Sturgis

IanMac138
8/19/2020 6:49pm
IanMac138 wrote:
I guess so. But if 1,000 were infected coming into Sturgis, and 10,000 got infected while there...what happens when 11,000 people leave and spread across the...
I guess so. But if 1,000 were infected coming into Sturgis, and 10,000 got infected while there...what happens when 11,000 people leave and spread across the US to their hometowns? I guess I'm just looking at it through the lens of why we can't get back to normal, because we can't stop the spread. We're just prolonging the suffering. Meanwhile, I'm going to get back to figuring out how my wife and I are going to homeschool our 2 kids while we both work. Fun times.
KennyT wrote:
I look at as if there were 1,000 infected going into Sturgis they would have been in their hometowns spreading it just as quickly as they...
I look at as if there were 1,000 infected going into Sturgis they would have been in their hometowns spreading it just as quickly as they did at Sturgis.

Anyway, best of luck with the kids. My grandkids are doing online schooling this week
If 1,000 people were already infecting people in their own respective towns, but then travel hundreds or thousands of miles (stopping multiple times along the way in small, rural towns might I add) mingle with 460,000+ people that were not infected (best case scenario), and who are mingling shoulder to shoulder in packed bars and streets with no masks and zero f'cks i.e. drunk with zero inhibitions.....that's the problem. The infected go back home to continue the spread, and the newly infected go home and spread the virus to places where the virus might not be a problem. That's how this works. It's a virus looking for new hosts. That's why we continue to have 40-60K new cases a day.
reded
8/19/2020 8:33pm
Until there is not one person left on Earth with the virus, we’ll all still be at risk. So are we gonna keep this mask thing up forever in the hopes that the COVID boogeyman doesn’t get us? The numbers show that it’s no worse than anything else so go live your lives and quit worrying about what everyone else does.

Legit question regarding those of you who are hell bent on wearing masks 100% of the time. Do you disinfect everything that you and your family come in contact with on a daily basis, and I mean everything? Because if not, there is a chance that you’re spreading the virus through contact and not even realizing it, mask or no mask. If you’re that scared of the virus then things as simple as car keys, door knobs, garage door openers, car door handles and mailboxes have the potential to be life threatening at this point.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/19/2020 8:49pm
reded wrote:
Until there is not one person left on Earth with the virus, we’ll all still be at risk. So are we gonna keep this mask thing...
Until there is not one person left on Earth with the virus, we’ll all still be at risk. So are we gonna keep this mask thing up forever in the hopes that the COVID boogeyman doesn’t get us? The numbers show that it’s no worse than anything else so go live your lives and quit worrying about what everyone else does.

Legit question regarding those of you who are hell bent on wearing masks 100% of the time. Do you disinfect everything that you and your family come in contact with on a daily basis, and I mean everything? Because if not, there is a chance that you’re spreading the virus through contact and not even realizing it, mask or no mask. If you’re that scared of the virus then things as simple as car keys, door knobs, garage door openers, car door handles and mailboxes have the potential to be life threatening at this point.
I get your point, but the argument that if you're not going to do everything you may aswell do nothing doesnt really work in my mind. Its like saying i cant afford the brand new 6D helmet so i'm not going to wear anything. The whole idea is risk mitigation not elimination and doing what is reasonably practicable.

Is it ideal to sanitise your keys, every door handle, never touch your face or anything at the shopping centres? Yes technically. Is it realistic? Ofcourse not. I see wearing a mask and socially distancing for the majority of people as being reasonably practicable until we have a better solution that doesnt involve throwing the gates open for millions of people around the globe to just die.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
8/19/2020 9:09pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2020 9:16pm
KennyT wrote:
I look at as if there were 1,000 infected going into Sturgis they would have been in their hometowns spreading it just as quickly as they...
I look at as if there were 1,000 infected going into Sturgis they would have been in their hometowns spreading it just as quickly as they did at Sturgis.

Anyway, best of luck with the kids. My grandkids are doing online schooling this week
haydos25 wrote:
True they would have been spreading it in their hometowns.....but in their home towns are they standing shoulder to shoulder and interacting with 400,000 other people...
True they would have been spreading it in their hometowns.....but in their home towns are they standing shoulder to shoulder and interacting with 400,000 other people in bars and concerts etc. Then those 400,000 people return to their hometowns and spread it there where it otherwise wouldn't have been

It's kinda like the difference between me having it and giving it to my immediate family in my house that i quarantine in, or giving it to 300 people at a wedding or function if i don't quarantine.

I'm not saying thats going to end up being the case, but thats the theory behind these super spreader environments.
Well I know if I went to Sturgis I would not be Standing next to 400,000 people. I would be next to a few friends that I traveled with. This is why you may not see any surge in positive cases from Sturgis or Lorettas.

