Teen Sailor lost at sea...

WORCSRacer
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2012 9:38pm
I know its not "moto" however....

The press and general public are ripping the parents a new asshole over letting this girl attempt to circumnavigate the world in a sailboat. Too young and too risky but is it? It has its parallels to moto, i.e. how many kids have died and been seriously injured riding?

Pushing the envelope in anything is dangerous and when things go wrong people get hurt and can die. At what point do we let the fear of dying get in the way of the thrill of living?
|
AJ
6/10/2010 11:07pm
WORCSRacer wrote:
I know its not "moto" however.... The press and general public are ripping the parents a new asshole over letting this girl attempt to circumnavigate the...
I know its not "moto" however....

The press and general public are ripping the parents a new asshole over letting this girl attempt to circumnavigate the world in a sailboat. Too young and too risky but is it? It has its parallels to moto, i.e. how many kids have died and been seriously injured riding?

Pushing the envelope in anything is dangerous and when things go wrong people get hurt and can die. At what point do we let the fear of dying get in the way of the thrill of living?

16 years old circumnavigating the globe solo , ,
in an area of the ocean and time of year , where seas know to often be upto 50 or 60 feet?????

The parents were critized BEFORE she left for the poor timing of the trip ,
(winter sees in that area)

an austrlian 16 year old girl just complished this,but it was a few months ago .. .
and the trip was scheduled to complete before the winter storm season.
but she holds the record ,and this US girl was hoping to break it by a few months of age?

a 14YO austtralian girl was recently denied permission by thier government?
stating she did not have the experience to attempt it .??

Their son at 17 last year completed this trip ,so the family does have a history in this anyway ,but having both kids attempt it within a year ,,wow. ?

these are going for world records ,and with extreme risks,

i see the comparison to moto ,, but just barely. Wink

The kid who just summited everest is a good example ,
, success rate is about 10 to 1?
for every ten that make a successful summit one dies ,typically on the decent . ? or at least that was the ratio that stood for years..
(maybe and hopefully its better now)

still to send you 13 yo or what ever up regardless of guides or their experience level seems way way out there.

if parents thought moto was a 20 to1 venture ,
or anything like sending your kid out to solo circumnavigate the globe in a sail boat ,, i just don think most would do it ,, no gubmnet intervention required????

J.F.S
6/10/2010 11:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2010 11:41pm
She´ll be found, it is just a publicity stunt orchestrated by her Manager. A lot of free press, and a lot of suckers who are gonna start calling her a hero and increased endorsements, manager, parents are gonna make a bigger buck.

The Shop

Scotty
6/11/2010 5:12pm
J.F.S wrote:
She´ll be found, it is just a publicity stunt orchestrated by her Manager. A lot of free press, and a lot of suckers who are gonna...
She´ll be found, it is just a publicity stunt orchestrated by her Manager. A lot of free press, and a lot of suckers who are gonna start calling her a hero and increased endorsements, manager, parents are gonna make a bigger buck.
Look who's the idiot now?
jmar
6/11/2010 5:17pm
Come on guy's.

Can't we all just be happy that this young girl was found alive?
It ain't no easy task out in the middle of the Indian Ocean all by your self.
J.F.S
6/12/2010 12:49am
J.F.S wrote:
She´ll be found, it is just a publicity stunt orchestrated by her Manager. A lot of free press, and a lot of suckers who are gonna...
Scotty wrote:
Look who's the idiot now?
Really, I havent instantly become a teen sailor fan, I havent started to to suddenly care and pray for some some sailing girl that I did not know anything about yesterday.
borg
6/12/2010 7:43am
I was on a sailboat for about 2 hours once. ONCE! (Visualize upward pointing index finger)
I thought I was going to go out of my fucking mind with boredom.
JPT
6/12/2010 3:06pm
I was hearing she's going to be rescued by a fishing boat. May be weeks until they get somewhere to let her off. 16 year old blonde cutie on a boat full of lonely sailors. No potential issues there.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
6/12/2010 8:18pm
jmar wrote:
Come on guy's. Can't we all just be happy that this young girl was found alive? It ain't no easy task out in the middle of...
Come on guy's.

Can't we all just be happy that this young girl was found alive?
It ain't no easy task out in the middle of the Indian Ocean all by your self.
I was happy, i bet she tries again.

Post a reply to: Teen Sailor lost at sea...

The Latest