So what do you think about UFOs? Have aliens ever visited Earth?

XXVoid MainXX
Edited Date/Time 6/27/2014 2:33pm
Well?
|
borg
6/24/2014 8:16pm
Maybe that's who nailed Mary.

He Void! What are your thoughts on WTC7? The whole thing seems kind of fishy.

The Shop

BUTCH
6/24/2014 8:37pm
Well?
I think you should go over to the deuce where all the really cool guys hang out! Cause you are obliviously better than many of us here! Take that braggart pink panther mutha fucka with ya too!Wink
6/24/2014 8:46pm
It's a romantic idea, but I tend to think that a civilization that has the technological capability to travel across the universe wouldn't find Earth to captivating.

As far as the existence of intelligent life? More likely than not, almost a certainty if the universe is infinite.
XXVoid MainXX
6/24/2014 9:53pm
Well, a couple of reasons I can think of:

1) The closest intelligent civilization to earth is likely several thousand light years away. That means they won't even get the first I Love Lucy episode on their TVs for several thousand more years. Nobody out there would know that we are here even if they did have a way to travel here so why would they even be interested in coming here? They just run into us by accident?

2) Even if they could travel at the speed of light (which they can't) it would take them several thousand years to get here. That's a pretty long ride with the kids fighting in the back seat. Plus they better have a good warranty on that flying saucer and they better have their AAA membership.
Sunhouse
6/25/2014 12:42am
Well, a couple of reasons I can think of: 1) The closest intelligent civilization to earth is likely several thousand light years away. That means they...

1) The closest intelligent civilization to earth is likely several thousand light years away. That means they won't even get the first I Love Lucy episode on their TVs for several thousand more years. Nobody out there would know that we are here even if they did have a way to travel here so why would they even be interested in coming here? They just run into us by accident?

2) Even if they could travel at the speed of light (which they can't) it would take them several thousand years to get here. That's a pretty long ride with the kids fighting in the back seat. Plus they better have a good warranty on that flying saucer and they better have their AAA membership.
From what I understand they don´t talk about standard traveling from A to B anymore, but the bending of time, black hole technology, portals etc. I think Carl Sagan did a pretty good segment on it on Cosmos. It´s heavy stuff, but very interesting IMO
plowboy
6/25/2014 3:03am
TripleFive wrote:
It's a romantic idea, but I tend to think that a civilization that has the technological capability to travel across the universe wouldn't find Earth to...
It's a romantic idea, but I tend to think that a civilization that has the technological capability to travel across the universe wouldn't find Earth to captivating.

As far as the existence of intelligent life? More likely than not, almost a certainty if the universe is infinite.
Agree 100%. Any beings advanced enough to get here would take one look and call in the galactic equivalent of Terminex. "Looks like we found paradise but there's a bad infestation problem". A huminoid form is stinkin' up the joint.
G-man
6/25/2014 4:23pm
It's been well documented UFO's exist.

STAMP IT! Smile
500guy
6/25/2014 6:42pm
I think Unidentified flying objects are real.

I've seen plenty of Illegal Aliens, Some act like they are from another planet and a few claim to be Jesus.
wildbill
6/25/2014 7:19pm

well no shit, look where you're from. Wink

Here's one in the window. Some think it's "little horn" from the bible.

dean122
6/25/2014 8:59pm
How's that saying go...ignorance is bliss.
Old-Man
6/25/2014 11:40pm
Well, a couple of reasons I can think of: 1) The closest intelligent civilization to earth is likely several thousand light years away. That means they...

