Suspect in model's murder found dead in Canada

Spinner
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:40pm
LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Ryan Alexander Jenkins, a reality TV contestant who is suspected in his wife's slaying in California, was found dead in a hotel in British Columbia, Canadian authorities announced Sunday.

The nude body of Jenkins' wife, former swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore, was found last weekend in Orange County, California. CNN has not confirmed reports that the marriage was annulled.

Fiore's body was found Saturday in a Dumpster behind an apartment complex in Buena Park, just outside Anaheim, California. Her teeth had been extracted and fingers removed in what police said was an apparent attempt to conceal her identity.

Law enforcement sources told CNN Fiore was identified through the serial numbers on her breast implants.

Fiore lived in Los Angeles and was last seen alive Friday in San Diego, California, at a poker game with Jenkins.

U.S. Marshals Chief Inspector Thomas Hession told reporters last week that Jenkins was believed to be in Canada.

Jenkins matched the description of a man seen driving a boat Wednesday in Blaine Marina off northwest Washington, the Whatcom County Sheriff's Office said. Blaine, Washington, borders Canada.

Authorities searched the area and found Jenkins' black SUV with an empty boat trailer at the Blaine Marina, police said.

Jenkins reported Fiore missing Saturday night to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, authorities said.

According to court records in Las Vegas, Nevada, Jenkins was charged in June with battery for allegedly striking Fiore in the arm with his fist.

And in 2007, Jenkins pleaded guilty in Calgary, Alberta, Canada to assault in a separate case. He was sentenced to 15 months probation, ordered to undergo counseling for domestic violence and sex addiction and to stay away from the person involved, according to court records.

Jenkins, who appeared on the VH1 show "Megan Wants a Millionaire," is from Calgary.

51 Minds, which produced "Megan Wants a Millionaire," said Thursday in a written statement that it "was not aware of Ryan Jenkins' record when it cast him."

"The company did have in place what it thought was a thorough vetting process that involved complete background checks by an outside company for all contestants on its shows," it said. "Clearly, the process did not work properly in this case. 51 Minds is investigating what went wrong and taking steps to ensure that this sort of lapse never occurs again."
|
P
8/23/2009 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:44am
I saw that. Man, he was a dumbass.

P
BUTCH
8/23/2009 8:51pm
Man you would think the my local tv news would have more info. They just said he was found . Never said a word about him being dead! I live in Washington about 135 miles from the border.
CR250Rider
8/23/2009 9:25pm
good deal, saved us taxpayers a few buck by offing himself.

too bad it doesn't happen more often

The Shop

zjbell
8/23/2009 10:15pm
I wonder if he killed her....
jtomasik
8/24/2009 6:43am
P wrote:
I saw that. Man, he was a dumbass.

P
It was just horseplay.
Dean
8/24/2009 6:59am
flarider wrote:
He was a hustla

It's cool

lame
SEEMEFIRST
8/24/2009 7:43am
CR250Rider wrote:

But he got the order backwards.
8/24/2009 7:52am
CR250Rider wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Oh I doubt we lost much when she left us! I would have hit it but seriously her face was a little funny looking and i hate rerality tv so so long!
TJ 755
8/24/2009 8:42am
CR250Rider wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Oh I doubt we lost much when she left us! I would have hit it but seriously her face was a little funny looking and i...
Oh I doubt we lost much when she left us! I would have hit it but seriously her face was a little funny looking and i hate rerality tv so so long!
that speaks volumes as to your own arrogance and lack of human compassion. Nobody deserves to be killed and posthumously have their fingers and teeth removed and thrown in a dumpster. I don't care who ya are.
8/24/2009 8:46am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Oh I doubt we lost much when she left us! I would have hit it but seriously her face was a little funny looking and i...
TJ 755 wrote:
that speaks volumes as to your own arrogance and lack of human compassion. Nobody deserves to be killed and posthumously have their fingers and teeth removed...
that speaks volumes as to your own arrogance and lack of human compassion. Nobody deserves to be killed and posthumously have their fingers and teeth removed and thrown in a dumpster. I don't care who ya are.
Shew.... i am glad your not getting the wrong idea about me! I never said I had any human compassion and if you saw this ignorant twit on TV and you still think we have been robbed of greatness than I apologize for your lack of taste.

Post a reply to: Suspect in model's murder found dead in Canada

The Latest