So Hillbillies thread got deleted.

SEEMEFIRST
Edited Date/Time 11/6/2019 12:44pm
Huh, who would have thought.
People speaking their minds used to be tolerated, no encouraged. Now, not so much.

I recall one day I was going in a convenience store to buy some beer for a work weekend.
A couple of guys walked up as I was walking in.
So, as I always do, I held the door for them to let them pass.
Well that pissed one of them off so bad, he followed me around the store shouting that I was holding the door for a woman, and he was a man and all kinds of weird shit.
His other was trying to calm him, but he kept on.

All I wanted was to be nice, get my beer, and leave.

Finally I had enough. I tossed my beer to the floor, looked at him and said "There's a thousand acres out there mother fucker, let's go plow it up".

The other guy saved his ass and got him out.
The guy behind the counter went and got me a fresh 30 pack. And the crowd was stunned.

What the fuck? I hold doors for everyone.
|
SEEMEFIRST
10/27/2019 11:22pm
I don't think either one knew what that meant, but they were both sure it was bad.
jeffro503
10/28/2019 12:35am
I'm on a short leash here , so I can't say a bunch of stuff I'd like to say.......But , we have a Non-moto section here to talk about things in our lives other than dirt bike stuff. We aren't supposed to talk about politics or religion. The thing is , almost every single thing in life can be tracked back to a political / religious discussion.

Some of my very best , and long time friends are in moto. Those are the people in my real life I usually have these type of light discussions with. I say " light " because I don't believe we should create divides over things like that.

It's gotten worse here , by far over the past few years. Some threads that don't even have argument's happening , get flushed. I seriously don't get why this happens. Isn't that what this Non-moto section is for? Discussing things with people that think completely different from yourself , is how we learn / teach.

Not everything in our life is dirt bikes , but discussing topics of all kinds , with my fellow moto-heads , I can't think of a better group to discuss these topics with. HB's thread is just one of many , that gets flushed for no reason what so ever. The censorship here can get pretty freakin' ridiculous at times. But what the fuck do I know.

ATKpilot99
10/28/2019 3:29am
It's a shame . I thought hillbilly was going to finally break down and come out in the thread.
reded
10/28/2019 3:29am
It’s just a sign of the times fellas. Our society makes everything controversial and then goes batshit crazy over the controversy.

The Shop

ns503
10/28/2019 4:01am
Did I miss something? I thought it was going OK, last time I looked. Was surprised with the opening post that it stayed up over the first night, but it seemed to level out after that. Nothing wrong with some respectful opinion sharing.

herbs906
10/28/2019 5:59am
ns503 wrote:
Did I miss something? I thought it was going OK, last time I looked. Was surprised with the opening post that it stayed up over the...
Did I miss something? I thought it was going OK, last time I looked. Was surprised with the opening post that it stayed up over the first night, but it seemed to level out after that. Nothing wrong with some respectful opinion sharing.

i'll take the hit....brought up china
captmoto
10/28/2019 8:21am
Anybody look in the Dungeon?
DoctorJD
10/28/2019 8:56am
I'm amazed that thread made it as long as it did.
JAFO92
10/28/2019 10:11am
How did the Nazis pull off the atrocities that inevitably happened? Because average citizens and business owners were too scared to call out the things that were happening until it was too late. It didnt happen overnight. It was baby steps. Facism isnt new, just to the majority of adult Americans who didnt live thru what went down back then.

"What one has not lived, one will never understand in print."
tcannon521
Fantasy
1398th
10/28/2019 10:21am
JAFO92 wrote:
How did the Nazis pull off the atrocities that inevitably happened? Because average citizens and business owners were too scared to call out the things that...
How did the Nazis pull off the atrocities that inevitably happened? Because average citizens and business owners were too scared to call out the things that were happening until it was too late. It didnt happen overnight. It was baby steps. Facism isnt new, just to the majority of adult Americans who didnt live thru what went down back then.

That’s a big jump from a random post on a forum with maybe 20,000 active users. I would argue the fact it had never happened to an educated population before and the lack of ability to communicate globally played a bigger part. Just like pre 9/11, most passengers would be content with letting the terrorist land the plane and negotiate instead of attacking them as would likely happen today. Live, learn and evolve.
JAFO92
10/28/2019 10:38am
tcannon521 wrote:
That’s a big jump from a random post on a forum with maybe 20,000 active users. I would argue the fact it had never happened to...
That’s a big jump from a random post on a forum with maybe 20,000 active users. I would argue the fact it had never happened to an educated population before and the lack of ability to communicate globally played a bigger part. Just like pre 9/11, most passengers would be content with letting the terrorist land the plane and negotiate instead of attacking them as would likely happen today. Live, learn and evolve.
Not a big jump to me. Its part and parcel of a larger trend going on in the USA. Baby steps are happening before our eyes. Gibby is a good guy trying to make a living and that requires money from advertisers. Advertisers dont wanna piss off potential customers and steer clear of associations with things that are controversial. So whatever controversy/topic that is frowned on has to be clipped. Its business and we all get that.

