Straight Outta Compton

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2015 8:16 PM

If you haven't seen it you should. It's an excellent movie.

P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

8/27/2015 8:22 PM

Funny! I actually saw it on the torrents last night and almost downloaded it but I think there was only a cam version which is why I didn't (yet). Wonder if Lenny is in it? smile

|

8/28/2015 4:40 AM

Really worth seeing in a theatre.

First time I have said that in 10 years.

|

8/28/2015 9:04 AM

i've been trying to stay away from it because the trailers make it look like Hip-Hop meets the Disney channel... but that's probably just my take on the trailers.

i've heard a LOT of praise for it though and being a big fan of Dre and Cube i'll have to check it out soon

|

8/28/2015 10:09 AM

I thought it was good but not great. Worth seeing, and they rep the Raiders even more than I do.

|

8/28/2015 10:17 AM

Don't think I have been to a movie since Titanic.

|

8/28/2015 10:34 AM

I was introduced to NWA somewhere around 1989. Always hated rap music until my roommate put in a cassette of Easy Earlin' in the parkin' lot.

if you own the dick, why you drop to your knees.

|

8/28/2015 10:37 AM

newmann wrote:

The movie or since it sank ? laughing

|

8/28/2015 11:17 AM

Heard from a few people that it seemed long and drawn out..and would be better on DVD. I was bummed, because I was looking forward to it.

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

8/28/2015 11:40 AM

The first rap album I ever heard and my friends and I played it a million times. I loved the movie. I thought it was well done.

|

I have the right to remain awesome.

8/28/2015 12:15 PM

newmann wrote:

MR. X wrote:

The movie or since it sank ? laughing

Either.laughing

|

8/28/2015 1:21 PM

Not gonna see it, gotta stay true to my east coast roots, besides BIGGIE is probably turning over in his grave, we miss you BIG PAPPA!!!!

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

8/28/2015 1:26 PM

Only rap songs I ever new all the words to. Actually I couldn't name a single rap song these days.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

8/28/2015 3:45 PM

I have no way to prove it, but I'm sure me and my best friend growing up were the only white kid in Minneapolis listening to NWA in the 80s. We thought Ice T and Kool Mo Dee were something crazy until we heard NWA.

|

No Signature.

8/28/2015 5:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2015 5:24 PM

Enjoyed it. Heard based on the box office we should expect more rap movies. Nah man, they did it first. Don't copycat!

Good movie.

|

8/28/2015 6:51 PM

SF45 wrote:

Enjoyed it. Heard based on the box office we should expect more rap movies. Nah man, they did it first. Don't copycat!

Good movie.

I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to it. 8 mile and Notorious came first and they were both decent.
Hustle and Flow is fictional but it was a great movie also.

That said, I'm a rocker, dude through and through.

|

8/28/2015 8:47 PM

Will they be playing any Lynyrd Skynyrd in the movie?

|

8/28/2015 10:21 PM

If you really don't care for rap or hip hop music will you still like the movie? Is there a good story behind it?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/29/2015 3:08 AM

XXVoid MainXX wrote:

Will they be playing any Lynyrd Skynyrd in the movie?

FREE BIRD!!!

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

8/29/2015 7:34 PM

Reese95w wrote:

If you really don't care for rap or hip hop music will you still like the movie? Is there a good story behind it?

Yes it is worth watching. I can't stand rap music but still enjoyed this!

|

8/30/2015 7:35 AM

SF45 wrote:

Good movie.

Lol ... You're telling Hollywood not to copycat ? Good luck with that one ...

|

8/31/2015 6:25 AM

Excellent movie, my kids didn't really know any of the back story. I play some NWA on the boat every now and again. So we went to see it, really good and I noticed my kids have downloaded some songs to their phones lol. Back in the day that was as close as U.S. Suburban white kids were gonna get to gangsta.

|

You're trying to use logic in your post and 4stroke doesn't appreciate logic! (FACT)

8/31/2015 6:40 AM

huck wrote:

Heard from a few people that it seemed long and drawn out..and would be better on DVD. I was bummed, because I was looking forward to it.

