So we had a terrorist incident here a couple of days ago....

Rooster
10/3/2017 2:07pm
Just as our city was reeling from the news that we had a terrorist incident here, we saw the carnage unfold in Las Vegas. It's tough to comprehend not just one but two violent terrorist incidents occurring so close to one another. Even though they were in different cities. Our hearts go out to those who were affected by the attack in Vegas. Some of the victims there were from Alberta too.

Thankfully in the situation here nobody was killed and not a single shot was fired to bring the perpetrator into custody alive.

An Edmonton Police officer working traffic control at a CFL football game was struck by a car and flew about 15 feet through the air. The attacker then got out of his car and stabbed the officer repeatedly with a knife. The officer protected his weapon and fought off the knife attack, but the attacker escaped into the crowd and ran off on foot. He was released from hospital within 48 hours after getting some stitches. He is expected to fully cover from his injuries.

Four pedestrians were also struck by a UHaul truck as the offender tried to escape the downtown area with police in pursuit. He had been stopped at a check stop and drove off when the officers recognized the name on his ID. He was swerving towards pedestrians in crosswalks and on the sidewalk. Pedestrian injuries range from broken bones to brain bleeds, two remain in hospital, one in serious condition but all are expected to survive.

The police used their vehicles to overturn the truck at an intersection and a flash grenade and stun gun were used to extract him through the windshield of the UHaul. No shots were fired at any time during the incident. He had his first day in court this AM.

Hopefully with the survival of the attacker we can learn more about the incident's cause and whether he had any help in it's planning and execution. Although at this early point in the investigation he's considered to have acted alone.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/3/2017 2:32pm
He acted alone and a stupid ISIS flag was found in the U-Haul. I believe they took credit for the attack but police don't believe there's a link between the two.

I saw they video of him hitting the cop, get out of his car and stab him multiple times. Thought for sure the officer was dead or wasn't going to make it. Glad to see he's going to make a full recovery.
scooter5002
10/3/2017 3:36pm
Somali immigrant, arrived in '12. Placed on a Watch List a couple of years ago, but nothing really came of it. Then, Saturday night. Thank you Canada, for welcoming me to my new home. Fuckin' POS.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/3/2017 4:39pm
Somali immigrant, arrived in '12. Placed on a Watch List a couple of years ago, but nothing really came of it. Then, Saturday night. Thank you...
Somali immigrant, arrived in '12. Placed on a Watch List a couple of years ago, but nothing really came of it. Then, Saturday night. Thank you Canada, for welcoming me to my new home. Fuckin' POS.
I was actually going to add more to my post but hesitated but since you brought it up, why not?

I was going to add that most if not all of them say they come here to make a better life for themselves but I personally think that if they commit a crime no matter how big or small it may be that they should get deported no questions asked. If you're going to come here or anywhere else for that matter respect your new country and if you can't, go back to the shitty one you came from. I'm not just talking about the person that commits the crime either. The whole family. That might make them think twice before doing anything. We don't need that shit in our country. It cost a shit load to bring them over and support them and that's how they thank the country? Now it's going to cost even more because he's going behind bars. Fuck them, don't need them.

I don't care if you come here with the intentions to be a productive citizen but if your intention is to live off the government and the tax payers money stay wherever you're from.

Just think how many of our own people could be off the streets if it wasn't for supporting all those people.
Squidward
10/3/2017 4:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I was actually going to add more to my post but hesitated but since you brought it up, why not? I was going to add that...
I was actually going to add more to my post but hesitated but since you brought it up, why not?

I was going to add that most if not all of them say they come here to make a better life for themselves but I personally think that if they commit a crime no matter how big or small it may be that they should get deported no questions asked. If you're going to come here or anywhere else for that matter respect your new country and if you can't, go back to the shitty one you came from. I'm not just talking about the person that commits the crime either. The whole family. That might make them think twice before doing anything. We don't need that shit in our country. It cost a shit load to bring them over and support them and that's how they thank the country? Now it's going to cost even more because he's going behind bars. Fuck them, don't need them.

I don't care if you come here with the intentions to be a productive citizen but if your intention is to live off the government and the tax payers money stay wherever you're from.

Just think how many of our own people could be off the streets if it wasn't for supporting all those people.
Exactly. Then the stupid people come out and try to make excuses for them like "They didn't know any better" Well don't you think children know any better either? No. So you teach them how to act and be responsible. I'm tired of all these bullcrap excuses. Either learn how to abide by the country your taking refuge in's freaking laws, or don't come over in the first place. Look at the sections in England where the native born English citizens are afraid to go because of the refugees taking over and making it a small part of "home" they apparently were trying to get away from, threatening people who aren't of their faith to keep out, or come in and get severely beaten/killed. Ridiculous.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/3/2017 5:23pm
Another thing I believe they should do is learn the language of whichever country they plan on moving to. They don't speak any of the language so we pay for them to learn it. I don't know how much it costs to send a family to learn English or French in Canada but I'm sure it's not cheap.

You want to come over to start a new life and make a better life for yourself how about making the effort to learn the language in advance even if it's at the basic level before you come over. This would cut down on tax payers money and would allow them to get an entry level job somewhere and start supporting themselves on some level right from the get go.

