So what's everyone thoughts on the Lance Armstrong thing ?

munsch121
Edited Date/Time 1/21/2012 12:57am
It appears to have some validation this time, whats everyone's opinions on the possibility that Armstrong is PROVEN a doper ??

My personal feeling is I think they all do, or have......for all that he has done for the cancer community, Including $250 MILLION toward cancer research....I say he has made it right. I also think some people are trying to make themselves famous by nailing the most prolific tour winner to the cross.....but that's just me
|
SteveS
8/5/2010 11:55am
Other people can testify all they want, can point fingers all they want, can have Congressional hearings all they want (why Congress thinks it has any business sticking its nose into controversies in sports I'll never understand), the fact is that the winner at the Tour de France is tested over and over through the course of each event and all year round. The testing is done by the gold standard organization in the gold standard labs. They were unable to come up with anything at the time, and you can be sure that if there were anything they could test for now on their stored samples, they would have done so already.

No matter what kind of hearsay testimony is thrown at him, all he has to do is point to all the testing results that were done and found clean and say, "I stand on the results of the most complete testing available which found me clean and legal."

If they do anything against that, they basically throw the whole testing procedure they've used out the window and say the tests are meaningless.
Mr. G
8/5/2010 11:58am
SteveS wrote:
Other people can testify all they want, can point fingers all they want, can have Congressional hearings all they want (why Congress thinks it has any...
Other people can testify all they want, can point fingers all they want, can have Congressional hearings all they want (why Congress thinks it has any business sticking its nose into controversies in sports I'll never understand), the fact is that the winner at the Tour de France is tested over and over through the course of each event and all year round. The testing is done by the gold standard organization in the gold standard labs. They were unable to come up with anything at the time, and you can be sure that if there were anything they could test for now on their stored samples, they would have done so already.

No matter what kind of hearsay testimony is thrown at him, all he has to do is point to all the testing results that were done and found clean and say, "I stand on the results of the most complete testing available which found me clean and legal."

If they do anything against that, they basically throw the whole testing procedure they've used out the window and say the tests are meaningless.
X2
newmann
8/5/2010 11:59am
He passed every test ever given, right? Including all of the special ones devised just for Lance, right? Seems to me they gave special focus just to catch him dirty. If a fucking bicycle rider is smarter than the doctors administering the tests, what does that say about the quality of the whole program? They need to figure the shit out and move forward. The fact that they are still trying to come up with a way to prove a ten year old piss sample isn't clean is pretty damn amateur to me.
72kiteboarder
8/5/2010 12:10pm
SteveS wrote:
Other people can testify all they want, can point fingers all they want, can have Congressional hearings all they want (why Congress thinks it has any...

Mr. G wrote:
X2
X3

The Shop

alphado
8/5/2010 12:18pm
They should let Pete Rose into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
txmxer
8/5/2010 12:30pm
I don't think good deeds make up for bad deeds...but, what Steve said is correct IMO.

He probably has done some things. He's an asshole according to some. So what. Catch him or let it go.
Larry
8/5/2010 12:34pm
I could care less.
just sayin.
jonjon714
8/5/2010 12:38pm
alphado wrote:
They should let Pete Rose into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
x14
munsch121
8/5/2010 1:04pm
SteveS wrote:

NIce post....I remember him saying once he is the most tested athlete on the planet....The guidelines that the Doping control is able to follow is mind boggling, if I understand it right as long as you hold a license to be a professional cyclist they can test you anywhere, any day any time they please.

I dont think the professional cycling doping control whatever its called is the big problem, its more the Federal Prosecutors trying to make a big name for themselves trying to hang for "defrauding his sponsors" by Doping ? here is a good article about it in the NY times

http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/a/lance_arms…
WORCSRacer
8/5/2010 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2010 2:29pm
With all the horror in the world this is what the government is concerning themselves with. Awe inspiring isn't??

HE PASSED THE TESTS. IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON.
8/5/2010 2:48pm
Larry wrote:
I could care less.
just sayin.
Racer92 wrote:
x2
So you could care less? Meaning you still care a little bit. Sorry pet peev. I couldn't care less means bottom of the barrel no caring left.
dougie
8/5/2010 3:12pm
I went for a ride with 3 guys last week. Our ages ranged from mid 50s to late 60s. Old farts. We did an out and back ride (26 miles) On the way out I rode at the front most of the way and everytime we'd come to a signal the others would complain I was going a bit too fast. Then we stopped at the turnaround ( a Starbucks) where everyone except me got a big ass tub of Crack err I mean coffee. (I dont drink that shit) At any rate its time to get back on the road and head back. I swear, I could hardly hang on.It was all I could do to keep from being dropped. It was as if those crack heads had found another gear and retro rockets. Coffee = PED
Mr. G
8/5/2010 3:46pm
Larry wrote:
I could care less.
just sayin.
So you are saying that you care some? You mean you couldn't care less right?
flarider
8/5/2010 4:34pm
He doped, they all dope
It's part of the game

He'll either fess up or go to prison
That's his choice
txmxer
8/5/2010 4:52pm
dougie wrote:
I went for a ride with 3 guys last week. Our ages ranged from mid 50s to late 60s. Old farts. We did an out and...
I went for a ride with 3 guys last week. Our ages ranged from mid 50s to late 60s. Old farts. We did an out and back ride (26 miles) On the way out I rode at the front most of the way and everytime we'd come to a signal the others would complain I was going a bit too fast. Then we stopped at the turnaround ( a Starbucks) where everyone except me got a big ass tub of Crack err I mean coffee. (I dont drink that shit) At any rate its time to get back on the road and head back. I swear, I could hardly hang on.It was all I could do to keep from being dropped. It was as if those crack heads had found another gear and retro rockets. Coffee = PED
that's been tested and proven to be true.
jmar
8/5/2010 5:28pm
He doped, they all dope
It's part of the game

