Suboxone

level
Starting tomorrow nervous as shit. Been on oxy last 8 years and let my tolerance get out of hand the last three years and my dose is so high you wouldn’t even believe me if I told you.
It has its down sides but it has pretty much cured my ocd and anxiety disorder when dozens of anti depressants and benzos have failed to do over the last 20 years before that. Hoping the suboxone helps with that. Of course I have a very addictive nature and started just taking more and more once I got that nod feeling at night. Like I said before that just stayed same dose every day for years and just kept pushing it higher and higher and couldn’t drop it or taper so have to get on subs from now on and hoping it works for me.
Anyone have luck with it?
|
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
3/5/2018 8:29pm
No experience here. Just want to say "good luck" level.
newmann
3/5/2018 8:41pm
Just been 12 years since my neighbors son died from Oxy/Soma/Vicodin. It was all the rage back then and people were dropping like flies. I was getting tired of going to funerals and hearing of people I knew OD'ing.

Best of luck getting off of that shit.
murph783
3/7/2018 7:10am
Good luck to ya man. I’ve personally never had any experience with it, but I’ve known a few people who have used it and kicked heroin habits. Apparently the transfer from one to the other can be a bit rough, but once you’re on it, it helps quite a bit.
MR. X
3/7/2018 7:33am
I had a buddy who was taking 8 10s twice a day. He got clean with suboxone . Actually the guy who was selling to everyone started feeling guilty because he fucked so many people up that he started selling suboxone to people to get clean. From what I heard ,the first week sucks a fat dick.

The Shop

agn5009
3/7/2018 10:08am
Be very careful with Suboxone. Take only the prescribed dosage. I've heard that kicking a Suboxone addiction is about ten times worse than kicking heroin. With heroin you'll feel sick, shit your brains out, throw up etc but with Suboxone it literally feels like someone is breaking your bones.

Be safe man and good luck.
ocscottie
3/7/2018 11:16am
agn5009 wrote:
Be very careful with Suboxone. Take only the prescribed dosage. I've heard that kicking a Suboxone addiction is about ten times worse than kicking heroin. With...
Be very careful with Suboxone. Take only the prescribed dosage. I've heard that kicking a Suboxone addiction is about ten times worse than kicking heroin. With heroin you'll feel sick, shit your brains out, throw up etc but with Suboxone it literally feels like someone is breaking your bones.

Be safe man and good luck.
I have heard the same thing.

Level: good luck brother!! Keep telling yourself, "I CAN DO THIS!" and you can! Im pulling for ya bud.
MXD
3/7/2018 11:55am
I've battled anxiety and depression for most of my adult life. I was 26 when I had my first panic attack and it all fell apart from there. Initially it was so bad that I couldn't leave my house. I was put on the standard daily meds (nothing like what you are going through) and they worked. But in 2005, after 3 years of taking them, I finally got tired of them and decided to try a different approach. I weaned off of them and initially it felt like a mistake but I refused to give up. If my mind was idle or if life got a little too quiet, I would slip back into those dark places. I learned that diet and physical activity had a very positive effect on me. I didn't go on some crazy diet, I just started to avoid the shit stuff that made me lazy. I started to fill my time mountain biking or hiking with my dog, working out and even road biking. For me, there was something very peaceful about the combination of physical exertion and "getting lost". The increase in exertion and the small cuts to my diet also corrected my sleep habits which also had a big effect. I live in a shit climate so during the winter I struggle more because there's not much you can do in 2 feet of snow. But I just use that to remind me to take advantage of the good days. Don't get me wrong, I still have a script for xanax because I'm not perfect and I'm not "cured". But it's for 30 pills and I might fill it once every 8-12 months.

I guess my point is, sometimes a dollar is 20 nickels. There was no single magic solution for me. It was a bunch of small things that had a cumulative effect. Like I said, my issues aren't gone but they went from debilitating to mildly annoying once in a while.

Good luck and don't give up.
rpoint116
3/7/2018 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2018 1:40pm
I was at 45 mg every four hours after back surgery. My Dr gave me Clonidine .1 or .2. I dropped from 45 to 15 and 10 days. It took another month to be totally clean. The only thing is the Clonidine makes you very lethargic. Cut it in half if you have to.
Takes the craving away from the Oxy.

