SoCal Ford Dealers

captmoto
Has anybody bought a new Ford lately? I'm looking to replace my 18 year old F250. I don't really want to play the dealership game. My son sold cars for a little while and knows lots of their bullshit game and will be with me when if I buy.
Does anyone have a decent dealer or a particular sales person to recommend in the IE, San Gabriel dealer or North OC?
Thanks
|
borg
7/8/2018 4:35pm
Some advice I got many years ago when buying a truck. Call the dealership and ask for the fleet manager. Work with him and you will be able to bypass all the goons walking the lot and waiting to pounce. You need to have your shit together on what you want though.
tunedlength
7/8/2018 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 8:40pm
I would email the dealers fleet departments in your area and explain you need to purchase a truck (include your desired spec) and need three out the door quotes before you can get approval to make the purchase.
This tactic has worked very well for me with the last four new vehicle purchases.
Expect about half the dealers to respond.
Saves a lot of time wasted going back and forth trying to find that magic number where you are happy and they make money.

ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
7/9/2018 7:47am
Cerritos Ford moves the most product . They will be able to give the best deal IF you know the game.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/9/2018 8:04am
I do all of my negotiating via email and then the deal is set when I go into the dealer.

I just came home with a 2018 Chevy crew cab 1500 LTZ for 32,070....with Ca taxes/registration just a shade over 37K OTD. Basically shopped all 3 and told the Chevy dealer I’m buying on Monday, what is your best deal. They came way under the other competitors

As far as Fords go I like them a lot and was going to buy one. However the dealerships around me are not my favorites. Typical car dealerships and not very good to work with

Good kick and post pics when u find one

The Shop

motoman617
7/9/2018 9:47am
When I bought my Tundra a few years ago I did it all via email. Knew which package and wanted and emailed some big dealers in the Los Angeles area and got quotes. Then went to the local guys and got prices. Went back to the local guys telling them I had lower quotes and would prefer to buy local and asked what they could do. One never replied and the other came back and beat the lower prices I had. Told the local guy I would take it and went in that weekend and picked it up.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/9/2018 10:57am
My credit union has a car buying service. They do all the negotiation ahead of time for you.

Next time I buy a car, I'm going to get that figure then shop it around with the fleet managers to see if they'll beat it.

Post a reply to: SoCal Ford Dealers

The Latest