So I've Figured Out How To Read Who Dislikes Your Posts....

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2019 6:48 PM

It is not the easiest method, but you can finally see who is giving out all of the thumbs down. I am also a member on VitalBMX, and some dude squawked that he can tell who gives him down votes by the source code. I have not looked at anything code related in about 8 years...But I was bored so I did some trial and error. And it was actually quite simple to find....and I am in no way good at the internets. Took about 15 minutes of playing around.

To make it easier on yourself, find a thread that you posted in. Make sure you got some up or down votes. I will use the "Who does the BEST suspension tuning for 2002-2007 CR250??" as an example.... I initially used this thread because I got a few up votes, and it is relatively short. Thus making the search field more simple. Start by right clicking anywhere on the page and select "view page source".

PS : I am doing this with Chrome.

Photo

In a new tab you will find this screen:

Photo

Use the old "Control F" feature and search for either "up" or "down" and go down until you get to the portion of the code that looks like this:

Photo

The highlighted text (in the photo) carries all of the information for the up and down votes. If you look through it follows a series, for example ---> "4041839":{"up":[],"down":[],"up_guest":0,"down_guest":0}. <-----This post example post contains no up or down votes...Notice that it is written in the code to now allow for "guest" up or down votes.

A post the that involves an "up" vote will look like this "4049846":{"up":[45866],"down":[],"up_guest":0,"down_guest":0} The "45866" represents a username.

Photo

The code follows a pattern for every post in the thread "up, down, up_guest, down_guest". Seeing as that my post was post number 12 in the thread. I merely counted through 12 iterations of the series and found this: "4042216":{"up":[46670,45605],"down":[],"up_guest":0,"down_guest":0}.

Photo

I noticed all usernames have a number designated to them. Maverick and -4S-Joe , I hope you do not mind that I am using you for my example haha. To find the username you simply search the number on the code page, and search through until you found the username. So searching for "46670" and "45605" yielded me "Maverick and -4S-Joe".

Photo

So simply you just have to look through some code and search for user names. This took me about 15 minutes of playing around...And we can finally see who down votes posts that people make about their kids new bike and such...

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

1/9/2019 7:10 PM

I don't care enough to bother looking. Up vote, down vote, meh. Whatever makes someone's day.

That said, I've noticed that some on here really let the downvotes get to them.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/9/2019 7:15 PM

Photo
|

Interesting but also way too much work for my lazy ass

|

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I don't care enough to bother looking. Up vote, down vote, meh. Whatever makes someone's day.

You are not joking. Some bros get all worked up about it.

|

1/9/2019 7:16 PM

Meh as well. In saying that, will this thread be allowed to stay? only because there must be a reason for Vital not making it viewable in the first place???

|

1/9/2019 7:17 PM

colintrax wrote:

Interesting but also way too much work for my lazy ass

Took me about 10 minutes of playing around the first time....Guys at VitalBMX were trying to make a $100 bet saying it couldn't be done. But, by the time I figured it out, the thread was locked haha.

|

1/9/2019 7:21 PM

My problem is I really want people to see when I'm down voting them, just so they know I think they're an ass.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

1/9/2019 7:42 PM

MJC wrote:

Meh as well. In saying that, will this thread be allowed to stay? only because there must be a reason for Vital not making it viewable in the first place???

I think the reason for not showing the downvotes is so guys don't get butthurt even more than they get now. It avoids guys from always targeting a poster they don't like and starting more shit on the board. Down voting someone for no other reason than you just don't like the poster.

Could be wrong but that's my guess.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

1/9/2019 9:47 PM

You lost me at right click bro

|

1/9/2019 11:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 2:31 AM

Wow, well done.

I just don't get it. Isn't having a username so people are accountable for what they say?

It's not like you're not allowed to disagree with people. Why be a pusshole about it. Just show who votes this or that.

PS. This will get downvoted, by either a pusshole or people being funny.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/10/2019 1:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 1:33 AM

Edit: Meant for Crush, ya big cunt, hahahaha.

|

1/10/2019 3:48 AM

I wish I could up and down vote together sometimes

|

1/10/2019 4:11 AM

hahaha take ya thumbs and shove em up yer arse cunts!

|

1/10/2019 5:10 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I don't think the downvoters get to some of us, it's just that some of us like to let them know just how much of a dickbeater they are.wink

|

1/10/2019 5:16 AM

It’s better majority don’t know. Otherwise you’d get people even more butthurt.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/10/2019 5:51 AM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

It’s better majority don’t know. Otherwise you’d get people even more butthurt.

Fucking good medicine I say.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/10/2019 6:03 AM

The only people that care about downvotes are school kids, and Newmann. I couldn't imagine taking 15 seconds of my day to try to find out who disagrees with something I say on Vital. But I graduated high school a long time ago and my skin has grown thicker with age.

|

1/10/2019 6:28 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

The only people that care about downvotes are school kids, and Newmann. I couldn't imagine taking 15 seconds of my day to try to find out who disagrees with something I say on Vital. But I graduated high school a long time ago and my skin has grown thicker with age.

laughing Yet you took the time to post that, pure comedy from the grape one. Don't concern yourself with me, I'm just laughing at the 7th graders. I do wonder why though, a website that wants to be taken serious in the sport/industry has such a juvenile feature. And about that thick skin, coming from someone that posts under an anonymous screen name...not sure if serious.wink
|

1/10/2019 6:46 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

newmann wrote: laughing Yet you took the time to post that, pure comedy from the grape one. Don't concern yourself with me, I'm just laughing at the 7th graders. I do wonder why though, a website that wants to be taken serious in the sport/industry has such a juvenile feature. And about that thick skin, coming from someone that posts under an anonymous screen name...not sure if serious.wink

I'm not sure why they have a feature as juvenile as emoji's. Again, I just assume it's for the kids.

|

1/10/2019 7:01 AM

JM485 wrote:

My problem is I really want people to see when I'm down voting them, just so they know I think they're an ass.

Exactly, I was bummed when I found out it didn't show.

|

1/10/2019 7:35 AM

A lot of butthurt spoiling up in here....,

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/10/2019 8:21 AM

This has Russian troll bots written all over it.

|

1/10/2019 8:29 AM

TXDirt wrote:

That's it, final straw. Building a wall around my screen name.

|

1/10/2019 8:30 AM

Insecurity. Why would someone care,thumbs up or down. Are they really worried about total strangers opinions on the internet.

|

1/10/2019 9:02 AM

I got down thumbed a couple times bit I probably deserved it.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

1/10/2019 9:19 AM

Maverick's a down-voting ass bro, damn

|

1/10/2019 10:13 AM

TXDirt wrote:

newmann wrote:

That's it, final straw. Building a wall around my screen name.

Putin is definately trying to influence posting results here. Putin was also involved in the post office losing Mavericks copy of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Fuckin Russians hackers....

|

1/10/2019 10:13 AM

I really like the thumbs up thumbs down option, it keeps the threads smaller because we can agree or disagree without having to waste time typing out a post and there are a couple people I thumbs down just on principle alone. cool

|

Ed Johnson

1/10/2019 10:15 AM

Photo
|

Ed Johnson