Good luck!
FolkLoar
3/7/2018 2:39pm
Used suboxone to come off of Oxys about 11 years ago when it first came around. Here’s what I’ve seen.. IF you have decided that you are actually done with the shit, then suboxone is a good tool to use. I’ve also seen people become even more addicted on suboxone because doctor put them on stronger dose to start than they were getting off the street. They do this at first to make sure there are no cravings. There are downsides to long term suboxone use also. Personality changes, etc., but this is more of a person to person thing and doesn’t affect everyone the same. I would just caution you to try your hardest to be off of it as soon as you can. I was doing way less than my doctor was telling me towards the end because I wanted to be done with it ALL. Don’t get me wrong, if you succeed it is definitely worth it. Seeing what I’ve seen, if I had it to do over I would try to use Kratom instead. Either way, you have to decide that you are DONE or you’re just spinning your wheels.
3/7/2018 2:53pm
Folkloaemr makes a good point, just make sure you have goals To be clean. Otherwise you might find yourself off one Drug to be on another...
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
3/7/2018 3:09pm
Talking from experience, do not use one drug to get off another. That sounds shit since you have plans for it but it has changed my life in a bad way and that should be enough said. Good luck brother!
ohiomotoxer
3/7/2018 3:54pm
I just found out that i have CYP-2D6 where i do not have the enzyme to digest opiates into pain medication.

Always wondered why before and after my lower back issues/operation opiates did zero for my pain.
Good luck anyway
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/8/2018 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2018 9:37pm
Dealing with a child that has been fighting opiate addiction for 14-15 years now. I know you may find this hard to believe but he was on a habit of 70-80 pills a day at his worst. We don’t know how he is still alive....shriveled up to nothing and was a non functioning drug addict as u can imagine. Remember the douchebag Blooshot crew n the pits awhile back? That was the peak of his worse days.

Anyway he used suboxone several times. His main reason was that it will lesson the severe withdrawals of weaning off the opiates. However, once he began his suboxone “treatment” it would shortly turn into a suboxone addiction and abuse just like his opiates. I would suggest from his experience and me as observing that u need to decide you want to clean up and eventually get off all the meds if at all possible. Like others have said you are just replacing one drug with another and although some may be able to be functioning adults on suboxone I don’t see it as a long term solution.

Our son has been in and out of jail for his drug use/abuse. His last arrest came the day after the SD SX that we attended together. I could tell that night he was getting close on his inevitable downward spiral. Got a call the next night that he was back in jail....this time his antics made
the news. Last we heard he is getting his first prison sentence, 2 years. Honestly those two years are a break for his family as we will not be worried daily that we will get “that call” that he has been found dead somewhere.

My hope for him and people like you is that you do your best to get into a very long term treatment plan. Our son has the opportunity with state help to go to a 9 month facility where they pretty much keep them away from the public and work on their addictions. He has done numerous 30 day programs and I must say at least in his case, and I believe 95% of all cases, they are totally worthless.

Anyway level best of luck to you. It is a serious issue and will take total devotion from yourself to kick it. But my suggestion is to not go the Suboxone route other than to ease through withdrawals.
Mr. G
3/9/2018 12:05am
The only way out is the way off. Have to get clean. Get clean and go from there. It will be hard but you will be clean. Nothing added. Just the struggles which everyone has in various degrees.
FolkLoar
3/9/2018 5:09am
After thinking about it I wanted to add to my post. To the OP. I don’t know or need to know how much you are using daily. I believe if you have a few pill a day habit that you could wean off on just Kratom alone, but you will likely have to start with a good bit. This is not an issue with Kratom as you can’t overdose and it’s cheap. ( Kratom is actually in the coffee family, but it bonds to opiate receptors) If you have been taking a decent amount of pills daily, you will probably be better off getting “clean” with suboxone. Once you are down to around 1 to .5mg daily, you should be able to stop without any physical withdrawals. However, the mental part will come and go for years. This is where I would recommend keeping some Kratom around. You will have those days where it creeps into your mind. Using a ground up leaf powder is much better than sticking another pill in your body, or even going back around those same types of people to get the drug. If you have someone that regularly contacts you and tells you they have stuff, cut that person out of your life if they can’t respect your choice to be clean. That last part is big. I’ve lost several friends and family to the shit. I’ve also seen people get clean and live great lives. I’m helping a 36 yr old coworker through a similar situation right now after a back injury left him using daily. You can do it, you just have to want it and be smart about the situations you put yourself in. Good luck man.
Uncle Tony
3/9/2018 6:54am
KennyT wrote:
Dealing with a child that has been fighting opiate addiction for 14-15 years now. I know you may find this hard to believe but he was...
Dealing with a child that has been fighting opiate addiction for 14-15 years now. I know you may find this hard to believe but he was on a habit of 70-80 pills a day at his worst. We don’t know how he is still alive....shriveled up to nothing and was a non functioning drug addict as u can imagine. Remember the douchebag Blooshot crew n the pits awhile back? That was the peak of his worse days.