Exactly

mxrelated
8/5/2010 6:12pm
I played ball on a university team,, we were all on steroids in the early 80s, given to us by the team doctor. During the PED hearing's one of my teammates testified to congress he had NEVER taken Roids.. at the end of the day I had heard from every team mate from that team, even the one's I had'nt heard from for over 20 years, the next day I heard from a lawyer telling me that what happened in 1983 never happened. Everyone was doing it, EVERYONE..... if Lance beat the over 500+ test's more power to him,,, they all do it,,,, look how homeruns are down this year. They now call it the year of the pitcher.er no roids
jmar
8/5/2010 6:23pm
mxrelated wrote:
I played ball on a university team,, we were all on steroids in the early 80s, given to us by the team doctor. During the PED...
I played ball on a university team,, we were all on steroids in the early 80s, given to us by the team doctor. During the PED hearing's one of my teammates testified to congress he had NEVER taken Roids.. at the end of the day I had heard from every team mate from that team, even the one's I had'nt heard from for over 20 years, the next day I heard from a lawyer telling me that what happened in 1983 never happened. Everyone was doing it, EVERYONE..... if Lance beat the over 500+ test's more power to him,,, they all do it,,,, look how homeruns are down this year. They now call it the year of the pitcher.er no roids
. if Lance beat the over 500+ test's more power to him,,, they all do it,,

Although, I agree with 99% of you post, I don't understand how someone like you, who is so set on enforcing the law when it comes to other issues, can support someone who is successful in finding a way around that law.
mxrelated
8/5/2010 6:33pm
Kinda like you when u go to the car wash ( work ) everyday. You feel cheated
mxrelated
8/5/2010 6:38pm
Obamas clean & glean, smoke a splif & roll
jmar
8/5/2010 7:13pm
mxrelated wrote:
Kinda like you when u go to the car wash ( work ) everyday. You feel cheated
Why try to sling insults?

Why not just address the issue in the thread?
mxrelated
8/5/2010 7:21pm
Why dont you ever say anything like that to your boy Nacho?
jmar
8/5/2010 7:32pm
I have in the past, but it didn't do any good.. He's been here forever and you are some what new to this place. You act as if you want to be the Nacho of the right..

If you pay attention at all, you should know that I don't two shits about either side, and I believe that it's those like you and Nacho that keep this fucked up political system alive today.
TeamGreen
8/6/2010 11:13am
SteveS wrote:

"You either DO or Don't believe/understand that they create a Routine to get around the current testing methods and procedures."

That's -exactly- how I was told sometime, ago.

Also, the pursuit of this issue seems to be based on the argument that Lance committed perjury...
SteveS
8/6/2010 11:30am
SteveS wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:
"You either DO or Don't believe/understand that they create a [i]Routine[/i] to get around the current testing methods and procedures." That's -exactly- how I was told...
"You either DO or Don't believe/understand that they create a Routine to get around the current testing methods and procedures."

That's -exactly- how I was told sometime, ago.

Also, the pursuit of this issue seems to be based on the argument that Lance committed perjury...
Perjury? He's been in a court of law over doping?

Again, if he were ever in a court or were ever deposed, he would just say that he's been tested at every TdF numerous times and was never found to have banned substances in him. He doesn't have to say anything else.

The testing was good enough to throw people out of every TdF he won. If it's no good, then they shouldn't have thrown anyone out. The rules of the game they were playing under said that you got thrown out for failing tests.

This ten year later quarterbacking really serves no purpose.

If it's a dirty sport and they cannot police it, well, then so be it.

They already have a lot of testing and rules and so on, and that's the focus--looking forward.

Legislators and courts really don't have anything to do with this. They should stay out of it.
Matt414
8/6/2010 12:12pm
While I am sure no one will believe me on any of this. But a few things. I fall under USADA testing. They can't test you "whenever" they want. You have a specific testing window that you set up with them. They can test you during that window. Its a time everyday. If you're going to be more then 90 minutes away from your house, or testing location, you have to notify them. You can text your whereabouts to them.

I am good friends with Floyd, have been for a while now. Spent a good bit of time training with him last winter. I have plenty of friends on Radioshack.

Two key things. When the baseball thing started, everyone said jose canseco was just bitter and he had no ground to stand on, blah blah blah.

Second, you guys talking about doping in cycling is about the same as a 9 year old kid finding his dads playboy and explaining sex. What goes in pro cycling and what the public knows are very different things.

I am not a LA fan by any means. The guy is a dick. But, he has done amazing things for cycling in the US, not really anywhere else though, regardless of what espn tells you. He has done a lot of cancer funding. The research side is another story in itself that I am not gonna get into. But his foundation does a lot to help those with cancer.

Him falling will create some big waves. Things for cycling in the US will change. The rest of the world could care less. Everyone here thinks its just bike racing. But more people watch the Giro then the super bowel and most americans think the Tour is the only race. Its huge in europe and this wont impact things there.

Post a reply to: So what's everyone thoughts on the Lance Armstrong thing ?

The Latest