Sunhouse wrote:
From what I understand they don´t talk about standard traveling from A to B anymore, but the bending of time, black hole technology, portals etc. I...
From what I understand they don´t talk about standard traveling from A to B anymore, but the bending of time, black hole technology, portals etc. I think Carl Sagan did a pretty good segment on it on Cosmos. It´s heavy stuff, but very interesting IMO

Anyone catch that COSMO's show "Unafraid of the Dark"? (dark energy) when the Voyager mission past Neptune it took a picture of Earth, it was so friggin small. We are insignificant compared to our own Galaxy yet alone the universe and it's still growing.
Ya VOID it would be on accident that they found us. BUT that same Voyager does have direction to find Earth. I think the narrator ( Neil DeGrasse) mentioned that in a thousand million years the Voyagers (1 and 2) will only be half way through our Galaxy. That means it's going to need 2 000 000 000 years Just to get on the freeway To another Galaxy

Here's that episode if you missed it: http://www.cosmosontv.com/watch/273943107839
6/26/2014 12:06am
If any of these UFO sightings/encounters are real... then personally I'd lean toward them being humans from the future. Perhaps their form of advanced propulsion somehow accidentally sends particles back through time, creating ghost images of their craft for us to sometimes see in the sky.
Old-Man
6/26/2014 10:21am
Good Vid...."We have know evidence" good point.
scooter5002
6/26/2014 1:19pm
1: They're cool.

2: Yes, at least twice. I'll guess around 1919, and probably last week. I picture the conversation going something like this: "95 years, and these assholes haven't learned a fuckin thing. They certainly don't deserve to know the secret of how to turn water into fuel for an internal combustion engine, they'll just use it to kill more of each other. C'mon, the meter is running, let's get the hell out of here. Ya, ya, you too, live long and prosper. Whatthefuckever."
XXVoid MainXX
6/26/2014 2:34pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Neil on communicating with aliens:
https://youtu.be/sLYorVnA44U
I've seen that before (and other videos of him discussing the same subject). I think most everyone agrees that the universe is a very big place. So big that it seems pretty stupid to think there wouldn't be other worlds out there that contained the right combination of elements to sprout life. It would also be pretty silly to think we are the smartest living creatures in the universe. I believe it's likely that what Neil describes in his video is very possible. There are likely civilizations out there "vastly" smarter than us. Probably many of them.

Having said that I still don't believe that we've ever been visited, and don't believe we'll ever be visited, and I don't believe we will ever visit anyone else. The reason I believe that is because I think if that were possible we'd already have plenty of proof of being visited. The Earth is 4.5 "billion" years old. In that 4.5 billion years it's only been in the last 50 years that we've evolved and gotten smart enough to travel to our closest moon and planets. It would be pretty silly to think that some of those civilizations that are vastly smarter than us wouldn't have evolved to that level far sooner than we have. Millions of years earlier would be a tiny amount time.

If civilizations have had millions of years on us and are that much smarter than us we'd have regular visitations. Yeah, I know Neil said why would they bother with us, certainly one of those vast number of smart civilizations would have an interest. I just believe that the distances involved are just too vast, regardless of how superior the civilization. There are certain laws of nature that just can't be broken (speed of light, etc). And I don't believe the time warp theories will ever lead to successful time/distance travel by a being. It's just what I believe and what makes sense to me. I think if that were possible we'd already have the proof. People from the future would have come back and gave it to us. Wink Makes for good movies though.
500guy
6/26/2014 8:50pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2014 8:51pm
This is one thing that bothers me, I have seen numerous shows stating that the discovery of the Antikythera mechanism in 1902 has confirmed that devices of this kind were known to the ancient Greeks. Was the break through on modern day computing, Space travel and the Lunar landing.

I just wonder where we would be had people like Archimedes not been murdered and where did they get this technology?
Old-Man
6/26/2014 8:59pm
We would be naive to think Earth is the only planet in the universe to sustain life.
This topic intrigued me since I was able to think on my own. Ya hear so many BullShit stories that the weak mined MoFo's gather momentum and get the ball rollin .(conspiracist) .