I liken it to a beach. There may be a packed beach with 40,000 people but if you are hanging with your family and not in the faces of the rest of the crowd hopefully you will come home safe.

Lets hope there is no case surge. Looks to me like it’s the college kids who are misbehaving now after watching a little news tonight

Stay safe everyone 👍

The Shop

haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/19/2020 9:14pm
KennyT wrote:
Well I know if I went to Sturgis I would not be Standing next to 400,000 people. I would be next to a few friends that...
Well I know if I went to Sturgis I would not be Standing next to 400,000 people. I would be next to a few friends that I traveled with. This is why you may not see any surge in positive cases from Sturgis or Lorettas.

I liken it to a beach. There may be a packed beach with 40,000 people but if you are hanging with your family and not in the faces of the rest of the crowd hopefully you will come home safe.

Lets hope there is no case surge. Looks to me like it’s the college kids who are misbehaving now after watching a little news tonight

Stay safe everyone 👍
I hope you're right. But if you're going to spend your entire time at sturgis standing next to a few close friends that you traveled with, why go at all? Just do it at home? Seems to me the appeal is the atmosphere and environment created by the throngs of like minded people that are there. If you don't partake then what's the point?

I'm not making any judgement on the people that attended either way, i just know that its a textbook set up for a super spreader environment. If it doesn't come about that way then great but its probably more by god luck rather than good management.
71Fish
8/19/2020 9:29pm
By the beginning of the next calendar year you'll only remember Corona as shitty Mexican cerveza. Just hang tight.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
8/19/2020 9:40pm
71Fish wrote:
By the beginning of the next calendar year you'll only remember Corona as shitty Mexican cerveza. Just hang tight.
I'm doubtful that the 20,000 of my coworkers that are stood down currently with no end in sight will forget, what about the 6,000 of them who have been made redundant, will they forget? How about the shareholders, will they forget the 2.7 billion dollar loss that the company announced today. ($700 million dollar profit at the half year means a $3.2 billion dollar loss in 6 months if my math checks out) Thats just one company in one country. The numbers globaly are downright scary

I'm also doubtful that the families of the near on 800,000 people that have died will forget it.

I know that a lot of people want to think this will go away at the US election, and maybe thats all thats getting people through, but i just cant understand how that can happen. Even if it does that doesn't make any of this less of a big deal to the people it has run over in the meantime.
KMC440
8/19/2020 9:56pm
The virus can die any day now like this thread.
IanMac138
8/19/2020 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2020 10:05pm
KennyT wrote:

haydos25 wrote:
True they would have been spreading it in their hometowns.....but in their home towns are they standing shoulder to shoulder and interacting with 400,000 other people...
True they would have been spreading it in their hometowns.....but in their home towns are they standing shoulder to shoulder and interacting with 400,000 other people in bars and concerts etc. Then those 400,000 people return to their hometowns and spread it there where it otherwise wouldn't have been

It's kinda like the difference between me having it and giving it to my immediate family in my house that i quarantine in, or giving it to 300 people at a wedding or function if i don't quarantine.

I'm not saying thats going to end up being the case, but thats the theory behind these super spreader environments.
KennyT wrote:
Well I know if I went to Sturgis I would not be Standing next to 400,000 people. I would be next to a few friends that...

Stay safe everyone 👍
If you went to Sturgis with a few friends I guess you'd probably have to rent an entire bar out for just a few of you and if you were out on the street you would chalk off your own 10' square to call your own? That's not how that festival works. In fact, you'd probably be ridiculed at best, spat on, or punched at worst.

If we know by now, that the virus spreads through close contact via aerosols and microscopic droplets...how the hell are we ever going to get a handle on this if people can't chill out, understand that this isn't about 'freedom', or a 'violation of our rights' yada yada yada. 170,000+ dead in 5 months. Many 'survivors' have lasting damage, some of them on this very forum...yet we can't collectively as a country, realize we are in a war with an invisible enemy. We as Americans, should actually give a crap about each other. We're all citizens under the same flag. If we saw someone hurt on the moto track, I'm sure we'd all drop our bike to help them out so that they didn't get landed on, or make sure they were ok. Why can't we do that in our normal lives, day to day? Because we can't see a virus, we can make believe it's not real, or not that bad of a danger? It just blows my mind.

Thank God when WWII broke out Americans didn't put on tin foil hats after Pearl Harbor, or start resisting against regulations like the war production act, food rationing, or material and non-essentials goods needed to be given to the government for the war effort...petty little things that were taken for granted in the U.S. prior to the war. We would of never won. We would of just been fighting ourselves, instead of the real enemies. The greatest generation collectively cared about each other, fought for each other, helped each other. Now? Pfff.