Anyway he used suboxone several times. His main reason was that it will lesson the severe withdrawals of weaning off the opiates. However, once he began his suboxone “treatment” it would shortly turn into a suboxone addiction and abuse just like his opiates. I would suggest from his experience and me as observing that u need to decide you want to clean up and eventually get off all the meds if at all possible. Like others have said you are just replacing one drug with another and although some may be able to be functioning adults on suboxone I don’t see it as a long term solution.

Our son has been in and out of jail for his drug use/abuse. His last arrest came the day after the SD SX that we attended together. I could tell that night he was getting close on his inevitable downward spiral. Got a call the next night that he was back in jail....this time his antics made
the news. Last we heard he is getting his first prison sentence, 2 years. Honestly those two years are a break for his family as we will not be worried daily that we will get “that call” that he has been found dead somewhere.

My hope for him and people like you is that you do your best to get into a very long term treatment plan. Our son has the opportunity with state help to go to a 9 month facility where they pretty much keep them away from the public and work on their addictions. He has done numerous 30 day programs and I must say at least in his case, and I believe 95% of all cases, they are totally worthless.

Anyway level best of luck to you. It is a serious issue and will take total devotion from yourself to kick it. But my suggestion is to not go the Suboxone route other than to ease through withdrawals.
Best of luck to you man, sometimes prison actually works, good luck
3/9/2018 8:10am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2018 8:10am
Uncle tony...are you speaking from experience? Just curious. Not being an ass.
Uncle Tony
3/9/2018 8:58am Edited Date/Time 3/9/2018 9:00am
Yes, my wife's niece and a nephew both died of heroin overdose, both on suboxone at some point, her nephew's older brother was going down the same road, went to the big house for 3 years, best thing that ever happened to him, about 14 months since he's out and doing quite well thank god

Not saying prison is everybody's cure all but it does work for some people, we took care of him while he was inside, life at dannamora scared the shit out of him
3/10/2018 12:22pm
Have you tried Kratom?
This, this and this. More people should know about it. I've read so many reports of people cleaning themselves up off heroin and other drugs thanks to kratom. I've got quite a few strains myself, but I don't really need it or use it that often and tend to be sensible when it comes to addictive substances, I would just use a couple grams for a stimulant effect every now and again. There is apparantly withdrawal symptoms from heavy use, but from what I've read it is mild compared to something like heroin.
hillbilly
3/11/2018 9:53am
Wish I'd known level was going to do this.

It is not the way to go. Replacing a drug with another won't work IMO.

Lock yourself down and suffer thru. Takes a week to get over another week to get energy back. More maybe.

Imodium .lots of it. It has a drug in it similar to opiate and makes things much easier.

I know so many that just got worse on sub.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/11/2018 10:07am
hillbilly wrote:
Wish I'd known level was going to do this. It is not the way to go. Replacing a drug with another won't work IMO. Lock yourself...
Wish I'd known level was going to do this.

It is not the way to go. Replacing a drug with another won't work IMO.

Lock yourself down and suffer thru. Takes a week to get over another week to get energy back. More maybe.

Imodium .lots of it. It has a drug in it similar to opiate and makes things much easier.

I know so many that just got worse on sub.
I 100% agree that you do not replace one with the other. Our sons experience on Suboxone was not good....just as bad as the opiates he was trying to kick.

