Taylor Hawkins

vet323
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2022 3:29pm
I was working until after midnight last night and didn't see this. Sad to see someone so young is gone, really enjoyed his drumming and seemed like a good all around dude.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/25/entertainment/taylor-hawkins-foo-fighter…
|
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1568th
3/26/2022 1:17pm
So Sad! I was lucky to watch them in Mexico City... Taylor put on a great show singing "somebody to love" of Queen... RIP
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 12:53am
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins’ preliminary toxicology results were released Saturday, a day after the band announced the musician was found dead in his Bogotá, Colombia, hotel room.

The report showed he had at least 10 different psychoactive substances in his body including "THX (Marijuana), tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and opioids, among others," the Attorney General’s Office in Colombia said in the document shared on Twitter. 

3/27/2022 2:53am
Boomslang wrote:
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins’ preliminary toxicology results were released Saturday, a day after the band announced the musician was found dead in his Bogotá, Colombia, hotel room. The report showed he had at...
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins’ preliminary toxicology results were released Saturday, a day after the band announced the musician was found dead in his Bogotá, Colombia, hotel room.

The report showed he had at least 10 different psychoactive substances in his body including "THX (Marijuana), tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines, and opioids, among others," the Attorney General’s Office in Colombia said in the document shared on Twitter. 

That's really wild that they released it so soon. Usually it takes a month or longer if it's ordered by the actual coroner.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
3/27/2022 5:30am
Boomslang wrote:
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins’ preliminary toxicology results were released Saturday, a day after the band announced the musician was found dead in his Bogotá, Colombia, hotel room. The report showed he had at...

That's really wild that they released it so soon. Usually it takes a month or longer if it's ordered by the actual coroner.
Its on CNN, Fox, Bbc etc

The Shop

Motoxdoc
3/27/2022 6:55am
One of my friends was pretty tight with him, he dated Taylor’s babysitter when he was growing up in Laguna. When he was a little grom he used to say I’m gonna go to Hollywood and be a rockstar…and he did. One of the best in the business, it’s gonna be hard to fill his shoes! So fucking sad.
Motoxdoc
3/27/2022 10:46am
My buddy Steve, when he worked with Billabong, with his friends Taylor and Dave.

APLMAN99
3/27/2022 10:58am
Boomslang wrote:

Probably correct if it occurred in the US, but Colombia may be quite a bit different……

Sounds like could even be a case of mixing too many prescribed meds, Most of the drugs mentioned are prescription drugs, aren’t they? I’d imagine that a lot of performers use a lot of prescribed drugs to get going, get to sleep, then start the cycle all over again.
swordfish
3/27/2022 12:01pm
Boomslang wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
Probably correct if it occurred in the US, but Colombia may be quite a bit different…… Sounds like could even be a case of mixing too...
Probably correct if it occurred in the US, but Colombia may be quite a bit different……

Sounds like could even be a case of mixing too many prescribed meds, Most of the drugs mentioned are prescription drugs, aren’t they? I’d imagine that a lot of performers use a lot of prescribed drugs to get going, get to sleep, then start the cycle all over again.
Or maybe he just had a drug problem.
I mean the guy had many past struggles with drugs. Overdosed in 2001 and was in a coma for a week. Who knows what scripts he had.
7I3N
3/28/2022 7:00am
Boomslang wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
Probably correct if it occurred in the US, but Colombia may be quite a bit different…… Sounds like could even be a case of mixing too...

Right, because the science is so much more advanced in Columbia. Or maybe because the centrifuges spin the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.
APLMAN99
3/28/2022 7:07am
APLMAN99 wrote:

7I3N wrote:
Right, because the science is so much more advanced in Columbia. Or maybe because the centrifuges spin the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere.
No, because they may not have the same administrative rules in place that make it take longer to legally release a preliminary test like this…..

What was ‘released’ (or at least talked about) was preliminary. It definitely seems like those things take longer to release here, but probably not because the ‘science is different’. It’s likely because our litigious society has created many more miles of red tape so that there is a lower chance of getting sued for any errors released.
3/28/2022 7:20am
APLMAN99 wrote:
No, because they may not have the same administrative rules in place that make it take longer to legally release a preliminary test like this….. What...
No, because they may not have the same administrative rules in place that make it take longer to legally release a preliminary test like this…..

What was ‘released’ (or at least talked about) was preliminary. It definitely seems like those things take longer to release here, but probably not because the ‘science is different’. It’s likely because our litigious society has created many more miles of red tape so that there is a lower chance of getting sued for any errors released.
I bet they probably just ran it in that hospital that day that he was there. In the ER they need results in 20 minutes, at a primary care doctor's office they're needed in a week. For a coroner they don't have a deadline, they're dead.
APLMAN99
3/28/2022 11:10am
APLMAN99 wrote:
No, because they may not have the same administrative rules in place that make it take longer to legally release a preliminary test like this….. What...

