Stanley Cup Final

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
Anyone else here a little choked that game 6 ended up being decided by referees? I mean, one goal that should have counted gets called off, then one that "could" have been called goaltender interference counts at the other end.

I didn't have a dog in the fight, would've liked to see the Preds win but the Pens did play better. Just frustrated we didn't get to see an OT/Game 7 because of poor reffing(referring to the first goal, the Pens goal could go either way)
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/13/2017 12:19pm
I stopped paying attention once the Sens were eliminated. After that I was just hoping the Predators would get it done.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
6/13/2017 2:11pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I stopped paying attention once the Sens were eliminated. After that I was just hoping the Predators would get it done.
The Sens had a great year, Karlsson was unbelievable down the stretch especially considering his foot was broken.

I'm pretty pumped on the future as a Leafs fan, the kids did way better than anyone expected, now to land one or 2 top 4 dmen...
6/13/2017 5:16pm
yeah that was a BS call, I was rootin for the preds. . I figured the pens would win another cup though. I was hoping to see someone level the shit out of Crosby after putting subans head in the ice.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
6/14/2017 2:40pm
yeah that was a BS call, I was rootin for the preds. . I figured the pens would win another cup though. I was hoping to...
yeah that was a BS call, I was rootin for the preds. . I figured the pens would win another cup though. I was hoping to see someone level the shit out of Crosby after putting subans head in the ice.
Agreed

The Shop

Mx746
6/14/2017 6:09pm
Go and read the NHL's official decision in this. I posted it below. The goal was disallowed because of the rule being followed. If Forsberg's shot would have gone in immediately the goal would have counted but the subsequent shot, by rule, is cancelled out. See below

According to the NHL, the only way this play would have been a “continuous” play is if Forsberg’s initial shot had gone in the net while Pollock was in the process of blowing the whistle.

But because it did not, once Sissons played the puck it was no longer a “continuous” play and Pollock’s whistle cancelled everything out.

The game remained scoreless until there was only 1:35 remaining in regulation when Penguins forward Patric Hornqvist banked a shot in off of Pekka Rinne from below the goal line. One minute later Carl Hagelin added an empty net goal.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
6/16/2017 8:44am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2017 8:46am
Mx746 wrote:
Go and read the NHL's official decision in this. I posted it below. The goal was disallowed because of the rule being followed. If Forsberg's shot...
Go and read the NHL's official decision in this. I posted it below. The goal was disallowed because of the rule being followed. If Forsberg's shot would have gone in immediately the goal would have counted but the subsequent shot, by rule, is cancelled out. See below

According to the NHL, the only way this play would have been a “continuous” play is if Forsberg’s initial shot had gone in the net while Pollock was in the process of blowing the whistle.

But because it did not, once Sissons played the puck it was no longer a “continuous” play and Pollock’s whistle cancelled everything out.

The game remained scoreless until there was only 1:35 remaining in regulation when Penguins forward Patric Hornqvist banked a shot in off of Pekka Rinne from below the goal line. One minute later Carl Hagelin added an empty net goal.
The issue I have was that the whistle should not have been blown while the puck was loose, a combination of bad positioning and assuming Murray had the puck. The rule is clear, but the whistle should not have blown.

The definition of goaltender interference seems completely subjective, I think in this case the right call was made but any time there is contact with the goalie its a toss up. On the no-goal, Daley pushed Forsberg into Murray, historically there is no interference in that situation.

In a perfect world its a 1-1 game heading into OT and a possible game 7
Mx746
6/16/2017 11:03am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2017 11:29am
From Pollocks vantage point I think he made the call he had to make. I would certainly be frustrated as a Pens fan if a live play was blown dead, but it begs the question of when should a ref make the call, if he loses sight, or believes goaltender has puck covered?
Personally, I would have preferred to go into ot in game 6.
I'd like to start a go fund me to get that game 7 played in the burgh. But if game 5 is any indication i probably wouldn't generate much $.

Some comic relief: Every kid growing up in Pittsburgh had a Dad like this guy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1_KPkLbLpXs

Post a reply to: Stanley Cup Final

The Latest