So called classic movies everyone else in the world has seen except you.

ATKpilot99
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2020 2:43pm
Well at least everyone in your general age group. I'm 53 and I've never seen Top Gun beginning to end. Never watched a minute of Dirty Dancing.
Also never saw E.T.
|
5/18/2020 12:33pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Well at least everyone in your general age group. I'm 53 and I've never seen Top Gun beginning to end. Never watched a minute of Dirty...
Well at least everyone in your general age group. I'm 53 and I've never seen Top Gun beginning to end. Never watched a minute of Dirty Dancing.
Also never saw E.T.
Nothing of any Star Wars
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/18/2020 1:00pm
I don't watch horror, so I am completely ignorant of all those flicks.
rjg
5/18/2020 1:36pm
Heyyyyyyy youuuuu guyyyyyys!

The Shop

kongols
5/18/2020 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2020 1:44pm
All Star Wars except first.
Lord of the Rings.
Harry Potter.
Deja New
5/18/2020 1:54pm
Never seen any of top gun wish I could say the same for avatar and titanic but got dragged in by girlfriends at the time.
DoctorJD
5/18/2020 2:03pm
Gone With the Wind. This is noteworthy because I'm from the south.

Barrett57
5/18/2020 2:07pm
The opening scene of Top Gun makes me want to kick a Communist in the face while eating a cheese burger.
Ted722
5/18/2020 2:44pm
Avatar (was never interested in that one...is it any good?)
Any of the Harry Potter stuff (not interested)
The Big Lebowski (until the recent coviid memes...finally watched it. good movie!)
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
TXDirt
5/18/2020 2:52pm
Ted722 wrote:
Avatar (was never interested in that one...is it any good?) Any of the Harry Potter stuff (not interested) The Big Lebowski (until the recent coviid memes...finally...
The Big Lebowski (until the recent coviid memes...finally watched it. good movie!)
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
Avatar is a good movie and Pandora (Based on Avatar) at Disney World is amazing.

Fight Club is also good.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
5/18/2020 3:13pm
Ted722 wrote:
Avatar (was never interested in that one...is it any good?) Any of the Harry Potter stuff (not interested) The Big Lebowski (until the recent coviid memes...finally...
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
TXDirt wrote:
Avatar is a good movie and Pandora (Based on Avatar) at Disney World is amazing.

Fight Club is also good.
I have not seen either avatar or Fight Club
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
5/18/2020 3:40pm
Never watched:

Anything Harry Potter
Lord of the rings
Hunger Games
Nothing after Star Wars original movie
None of the Fast & Furious movies
No avengers or comic book movie spin offs
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/18/2020 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2020 4:12pm
Ted722 wrote:
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
You need to watch Taxi Driver and Chinatown.

Edit: Fight Club as well.
BMSOBx2
5/18/2020 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2020 4:13pm
Ted722 wrote:
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
Fight Club not so much but Taxi Driver and Chinatown? If you're a fan of film those are must-sees. You won't be sorry.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
5/18/2020 4:57pm
Ted722 wrote:
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Fight Club not so much but Taxi Driver and Chinatown? If you're a fan of film those are must-sees. You won't be sorry.
DEFINITELY must see Taxi Driver and Chinatown. Chinatown was it for me because being born and raised around the SFV, it's all about how the city of Los Angeles and William Mulholland annexed the SFV so they could get the water from the Owens valley.

Fight Club is actually more relevant as a movie now more than ever. Some dark shit in that one.

I have seen only one Marvel or DC Comics movie, none of the Potter films, or Lord of the Rings. Just not a scify guy at all.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
5/18/2020 5:01pm
I know a lot of people haven't seen "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, but that movie is another classic.
SEEMEFIRST
5/18/2020 5:27pm
Barrett57 wrote:
The opening scene of Top Gun makes me want to kick a Communist in the face while eating a cheese burger.
Never watch it with a fighter pilot...
TXDirt
5/18/2020 5:29pm
Ted722 wrote:
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
BMSOBx2 wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
DEFINITELY must see Taxi Driver and Chinatown. Chinatown was it for me because being born and raised around the SFV, it's all about how the city...
DEFINITELY must see Taxi Driver and Chinatown. Chinatown was it for me because being born and raised around the SFV, it's all about how the city of Los Angeles and William Mulholland annexed the SFV so they could get the water from the Owens valley.