I bet they probably just ran it in that hospital that day that he was there. In the ER they need results in 20 minutes, at...
I bet they probably just ran it in that hospital that day that he was there. In the ER they need results in 20 minutes, at a primary care doctor's office they're needed in a week. For a coroner they don't have a deadline, they're dead.
The reports that I've seen that mentioned it said that the preliminary results were taken from urine, so sounds like you are correct. They 'official' results would be from blood samples, wouldn't they? I'm sure that every country or jurisdiction does things their own way, but you'd think that would be the standard.

And even in this case, the prelim results were likely released due to his celebrity status more than any other reason, you'd think.
7I3N
3/28/2022 11:22am
APLMAN99 wrote:

7I3N wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

Bullshit. Preliminary reports are at best officially endorsed rumors and innuendoes. At worst they are an attempt to control the narrative. I had a family member die of a drug overdose a few years ago. There was no preliminary report, just the personal opinions of those involved. It took six weeks to get the results.
APLMAN99
3/28/2022 2:15pm
7I3N wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

7I3N wrote:
Bullshit. Preliminary reports are at best officially endorsed rumors and innuendoes. At worst they are an attempt to control the narrative. I had a family member...
Bullshit. Preliminary reports are at best officially endorsed rumors and innuendoes. At worst they are an attempt to control the narrative. I had a family member die of a drug overdose a few years ago. There was no preliminary report, just the personal opinions of those involved. It took six weeks to get the results.
No idea what you are calling bullshit on.

The reports did say that they tested his urine, and that they were continuing to investigate what lead to his death.

"Colombia’s Attorney General’s Office released a preliminary “forensic medical study” Saturday following the death of Foo Fighters’ drummer Taylor Hawkins.

The report said a urine toxicology test was carried out on Hawkins and 10 substances were found, including THC, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids.

It added, “The National Institute of Forensic Medicine continues the medical studies to achieve total clarification of the events that led to the death of Taylor Hawkins” and the attorney general’s office will continue to investigate his cause of death in a “timely manner.”"

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/03/27/preliminary-toxicology-report-fin…

I didn't know your family member but am sorry for your loss. My guess is that there wasn't a preliminary report release because there may not have even been one, or that your family member didn't have the thousands of reporters asking for the details as soon as they can get them.

Whether right or wrong, celebrity matters in this sort of thing.
MO 23
3/28/2022 2:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2022 3:09pm
So what is the conspiracy theory here 713?

I don’t know, I am not an expert on autopsies and toxicology reports, especially when combined with Colombian processes.
But it also wouldn’t surprise me if they expedite the process and skip some of the administrative/legal processes that would be considered normal in the US. Especially for a someone with the status of an international rock star, and the pressuring of media requests etc.

Just not sure what you think the end game is here? Do you think it’s a coverup for a murder or something?
7I3N
3/28/2022 7:25pm
MO 23 wrote:
So what is the conspiracy theory here 713? I don’t know, I am not an expert on autopsies and toxicology reports, especially when combined with Colombian...

I don’t know, I am not an expert on autopsies and toxicology reports, especially when combined with Colombian processes.
But it also wouldn’t surprise me if they expedite the process and skip some of the administrative/legal processes that would be considered normal in the US. Especially for a someone with the status of an international rock star, and the pressuring of media requests etc.

Just not sure what you think the end game is here? Do you think it’s a coverup for a murder or something?
THC, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids are all sedatives. He is said to have had a heart attack. OD on sedatives and you don't have a heart attack, you die of respiratory failure. Besides, Hawkins claimed to be clean in recent interviews.

But Dave Grohl does heavily endorse a different drug, a legal one. He likes it so much that for the last year he has demanded that everyone had to take it to go to one of their shows. Logic would have you think that band members also needed to take it. The most common severe adverse reaction to that drug is myocarditis which leads to heart inflammation and heart attack.
MO 23
3/28/2022 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2022 7:59pm
OK, thanks for clarifying 713

Personally, I am not surprised a rock star with a history of drug abuse had a heart attack whilst touring in Columbia. but understand you have a different opinion.
lappedrider
3/28/2022 7:53pm
MO 23 wrote:
So what is the conspiracy theory here 713? I don’t know, I am not an expert on autopsies and toxicology reports, especially when combined with Colombian...

7I3N wrote:
THC, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids are all sedatives. He is said to have had a heart attack. OD on sedatives and you don't have a...
THC, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids are all sedatives. He is said to have had a heart attack. OD on sedatives and you don't have a heart attack, you die of respiratory failure. Besides, Hawkins claimed to be clean in recent interviews.

But Dave Grohl does heavily endorse a different drug, a legal one. He likes it so much that for the last year he has demanded that everyone had to take it to go to one of their shows. Logic would have you think that band members also needed to take it. The most common severe adverse reaction to that drug is myocarditis which leads to heart inflammation and heart attack.
What is the drug Dave Grohl is endorsing? Asking out of ignorance.
akmx17
3/29/2022 3:10pm
I've been absolutely crushed by this Taylor was my drummer since i was 12.
I've grown up listening to him drum almost every day of my life.

ATKpilot99
3/29/2022 3:29pm
MO 23 wrote:

7I3N wrote:
THC, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids are all sedatives. He is said to have had a heart attack. OD on sedatives and you don't have a...

Just can't help yourself can you ?

Post a reply to: Taylor Hawkins

The Latest