Spinners/stationary bikes

KennyT
Fantasy
280th
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2018 5:32pm
Anyone using these for cardio? So many to choose from and I’m seeing nothing but ads for Peloton, which is way above my price range. I like good quality but it’s more for keeping a old man in decent shape than it is for training for long motos
|
MR. X
5/28/2018 3:42pm
I bought one for around 500 bucks but hardly use it , its too boring . I'd much rather just go for a walk or run stairs.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/28/2018 3:49pm
MR. X wrote:
I bought one for around 500 bucks but hardly use it , its too boring . I'd much rather just go for a walk or run...
I bought one for around 500 bucks but hardly use it , its too boring . I'd much rather just go for a walk or run stairs.
I was wondering about that. Would def have to sit it in front of a tv. They give my legs a better workout than walking does and stairs would beat my ass too quickly
Ebs
5/28/2018 3:55pm
I love me some spinners, oh right, bikes...

I really don't use it much for pure cardio, but for intervals. One or two minutes cruising, crank up the resistance and blow your legs out for a period of time. Then back to cruising and repeat.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/28/2018 4:16pm
Ebs wrote:
I love me some spinners, oh right, bikes... I really don't use it much for pure cardio, but for intervals. One or two minutes cruising, crank...
I love me some spinners, oh right, bikes...

I really don't use it much for pure cardio, but for intervals. One or two minutes cruising, crank up the resistance and blow your legs out for a period of time. Then back to cruising and repeat.
Ebs....brand? Any suggestions on price range to prevent me from getting garbage? I was thinking anywhere from $200-$500’and hoping I would get good quality for that. Not sure why the Pelotons are thousands

The Shop

MR. X
5/28/2018 6:00pm
I went downstairs to see which model i bought ,it's a Schwinn 170 . It holds a tablet nicely which was my only way to stay on it for any amount of time . Never had any problems so far and everything seems tight and not wobbly .
https://www.schwinnfitness.com/170/100513.html
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/28/2018 8:52pm
MR. X wrote:
I went downstairs to see which model i bought ,it's a Schwinn 170 . It holds a tablet nicely which was my only way to stay...
I went downstairs to see which model i bought ,it's a Schwinn 170 . It holds a tablet nicely which was my only way to stay on it for any amount of time . Never had any problems so far and everything seems tight and not wobbly .
https://www.schwinnfitness.com/170/100513.html
Thank you very much MR X
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/28/2018 10:58pm
I went through a few before we broke down and got the Peloton. We figured that the payments motivate us to keep using it. It keeps it interesting with many levels of classes and great scenery in all modes.
5/29/2018 9:45am
I bought a Sunny health and Fitness bike off Amazon for $250 and haven't had any problems in the year that I've had it. It was easy to put together and my wife and I use it pretty frequently. It's nothing fancy, just a bike with a knob.
rucka356
5/29/2018 11:32am
Holds more stuff than your typical clothes hanger for sure....
IWreckALot
5/29/2018 12:17pm
Not what you're looking for but this looks pretty intense.

newmann
5/29/2018 12:30pm
We picked one up many years ago from a local gym that replaced all their bikes. Not much to go wrong with the basic ones and for $200.00 I didn’t figure I could go wrong. It’s a Schwinn too by the way.

Call the gyms and local bike shops and see if they have any used ones.

jeffro503
5/29/2018 1:19pm
I have a Lemond RevMaster here at home. Going on about 6 years with it. I have a love / hate relationship with it. I love everything about it , as it does it's job of kicking my ass thoroughly. But I hate it with a passion....because it kicks my ass thoroughly! You can kick your own ass as hard as you could possibly ever want to.

5/29/2018 2:39pm
newmann wrote:
We picked one up many years ago from a local gym that replaced all their bikes. Not much to go wrong with the basic ones and...
We picked one up many years ago from a local gym that replaced all their bikes. Not much to go wrong with the basic ones and for $200.00 I didn’t figure I could go wrong. It’s a Schwinn too by the way.

How’d You win that Major award sitting on the desk!
newmann
5/29/2018 3:24pm
newmann wrote:
We picked one up many years ago from a local gym that replaced all their bikes. Not much to go wrong with the basic ones and...

How’d You win that Major award sitting on the desk!
It’s Italian.
jasonward73
5/29/2018 3:53pm
The Peloton isn't cheap but I give it a big recommendation as FLmxer did.

If you're competitive you'll love it. Nothing like running up the leaderboard in the last 5mins when everyone else is hitting the wall. Never bored on that machine. And the female instructors aren't bad to look at. Especially with the head on camera angle when they're leaning forward.

Jason
5/29/2018 3:56pm
FLmxer wrote:
I went through a few before we broke down and got the Peloton. We figured that the payments motivate us to keep using it. It keeps...
I went through a few before we broke down and got the Peloton. We figured that the payments motivate us to keep using it. It keeps it interesting with many levels of classes and great scenery in all modes.
Let me know how it goes...
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
5/29/2018 5:32pm
The Peloton isn't cheap but I give it a big recommendation as FLmxer did. If you're competitive you'll love it. Nothing like running up the leaderboard...
The Peloton isn't cheap but I give it a big recommendation as FLmxer did.

If you're competitive you'll love it. Nothing like running up the leaderboard in the last 5mins when everyone else is hitting the wall. Never bored on that machine. And the female instructors aren't bad to look at. Especially with the head on camera angle when they're leaning forward.

Jason
In regards to the Pelotons.

So you can buy just the bike but it’s just pedaling. Once you own the bike you pay a monthly fee and are tuned into live classes, with some nice female instructors. On those classes are they at specific times during the day where u log in and are basically working out with others at the same time or can you workout anytime you want with what would be a “class on tape” type of deal.

I don’t like payments so if I pay cash for the bike I will then have to pay the $39 a month or whatever it is for the classes. It sounds like it may be easier to get the motivation if I have a virtual trainer pushing me.

Thanks for all the info guys....appreciate it very much
nicko-31
5/29/2018 6:42pm
Unsure weather you can still get a Jonny "G" Pro spinner like Newman's pic show's. It's the real original and with a 40lbs fixed gear will kick yours ass and legs. I have Look Pedels on my Jonny G and have had it for 23 year's. The best if you can find one. Original MSRP in 1997 $1500.00.

Post a reply to: Spinners/stationary bikes

The Latest