Here is my take on the subject:
What is an alien? if an alien is a living breathing cell that mass produced from another planet then we are all Aliens.
It took many BAZILLIONS of years to make life out of nothing but yet life as we know it thrives on this planet, why? because the elements to make life that can think for itself happened to happen when another meteor, asteroid, planet...ect.. collided with Earth many bazillion years ago that brought the element needed to make Mankind.

And again when when Dinosaurs were taking over. Coincidence? Maybe but to think that Mankind as we know it may have never existed if that "meteor ' never hit Earth.

My belief is: that there is a bigger power that we continue to avoid. Some call it GOD.

"Miracle on the Hudson" comes to mind, Miracle..., really? Sully was as cool as can be with many hrs under his belt. Give him the credit? some..."IT WAS A MIRACLE!" But yet the birds flew in the engine causing it....thats life, and life will sustain if givin the right properties.

Chain of events is what this planet was born on and in an instant, we all could be extinguished just like the Dinosaurs
Sunhouse
6/27/2014 2:33pm
I've seen that before (and other videos of him discussing the same subject). I think most everyone agrees that the universe is a very big place...
I've seen that before (and other videos of him discussing the same subject). I think most everyone agrees that the universe is a very big place. So big that it seems pretty stupid to think there wouldn't be other worlds out there that contained the right combination of elements to sprout life. It would also be pretty silly to think we are the smartest living creatures in the universe. I believe it's likely that what Neil describes in his video is very possible. There are likely civilizations out there "vastly" smarter than us. Probably many of them.

Having said that I still don't believe that we've ever been visited, and don't believe we'll ever be visited, and I don't believe we will ever visit anyone else. The reason I believe that is because I think if that were possible we'd already have plenty of proof of being visited. The Earth is 4.5 "billion" years old. In that 4.5 billion years it's only been in the last 50 years that we've evolved and gotten smart enough to travel to our closest moon and planets. It would be pretty silly to think that some of those civilizations that are vastly smarter than us wouldn't have evolved to that level far sooner than we have. Millions of years earlier would be a tiny amount time.

If civilizations have had millions of years on us and are that much smarter than us we'd have regular visitations. Yeah, I know Neil said why would they bother with us, certainly one of those vast number of smart civilizations would have an interest. I just believe that the distances involved are just too vast, regardless of how superior the civilization. There are certain laws of nature that just can't be broken (speed of light, etc). And I don't believe the time warp theories will ever lead to successful time/distance travel by a being. It's just what I believe and what makes sense to me. I think if that were possible we'd already have the proof. People from the future would have come back and gave it to us. Wink Makes for good movies though.
I agree for the most part. But the universe in its current state is what, 14 billion years old? So if there are civilzations out there that are millions, maybe billions of years older than our species, imagine what that means in technological advance!

To use Neil`s way of thinking. Humans have tried to explore flight for thousands of years. So when the Wright brothers finally made it (a few meters, but still), all of a sudden 50 years later humans were flying jet aircraft, and shooting homing missiles at each other. We can not even start to imagine what kind of technology a species would have with a head start of maybe millions of years. Heck, we couldn´t understand it if the difference was only 500 years!

With that said, I don´t think we´ve been visited either. I was watching UFO clips on youtube a week ago or so and saw a really good comment which was pure gold after having seen quite a few clips: "Hey look, a UFO! Let med grab my lowest quality camera!"

Humans are too stupid and uninteresting for an advanced civilization to even bother visit. We still believe in fairy tales and think we are the centre of the universe, and call ourselves humble. Let´s hope the species we evolve into will fare better than we haveSmile

Regarding the laws of nature, some of them actually seem to be broken. Or rather, our understanding of the laws are not complete. For example, the knowledge regarding black holes is almost non-existent. We know they swallow light and matter, but that is pretty much it. There are so many interesting thesis of propulsion that I´m not yet willing to say we can not find new ones that will break the laws of nature as we know them today. Cool topic btw! Wink

Post a reply to: So what do you think about UFOs? Have aliens ever visited Earth?

The Latest