Stump Falcon

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2021 8:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2021 8:58 AM

OK, this will be funny, since I'm such a damn know-it-all. Let's see if you guys can stump me with a question. Here are the rules:

1) You can ask me any question, but let's keep it within the bounds of this forum. In other words, no politics or religion. Anything else is fair game: Science, English, Women, Geography, Motocross, History, Music, etc.

2) I promise not to look up the answer in any way; I'll only answer to the best of my abilities using my own knowledge. I am free to guess.

3) You must know the answer yourself and must either congratulate me for getting it right or correct me if I'm wrong. (EDIT: There must be a factual answer, not an opinion.)

4) If I cannot get the answer correct (within reason,) you can say you stumped Falcon! (Maybe we should make up a badge you can add to your signature or something! Haha.)

Alright, let's hear some questions!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 9:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2021 9:15 AM

how many total miles are there of interstate hwy in the U.S.?

|

11/19/2021 9:19 AM

What's the smallest country in the world?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/19/2021 9:23 AM

George Costanza wrote:

Oh, that's a great one. I may have actually heard this before, and I think it is on the order of "circles the globe." So,..... 28,000 miles?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 9:23 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Is it Leichtenstein?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 9:37 AM

George Costanza wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Oh, that's a great one. I may have actually heard this before, and I think it is on the order of "circles the globe." So,..... ...more

46,876 miles

|

11/19/2021 9:38 AM

Falcon wrote:

Is it Leichtenstein?

It's an odd one. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world.

I looked up Lichtenstein and you were close. Some websites have it listed as the 4th smallest country and other's have it at 6th.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/19/2021 9:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2021 9:51 AM

(Not political) Who was the President that was first to install flush toilets in the White House?

Bonus question - What year was it?

|

11/19/2021 9:55 AM

George Costanza wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Oh, that's a great one. I may have actually heard this before, and I think it is on the order of "circles the globe." So,..... ...more

George Costanza wrote:

46,876 miles

Oh man, not even close. You stumped Falcon! wink

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 9:56 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Is it Leichtenstein?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

It's an odd one. Vatican City is the smallest country in the world.

I looked up Lichtenstein and you were close. Some ...more

I remembered Vatican City right after I posted. D'oh!

You stumped Falcon!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 9:59 AM

AHRMA361 wrote:

(Not political) Who was the President that was first to install flush toilets in the White House?

Bonus question - What year ...more

I think I remember this one, and it was far later than I would have guessed. I can't quite recall, though. My memory for the chronological order of presidents is lacking, too.

Let's see... Woodrow Wilson?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 10:06 AM

AHRMA361 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

I think I remember this one, and it was far later than I would have guessed. I can't quite recall, though. My memory for the ...more

The toilets were installed before Woodrow Wilson was even born.

The 13th President, Millard Fillmore, had the toilets installed in 1853.

Wilson was born in 1856.

|

11/19/2021 10:25 AM

What was one of the most UNIQUE attempts in suspension ideas that was a one-off design during the Golden Years of Motocross ideas in the 70's.

And no it wasn't the Hardley attempt at rear forks on the back. grin

|

11/19/2021 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2021 10:37 AM

G-man wrote:

What was one of the most UNIQUE attempts in suspension ideas that was a one-off design during the Golden Years of Motocross ...more

OOH OOH! I know! You can't stump me Gary! laughing

Hint - His first name was Joe

Wait, maybe you are talking about Valentino

|

11/19/2021 10:44 AM

Two Americans in a sports bar. One is the father of the other one's son. What is their relationship?

|

11/19/2021 10:45 AM

At what air/fuel ratio does a rich-burn 4 engine basically operate at? I’ll give you a hint- the answer does not contain numbers..

|

11/19/2021 10:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2021 11:16 AM

Elliot wrote:

Two Americans in a sports bar. One is the father of the other one's son. What is their relationship?

Now that Falcon answered, here’s my answer.

Their relationship is sexual. Likely spouses, but maybe not, either way they both created a child. Post never said it was two men in a bar.

|

11/19/2021 10:46 AM

G-man wrote:

What was one of the most UNIQUE attempts in suspension ideas that was a one-off design during the Golden Years of Motocross ...more

AHRMA361 wrote:

OOH OOH! I know! You can't stump me Gary! laughing

Hint - His first name was Joe

Wait, maybe you are talking about Valentino

Nope!

w00t

|

11/19/2021 10:48 AM

AHRMA361 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

I think I remember this one, and it was far later than I would have guessed. I can't quite recall, though. My memory for the ...more

AHRMA361 wrote:

The toilets were installed before Woodrow Wilson was even born.

The 13th President, Millard Fillmore, had the toilets ...more

You stumped Falcon!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 10:51 AM

G-man wrote:

The one suspension idea I am most familiar with is the Ribi Quadrilateral fork. It was a floating shock absorber mounted to scissor-style arms on the front, instead of conventional tube-type fork legs. MXA loved the action, but it was heavy and ugly. This system was mounted to a factory Honda test mule, but it may have been in 1980 or '81, I'm not sure. Is this the one you are talking about?

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 10:58 AM

You walk into a room that is 68 degrees F and grab an open chair. The top is plastic and the legs are aluminum. You grab it by the plastic top and your hands feel no difference. then you scoot the chair forward by grabbing the metal legs and your hands feel freezing. Why is that?

The chair wasn't in a freezer or anything, it's "room temperature" like everything else in the room when you entire.

|

11/19/2021 10:59 AM

Elliot wrote:

One was previously married to the other's current wife.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 11:00 AM

Brad460 wrote:

At what air/fuel ratio does a rich-burn 4 engine basically operate at? I’ll give you a hint- the answer does not contain ...more

Interesting....
No numbers? Then I'll say "richer than optimal." grin grin grin

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 11:05 AM

seth505 wrote:

You walk into a room that is 68 degrees F and grab an open chair. The top is plastic and the legs are aluminum. You grab it by ...more

The difference is in the thermal conductivity of the materials. Both materials are the same temperature, but aluminum is more conductive to heat than plastic, and thus absorbs your hand's body heat much more quickly. This results in a colder sensation than when you grip the plastic.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 11:06 AM

BTW, this isn't going as well for me as I thought it might. w00t Bravo, guys!! laughing laughing laughing

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/19/2021 11:13 AM

Brad460 wrote:

At what air/fuel ratio does a rich-burn 4 engine basically operate at? I’ll give you a hint- the answer does not contain ...more

Falcon wrote:

Interesting....

Are you looking for stoichiometric ideal ratio Brad?

|

11/19/2021 11:13 AM

Nope
That wasn't "One-Off" as there were a few
different sets that were tried over the years.

When can I expect the CHECK in the Mail? laughing

ICE ICE 🧊 BABY!!!! w00t

Photo

https://dirtbikemagazine.com/amp/the-weekly-feed-jim-west-bitd-wild-super-enduro-pics-and-vids/

|

11/19/2021 11:35 AM

G-man wrote:

Nope
That wasn't "One-Off" as there were a few
different sets that were tried over the years.

When can I expect the CHECK in ...more

Hmmm, dry ice. Neat concept!

You stumped Falcon. There are no checks, just recognition. tongue laughing

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/19/2021 12:37 PM

Brad460 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

Interesting....

early wrote:

Are you looking for stoichiometric ideal ratio Brad?

Yes sir!

|

11/19/2021 2:27 PM

How many documented Penton steel tankers were made and imported to the US between 1968 and 1971? Hint - its less than 20,000. Easy question to improve your ego/ratio.

|