However we did lose a friend to opiate cold turkey withdrawals and he was in the hospital when that happened. I would not hesitate to suggest Level use the Suboxone to ease the withdrawals but then get off the Suboxone as soon as possible
omalley
3/11/2018 11:25am
I would reiterate the advice to ditch anyone in your life that you use/used with. In my work, a large number of people I come in contact with are addicts. Of those who finally committed to getting clean and we’re successful, too many relapsed mostly because their old “friends” pulled them back in.
Dealt with a family whose son had finally gotten clean (12 months or more) after going to rehab and starting a new life clear across the country. Unfortunately he couldn’t find work there so mom and Dad allowed him to move back “temporarily.”
He wasn’t back 24 hours before one of his buddies (still using) lured him back in.
I cannot emphasize enough-anyone you used with, bought from etc needs to be completely cut off.
level
3/12/2018 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 9:28pm
Didn’t work. Waited 26 hours from my last oxy dose and took an 8mg sub and went into precipitated withdrawal. Worst experience of my life so far. Got so sick. Emptied all my bowels and my stomach. Vomit pretty much non stop for hours. All the withdrawal symptoms times 100. I knew the risk of precipitated withdrawal but didn’t wait long enough. Kept taking more subs to try and stop it and didn’t work. Took a whopping 24mg in 6 hours. Was just so sick. Waited a day and was still withdrawing so just took an oxy now back to square one. Don’t know what my plans are. Hopefully I can taper down the oxy and get off that way slow and steady unless I can’t get them anymore then probably a medical detox instead. It was really bad and scary. Was hoping it would be s miracle drug to get me clean but couldn’t do it.
I was fine on oxy for a long time until I started abusing it so now just hopefully can drop my dose significantly and see what happens. I really hope I can.
I’m
Hoping I didn’t damage my body and brain doing the subs and suffering such bad withdrawals. Dropped 12 pounds in 10 hours. I hated the subs. I was on a very high dose of oxy so I need to be strong and get my dose down so i can taper slow or if go cold turkey won’t be as bad. Got myself in a mess that’s for sure. Just hope I’m ok from the rapid withdrawal the subs caused. Only been two days and feel little better but hope I didn’t do any damage to my body.
APLMAN99
3/12/2018 9:40pm
I don't have any advice, but I'm really hoping that you find a way to get off the cycle you are on. I know that if I allowed myself to take all of the Vicodin that my doctors try to give me, I'd be hooked in no time. Doesn't matter how "tough" you are, that shit just lures you in. Broke a tooth a few months back and the dentist gave me a script for something like 21 doses, 3 times a day for a week. I asked him to change it to six doses, 2 a day for 3 days. If I continued to hurt, I'd let him know. Ended up taking 4 total over 3 days and flushing the last 2. Even those 4 doses made me want to have a lifetime supply.

But I really, really enjoy a perfectly normal, relaxing shit. So I just keep flushing the extras.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/13/2018 9:43am
level wrote:
Didn’t work. Waited 26 hours from my last oxy dose and took an 8mg sub and went into precipitated withdrawal. Worst experience of my life so...
Didn’t work. Waited 26 hours from my last oxy dose and took an 8mg sub and went into precipitated withdrawal. Worst experience of my life so far. Got so sick. Emptied all my bowels and my stomach. Vomit pretty much non stop for hours. All the withdrawal symptoms times 100. I knew the risk of precipitated withdrawal but didn’t wait long enough. Kept taking more subs to try and stop it and didn’t work. Took a whopping 24mg in 6 hours. Was just so sick. Waited a day and was still withdrawing so just took an oxy now back to square one. Don’t know what my plans are. Hopefully I can taper down the oxy and get off that way slow and steady unless I can’t get them anymore then probably a medical detox instead. It was really bad and scary. Was hoping it would be s miracle drug to get me clean but couldn’t do it.
I was fine on oxy for a long time until I started abusing it so now just hopefully can drop my dose significantly and see what happens. I really hope I can.
I’m
Hoping I didn’t damage my body and brain doing the subs and suffering such bad withdrawals. Dropped 12 pounds in 10 hours. I hated the subs. I was on a very high dose of oxy so I need to be strong and get my dose down so i can taper slow or if go cold turkey won’t be as bad. Got myself in a mess that’s for sure. Just hope I’m ok from the rapid withdrawal the subs caused. Only been two days and feel little better but hope I didn’t do any damage to my body.
When my son went the Suboxone route it was after he was already in severe opiate withdrawals and once he took the sub the symptoms eased for him. However the Dr prescribed it as a “maintenance” drug and that turned into a entirely different addiction

Level if I can offer any advice based on what I’ve been through with our kid (who is now 39 and ready to be relocated to prison) it is to not try and beat this the easy way. Meaning a 30 day treatment facility that will not do much for you.

I know it’s not easy to do but u have to completely get rid of and never see contacts they have gotten u pills or partied with you. Even if they say they are ready to get clean and lets do it together I don’t see much success in that method. The only thing harder than treating 1 drug addict is treating 2.

If long term help is available go that route. I’m talking like a 6-9 month program. There is available in some areas as that is not financially feasible for most people.

As far as getting off of them you can try the taper method. If you go cold turkey just be careful and if at all possible have loved ones nearby to get you to the ER if necessary for fluid replacement. This isn’t going to be easy and the odds are against you but it’s up to you to prove you are strong enough to beat those odds and be one of those guys that kicked it and went on to lead a normal life.

Best of luck to you and please keep us posted on how you are doing
aedwards07
4/21/2018 5:24am
Level, reach out to Kevin at Sick Recovery. He’s a good guy and has seen and been through it all. Kevin@sickrecovery.com or use the contact form on his website. Knowing quite a few of his guys personally he does a good job and is very relatable. He’s not going to sugar coat it which i see quite a bit but will tell you the truth.

Post a reply to: Suboxone

The Latest