Fight Club is actually more relevant as a movie now more than ever. Some dark shit in that one.

I have seen only one Marvel or DC Comics movie, none of the Potter films, or Lord of the Rings. Just not a scify guy at all.
Lord of the Rings is pretty legit. I’m not a fantasy adventure guy at all but those movies are very well done. They are adult level movies.

I’m not a Harry Potter fan and haven’t watched any movies from beginning to end.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
5/18/2020 5:34pm
TXDirt wrote:
Lord of the Rings is pretty legit. I’m not a fantasy adventure guy at all but those movies are very well done. They are adult level...
Lord of the Rings is pretty legit. I’m not a fantasy adventure guy at all but those movies are very well done. They are adult level movies.

I’m not a Harry Potter fan and haven’t watched any movies from beginning to end.
I have so much fucking free time right now I might actually watch them but the Old Lady has no desire. And honestly I'm tired of my Bro in Law giving me shit for not seeing them yet. haha
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
5/18/2020 6:54pm
TXDirt wrote:
Lord of the Rings is pretty legit. I’m not a fantasy adventure guy at all but those movies are very well done. They are adult level...

avidchimp wrote:
I have so much fucking free time right now I might actually watch them but the Old Lady has no desire. And honestly I'm tired of...
I have so much fucking free time right now I might actually watch them but the Old Lady has no desire. And honestly I'm tired of my Bro in Law giving me shit for not seeing them yet. haha
I am never getting that four hours of my life back watching any of the Lord of the rings movies. I wish I never wasted my time.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
5/18/2020 7:02pm
SKIDLID wrote:
I am never getting that four hours of my life back watching any of the Lord of the rings movies. I wish I never wasted my...
I am never getting that four hours of my life back watching any of the Lord of the rings movies. I wish I never wasted my time.
I have a feeling I will feel the same way. I mean cinematically they are amazing from what I have seen, but just not my genre at all.
Deja New
5/19/2020 1:52am
Ted722 wrote:
Taxi Driver
The Fight Club
Chinatown
Avatar was overrated trash.... have you seen dune or dances with wolves or any movie with a repressed group that ends up winning? If you answers yes then you’ve seen avatar.
Visual effects are great but it relies to much on them. Would have been cool as a fake documentary was the voice of David Attenborough Smile
rongi#401
5/19/2020 2:50am
Lord of the rings 1 2 and three is a must, and also the hobbit part 1 and 2 is amazing
OG725
5/19/2020 5:55am
avidchimp wrote:
I know a lot of people haven't seen "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas, but that movie is another classic.
Remember thinking, “what’s this guy so pissed about”. 30 years later, I get it.
TXDirt
5/19/2020 6:02am
Deja New wrote:
Avatar was overrated trash.... have you seen dune or dances with wolves or any movie with a repressed group that ends up winning? If you answers...
Avatar was overrated trash.... have you seen dune or dances with wolves or any movie with a repressed group that ends up winning? If you answers yes then you’ve seen avatar.
Visual effects are great but it relies to much on them. Would have been cool as a fake documentary was the voice of David Attenborough Smile
You are describing nearly every movie ever made!!
Elbows
Fantasy
1171st
5/19/2020 6:44am
Me and brother were talking about movies recently and I asked him about the outlaw Josey Wales. He couldn’t believe I had never watched it. He claims it’s a awesome movie so now I’ve gotta check it out.
Deja New
5/19/2020 6:53am
Deja New wrote:
Avatar was overrated trash.... have you seen dune or dances with wolves or any movie with a repressed group that ends up winning? If you answers...
TXDirt wrote:
You are describing nearly every movie ever made!!
Maybe but James Cameron and Roland Emmerich movies are all over the top and not my cup of tea. Much rather a movie like the Shawshank redemption or the usual suspects that do not need visual effects to be great.
Lucky we are all different as the world would be ja boring place....
NvHermit
Fantasy
4303rd
5/19/2020 7:12am
I watched the Tiger King last month and it's the first time in 13 years I watched any kind of movie. I just can't sit still that long and need to be active. When I was raising kids and doing family stuff we used to watch a movie now and then, back when you went to a video store. I have no idea how you guys listen to 4 hour podcast, I've yet to listen to one.

Post a reply to: So called classic movies everyone else in the world has seen except you.

The Latest