Lol!! Better on DVD!! Somebody lied to you. It's not just a movie, it's a motion picture. It's far and above the Biggie movie or 8 Mile or Get Rich or Die Trying (not to diss those movies because they were good). The acting is exceptional, the cinematography is A+ and the authenticity in the sets is second to none. From the clips it looked like it might be a movie of the week kind of movie, but I was COMPLETELY wrong. As some have stated above it's the kind of motion picture that even people that aren't into Hip Hop will like.

Uncle Tony, I'm an East Coast/South kind of guy when it comes to Hip Hop and I believe that even Biggie would have given this movie props.

P

|

8/31/2015 6:42 AM

huck wrote:

P wrote:

Lol!! Better on DVD!! Somebody lied to you. It's not just a movie, it's a motion picture. It's far and above the Biggie movie or 8 Mile or Get Rich or Die Trying (not to diss those movies because they were good). The acting is exceptional, the cinematography is A+ and the authenticity in the sets is second to none. From the clips it looked like it might be a movie of the week kind of movie, but I was COMPLETELY wrong. As some have stated above it's the kind of motion picture that even people that aren't into Hip Hop will like.

Uncle Tony, I'm an East Coast/South kind of guy when it comes to Hip Hop and I believe that even Biggie would have given this movie props.

P

I'll have to check it out. I can't stand Biggie and wouldn't waste $0.01 on anything that was about him...but I liked 8 mile and Get Rich....

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

8/31/2015 6:56 AM

huck wrote:

P wrote:

P

huck wrote:

I'll have to check it out. I can't stand Biggie and wouldn't waste $0.01 on anything that was about him...but I liked 8 mile and Get Rich....

You won't regret it.

P

|

8/31/2015 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2015 7:07 AM

I was only joking P, all that stuff was before my time, although I was a fan of big daddy Kane, and KRSONE lived in my building, and got to speak to him often, very nice guy, never got pissed at me when I called him chuck D

|

Now that's Italian

8/31/2015 7:25 AM

KRSONE!! Legend in Hip-Hop!! :-) BTW, Big Daddy Kane lives in NC now! ;-)

P

|

8/31/2015 7:32 AM

Yeah he's cool guy, we lived at Christopher and Greenwich st in the west village, I was to break his chops a lot and call him chuck D, he just used to laugh at me, he musta thought I was a crazy white guy!! What's big daddy doing in N.C.? Don't tell me he's like a preacher or something?

|

Now that's Italian

8/31/2015 7:39 AM

Uncle Tony wrote:

Yeah he's cool guy, we lived at Christopher and Greenwich st in the west village, I was to break his chops a lot and call him chuck D, he just used to laugh at me, he musta thought I was a crazy white guy!! What's big daddy doing in N.C.? Don't tell me he's like a preacher or something?

Ha ha!!

He lives in Durham and still performs. NC is just a nice place to live!! :-) Biggie used to run in Durham too before he was rapping. He actually stayed with my home girl for a couple of weeks one time. They just used to call him Big Chris back then. She didn't even know that he could rap. LL lived in Charlotte for quite a few years and Fat Joe used to hang out in my home town sometimes. He had peoples in the area. A girl that I went to college with knew him from NYC and he would kick it with her sometimes too.

P

|

8/31/2015 7:42 AM

Uncle Tony wrote:

P wrote:

Ha ha!!

He lives in Durham and still performs. NC is just a nice place to live!! :-) Biggie used to run in Durham too before he was rapping. He actually stayed with my home girl for a couple of weeks one time. They just used to call him Big Chris back then. She didn't even know that he could rap. LL lived in Charlotte for quite a few years and Fat Joe used to hang out in my home town sometimes. He had peoples in the area. A girl that I went to college with knew him from NYC and he would kick it with her sometimes too.

P

And oh, Jay-Z has NC ties too. He was in a group called Original Flava back in the day and one of the guys in the group was from Greensboro. When Rock-a-fella records started that took that guy with them and he produced some songs on Jay-Z's first two or three albums. I remember him having a concert when I was in college and I was like "who the fuck wants to see Jay-Z"!! Lol!!

P

|