Sorta tasteless crossword puzzle?

APLMAN99
Edited Date/Time 5/19/2019 5:42pm
I try to play a few crosswords each day to get my brain bump started when I'm feeling a bit of a lag. A few days ago I came across this one. Part of me cringed a little bit, but part of me thought it was kind of clever.......

|
ATKpilot99
5/19/2019 12:00pm
Joe Elliot was on a local radio station some time ago and he was talking about the show Behind the Music . When asked if the show adds things for dramatic effect he said oh yeah in fact Rick actually still has both arms lol. I'm paraphrasing but it was funny. If he can joke about it I guess it's ok
G-man
5/19/2019 1:30pm
Haha that's pretty cool and actually a good idea to do those crossword puzzles to keep the brain stimulated.

My poor mom has has been in a dementia home for about 4 years it's really sad to see. Sad

Don't know if it's an age thing but my memory seems to be going too. Although I can remember dirt bike related stuff from decades ago.
I remember my first holeshot in 1975 like it was yesterday, but can't remember stuff from last week hahaha why is that?

I need to do something like that although I do play a mean game of checkers! Grinning
APLMAN99
5/19/2019 3:30pm
G-man wrote:
Haha that's pretty cool and actually a good idea to do those crossword puzzles to keep the brain stimulated. My poor mom has has been in...
Haha that's pretty cool and actually a good idea to do those crossword puzzles to keep the brain stimulated.

My poor mom has has been in a dementia home for about 4 years it's really sad to see. Sad

Don't know if it's an age thing but my memory seems to be going too. Although I can remember dirt bike related stuff from decades ago.
I remember my first holeshot in 1975 like it was yesterday, but can't remember stuff from last week hahaha why is that?

I need to do something like that although I do play a mean game of checkers! Grinning
I've been fortunate that my dad hasn't went through any dementia related issues so far. He's extremely hard of hearing, though, and sometimes he'll just ignore people rather than continue to ask them to speak up and when he does that it can make me worry about similar things.

I don't know if crosswords help long term, but if I start to get a little foggy in the afternoon I've found that it helps me get back to concentrating again. I do at least one, usually 2 every morning after taking my Adderall to make sure I'm getting the benefit I need to make my day clearer and more organized. Might not work for everyone, but it definitely helps me!
Rooster
5/19/2019 4:25pm
At least he didn't wind up having to take that gig with Spinal Tap.

The Shop

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/19/2019 5:41pm
I have done quite a few crosswords on my phone lately. My wife and I play Words With Friends which is actually just Scrabble. We leisurely play and just go when you have time. You get a notification that it's your turn. Pretty fun.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/20/2019 2:31pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Joe Elliot was on a local radio station some time ago and he was talking about the show Behind the Music . When asked if the...
Joe Elliot was on a local radio station some time ago and he was talking about the show Behind the Music . When asked if the show adds things for dramatic effect he said oh yeah in fact Rick actually still has both arms lol. I'm paraphrasing but it was funny. If he can joke about it I guess it's ok
Oh man, I can only imagine the ribbing those guys give each other after all these years. Rick probably shoots back "Joe, I can kick your ass with one hand tied behind my back, and I don't even need rope!" (Or something like it.)

Post a reply to: Sorta tasteless crossword puzzle?

The Latest