

10/22/2008 6:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 8:56 PM

roosty wrote:

crowe176 wrote:

You have so much tarter you don't have to dip your fish sticks in shit.

|

"I always tell the truth.... even when I lie"

10/22/2008 6:58 PM

I've noticed some people who have obviously had their teethe whitened and when they smile or show their teethe they look kind of freaky. Too white looks weird.

|

10/22/2008 7:01 PM

I call it "George Hamilton White".

|

"Cheezus"

10/22/2008 7:01 PM

For the sensitivity you can use a sensitive tooth toothpaste like Butler's. Works great.

|

10/22/2008 7:03 PM

fcr wrote:

I call it "George Hamilton White".

He should get rid of his tan.

|

10/22/2008 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2008 7:07 PM

You would be amazed at how many people want that look. New shades had to be added to match the new "White". I also call it "Kenmore White".

|

"Cheezus"

6/7/2019 3:32 AM

It’s really nice that you shared your experience. I can relate as I’ve also quit smoking since a few months and want to go for teeth whitening as well. I’ve already booked an appointment for next week at the dentist Hermosa Beach and I’m looking forward to getting the procedure done.

|

6/7/2019 4:12 AM

Roshy36 wrote:

It’s really nice that you shared your experience. I can relate as I’ve also quit smoking since a few months and want to go for ...more

Someone give this caaarnt a military stomp to da grill.

Roshy Firty Six needs is teef kicked in.

|

6/7/2019 11:50 PM

Roshy36 wrote:

It’s really nice that you shared your experience. I can relate as I’ve also quit smoking since a few months and want to go for ...more

Get your arsehole bleached instead.

|

6/8/2019 6:10 AM

11 years. That's gotta be some kinda necro-spam record. Dude's got game. sideways

|

HAF

6/8/2019 6:22 AM

Roshy36 wrote:

Jrewing wrote:

Get your arsehole bleached instead.

Then he needs to book an appointment at the proctologist Hermosa Bleach.

|

6/8/2019 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2019 8:04 AM

Well this thread took a significant turn! Or more so it was expedited through to the end of the GI system in a hurry.

|

GP740
Since 1987