Meanwhile...in Sturgis last week...

race
8/19/2020 11:03pm
What about that buffalo that tango'd with the brainless biker chick? The way she was draped all over him he had to have caught it. He could easily go on and spread it to the entire herd. Poor guy is probably still trying to get her jeans off of his horn!

kongols
8/19/2020 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2020 11:13pm
8/21/2020 8:53pm
My youngest boy is there for the first time. I told him not to o.d. on ass. . He never listens...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/08/08/442781/s1200_IMG_1781.jpg[/img]
My youngest boy is there for the first time.
I told him not to o.d. on ass. .

He never listens...
Haha, kinda looks like the chic in sDakota bar at a truck stop last yr in S Dakota. Never heard a chic or anyone talk so dirty, funny as hell. She was in major heat.
clay424
8/22/2020 11:00am
Thats actually a awesome story. Not sure how it relates to all the covid crying. My CNN coment was really meant for anyone who gets their news from CNN. Not just you. Actually i think anyone that believes the MSM has problems worse than covid.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
8/22/2020 5:26pm
Ted722 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/08/21/444997/s1200_Screenshot_2020_08_21_at_6.33.19_PM.jpg[/img]

So now I'm supposed to lick my hands for hours on end? This COVID thing is really confusing.
just James
8/26/2020 12:38pm
I can't believe how utterly selfish those attendees were. Do none of them ever watch national news coverage? If they had, they would have known that the whole event could have been basically inoculated against the spread of the virus by simply looting and burning a few businesses. As sort of a "booster shot" they could have lobbed a few urine filled balloons at the police. Zero chance of the virus spreading, with just a couple of simple steps.
just James
8/26/2020 5:06pm
Looks like we have at least 3 CNN viewers on here judging by the down votes on my post above.
agn5009
8/26/2020 7:58pm
tcannon521 wrote:
No matter where you stand on the COVID situation, we should all realize this event is going to hurt an already struggling key segment of our...
No matter where you stand on the COVID situation, we should all realize this event is going to hurt an already struggling key segment of our industry. It will be in the spotlight for national/world news till it ends Sunday. Hopefully it doesn’t continue another 2 to 4 weeks due to a massive outbreak.

84 arrests, 226 citations and 18 crashes reported in 24 hours at massive motorcycle rally in South Dakota
KennyT wrote:
How is it going to hurt a “key segment” of the motorcycle industry? The last place I would ever want to go is somewhere the attracts...
How is it going to hurt a “key segment” of the motorcycle industry? The last place I would ever want to go is somewhere the attracts 250-500,000 people but I have no problem with those that want to attend. It’s become pretty obvious that this virus explodes with or without mask. The arrest numbers are extremely low for that amount of partygoers. nice to hear it is drug/alcohol related arrest and not violence/robbery/theft. Amazing there are no fatalities with that many bikes riding around the streets/ Sounds to me like they are behaving pretty well up there and the town welcomed them with open arms 👍
seth505 wrote:
I see it as pretty stupid yet predictable. The ol, "ain't no virus gonna keep bikers down!"

For what, SMASHMOUTH?
If you don't think All Star was a catchy tune you're a damn liar Laughing
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
9/10/2020 8:40am
Did I read that right? 250000 cases from it and it will cost 12 billion for the health care?
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
9/10/2020 11:26am
jjavaman wrote:
Did I read that right? 250000 cases from it and it will cost 12 billion for the health care?
This is completely false..there is nothing factual about that study..
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/10/2020 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2020 12:14pm
jjavaman wrote:
If my maths are correct that would be $48,000 per case on average. To treat a virus. I wouldn't put too much credence in that study.
just James
9/10/2020 12:28pm
And not a peep about the spread of the 'rona from all of the "peaceful protests", nor the cost thereof.
Nothing to see there folks. Move along now.
9/10/2020 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/10/2020 12:37pm
Patiently waiting for sturgis statisticians directly comparing protests and sturgis showing grossly different graphs. And the economic impact to healthcare that bikers put on the system.

Throw in Loretta’s and the Baja brawl too. Why not ? Include all the riders that passed as well, let’s get a gofundme going.
71Fish
9/10/2020 12:56pm
jjavaman wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
If my maths are correct that would be $48,000 per case on average. To treat a virus. I wouldn't put too much credence in that study.
Haha, you said "study".
IanMac138
8/12/2021 9:06pm
71Fish wrote:
This hasn't aged well...
8/13/2021 1:54am
I just reposted this to get pics of chics in Sturgis but I guess Americans are too entrenched in their political battles.
reded301
8/14/2021 5:15am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2021 5:16am
I just reposted this to get pics of chics in Sturgis but I guess Americans are too entrenched in their political battles.
Can’t even have a nice biker trash T&A thread without some asshole turning it into an argument.

Post a reply to: Sturgis

The Latest