There's a lot more I could say on the subject but I realize this is not the place to discuss things so I'll quit while I'm ahead.
Squidward
10/3/2017 5:27pm
^^^ Yup. Iv'e said my fill so i'm out. but I 100% agree with you on both parts.
APLMAN99
10/3/2017 5:56pm
I'm not sure I'd call Vegas a terrorist attack just yet. A horrible, murderous act for sure, but so far we don't know of any political goal the act was trying to advance.
vet323
10/3/2017 6:10pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm not sure I'd call Vegas a terrorist attack just yet. A horrible, murderous act for sure, but so far we don't know of any political...
I'm not sure I'd call Vegas a terrorist attack just yet. A horrible, murderous act for sure, but so far we don't know of any political goal the act was trying to advance.
Exactly. Every mass murder isn't a terrorist attack.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/3/2017 6:24pm
So apparently this POS guy was detained in 2011 and was ordered deported from the US for being in the country illegally. At the time he had no criminal record but was in Canada a year later.

Someone, somewhere failed at his job in my opinion.
vet323
10/3/2017 6:29pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So apparently this POS guy was detained in 2011 and was ordered deported from the US for being in the country illegally. At the time he...
So apparently this POS guy was detained in 2011 and was ordered deported from the US for being in the country illegally. At the time he had no criminal record but was in Canada a year later.

How is that possible? I had a carpenter buddy that was refused entry to Canada simply because he had a DUI in his (rather distant) past.
TXDirt
10/3/2017 6:55pm
Somali immigrant, arrived in '12. Placed on a Watch List a couple of years ago, but nothing really came of it. Then, Saturday night. Thank you...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I was actually going to add more to my post but hesitated but since you brought it up, why not? I was going to add that...

This is because we don't encourage them to adapt to the host culture. Instead we are forced to supprort the culture they are. The culture that made them flee their host countries in the first place. Hatred, subjection, murder.

Don't learn the language. Don't respect the laws. Subjugate and disrespect women.

We were told multiculturalism was a melting pot. It's not. It's a salad bowl of cultures who conflict with each other's values. Like oil and vinegar.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/3/2017 7:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So apparently this POS guy was detained in 2011 and was ordered deported from the US for being in the country illegally. At the time he...

vet323 wrote:
How is that possible? I had a carpenter buddy that was refused entry to Canada simply because he had a DUI in his (rather distant) past.
I have no idea but do know things slip through the cracks all the time. But this should have been caught. No idea how no flag was raised when they went through the paperwork.

He was in the US illegally so I'm positive that's on his record. Did he use a different name? New paperwork? I'm not a criminal but most people in that world have connections.

Total bullshit if you ask me. Should be deported back to wherever he's from but it's already too late for that. Now Canada is forced to spend even more resources on him.

Denied entry into the country for a DUI but granted a complete new life in Canada after being in a country illegally a year before. Yeah, makes sense.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/3/2017 7:22pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

TXDirt wrote:
This is because we don't encourage them to adapt to the host culture. Instead we are forced to supprort the culture they are. The culture that...
This is because we don't encourage them to adapt to the host culture. Instead we are forced to supprort the culture they are. The culture that made them flee their host countries in the first place. Hatred, subjection, murder.

Don't learn the language. Don't respect the laws. Subjugate and disrespect women.

We were told multiculturalism was a melting pot. It's not. It's a salad bowl of cultures who conflict with each other's values. Like oil and vinegar.
Like I said there's a lot more I could say on the subject but will refrain from doing so for obvious reasons.

But I do get what you're saying.
APLMAN99
10/3/2017 7:39pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I'm not sure I'd call Vegas a terrorist attack just yet. A horrible, murderous act for sure, but so far we don't know of any political...
vet323 wrote:
I think you mean "NOT every mass murder IS a terrorist attack."

vet323
10/3/2017 7:56pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

Yes.

You probably didn't have as many beers as I did before you wrote that!
APLMAN99
10/3/2017 8:17pm
vet323 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:

vet323 wrote:
Yes.

You probably didn't have as many beers as I did before you wrote that!
I've got a nearly full keg of Iron Horse Brewing 509 Style Pale Ale that I'm trying to get done over the next few weeks........

By 7:30 I'm doing okay.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/3/2017 8:29pm
You can find out more about how he got into Canada.

Here
JRT812
10/3/2017 8:46pm
Watch list is a joke because there is no action. I apologize in advance if it was mentioned prior to my post. Didn’t read through everything. Unreal and will leave it at that.
Squidward
10/3/2017 9:03pm
Watch list really is a joke. You can get stuck on for some of the dumbest things too. Seen filling more than 2 gas cans at a time, wearing baggy clothing, playing paintball, having more than one cell phone. Take something seriously for once govt. Would you please?
JRT812
10/3/2017 9:08pm
Also, I’m glad it wasn’t worse!
10/4/2017 2:24am
Squidward wrote:
Exactly. Then the stupid people come out and try to make excuses for them like "They didn't know any better" Well don't you think children know...
Exactly. Then the stupid people come out and try to make excuses for them like "They didn't know any better" Well don't you think children know any better either? No. So you teach them how to act and be responsible. I'm tired of all these bullcrap excuses. Either learn how to abide by the country your taking refuge in's freaking laws, or don't come over in the first place. Look at the sections in England where the native born English citizens are afraid to go because of the refugees taking over and making it a small part of "home" they apparently were trying to get away from, threatening people who aren't of their faith to keep out, or come in and get severely beaten/killed. Ridiculous.
Got me wondering where the no go areas are in the UK? I haven't heard of any, but then Fox News isn't big over here...

Post a reply to: So we had a terrorist incident here a couple of days ago....

The Latest