So proud of a friend of mine

FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
I am so proud of a friend of mine. I'm not intending to make a political thread and don't care about your political comments. I just want to show how proud I am of my wife's best friend who had an amazing experience yesterday.
She got the call last Thursday that she was being invited to meet and speak with the President at a round table conference. She didn't know until Monday where and Tuesday when. Tuesday afternoon she turned in our names and information to the white house in order for my wife and I to attend and bring her son. By Wednesday afternoon, she was informed that she could invite more people. So there were 11 of us all together including my parents. 4 of which traveled 4 hours to meet up before making an additional 3 hour drive to arrive at the venue. 3 of those were from Indonesia on vacation and just so happened to be able to detour their trip and attend. The whole thing was awesome to see and attend. Watching Secret Service work is amazing. Everyone was so professional and friendly. It was invitation only and there were only around 300 people. Anita spoke and I think did a real good job. Here is a link from Youtube starting from when she spoke. Truly a once in a lifetime experience.
https://youtu.be/X5XZchP_LHU?start=2314
|
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/6/2018 9:40am
Definitely a once in a lifetime thing, rad!
4/6/2018 9:45am Edited Date/Time 4/6/2018 9:48am
That's so cool, Flick!

Edit add: Your friend is awesome! What a great story.

Post a reply to: So proud of a friend of mine

The Latest