hard2kill
10/28/2019 10:39am
JAFO92 wrote:
How did the Nazis pull off the atrocities that inevitably happened? Because average citizens and business owners were too scared to call out the things that...

tcannon521 wrote:
That’s a big jump from a random post on a forum with maybe 20,000 active users. I would argue the fact it had never happened to...
You gotta admit the same type of "censorship" taking place in non-moto is going on at a much grander scale (youtube-google ect. ect. ect.
Wells423
10/28/2019 11:26am
Not hard to get clipped from this place that’s for sure!
CM_84
10/28/2019 11:54am
The vital forums never cease to amaze me.
Comparing a motocross forum clipping a thread about “why do homos have to act so gay” to the nazis controlling mainstream media and wiping out millions of people.

The thread should have got flushed. It was a turd.

And relax fellas, not everything is a conspiracy, some things are nothing more than what they actually are.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/28/2019 11:58am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 11:58am
At the risk of this being the quote that everyone remembers me for...

Trying to moderate intolerant assholes is turning me into an intolerant asshole. Smile
SEEMEFIRST
10/28/2019 12:07pm
GuyB wrote:

Trying to moderate intolerant assholes is turning me into an intolerant asshole. Smile
So me holding a door for a stranger, actually acknowledging them as a human being makes me an intolerant asshole.
I guess I'll have to live with that.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/28/2019 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 12:15pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
So me holding a door for a stranger, actually acknowledging them as a human being makes me an intolerant asshole. I guess I'll have to live...
So me holding a door for a stranger, actually acknowledging them as a human being makes me an intolerant asshole.
I was responding to the first two lines of your message, not the rest of it.

I was also on a long overdue vacation last week, and was trying to spend as little time moderating as possible. There was one user in particular who made up probably half the previously mentioned thread. Purely in the interest of just trying to get him to slow his roll, I hit the lock button, figuring I'd deal with it this week. In return, I got a very curt email asking for me to delete his messages and the account. No question why, no discussion. Being offended runs in all sorts of directions.
CM_84
10/28/2019 12:14pm
GuyB wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
So me holding a door for a stranger, actually acknowledging them as a human being makes me an intolerant asshole. I guess I'll have to live...
I think he was talking about hillbilly’s thread

I don’t think anyone has worked out how your story relates to that thread.
motogrady
10/28/2019 12:24pm
GuyB wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I doubt u were even a blip on the map on that thread guy. I saw nothing u put up as being I intolerant.

I have a feeling the politically correct were burning up the private messages to the mother ship.

I dunno.
A lot of people do seem to need a rather large dose of idgaf these days, just saying.
SEEMEFIRST
10/28/2019 12:58pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I was responding to the first two lines of your message, not the rest of it. I was also on a long overdue vacation last week...
I was responding to the first two lines of your message, not the rest of it.

I was also on a long overdue vacation last week, and was trying to spend as little time moderating as possible. There was one user in particular who made up probably half the previously mentioned thread. Purely in the interest of just trying to get him to slow his roll, I hit the lock button, figuring I'd deal with it this week. In return, I got a very curt email asking for me to delete his messages and the account. No question why, no discussion. Being offended runs in all sorts of directions.
I'm not angry.
And it's not my intention to stir things up.

I just was kind of at a boiling point. Sorry of it caused you a problem.
TXDirt
10/28/2019 1:03pm
To sum up...

Even if you disagree with something or someone, you will be labeled as intolerant, hateful and or bigoted. It doesn’t matter how tolerant you are actually being nor does it matter how respectful and articulate your explanation/conversation/post/idea/answer really is.

If it goes contrary to what’s being espoused then you will be shut down, shouted down, or just plain silenced.

Discourse is not wanted nor is it encouraged. Group think is wanted. Encouraged. Supported.

1. Desensitize
2. Confuse
3. Convert

That’s how what wasn’t normal, is now jammed down society as normal. Apply to pretty much everything and you will get your answer.
Uncle Tony
10/28/2019 1:04pm
Wells423 wrote:
Not hard to get clipped from this place that’s for sure!
Didn’t mean to give you a thumbs down, on my iPhone things are tight and I’m a sloppy left hander lol, sorry man
Barrett57
10/28/2019 2:25pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 2:25pm
TXDirt wrote:
To sum up... Even if you disagree with something or someone, you will be labeled as intolerant, hateful and or bigoted. It doesn’t matter how tolerant...
To sum up...

Even if you disagree with something or someone, you will be labeled as intolerant, hateful and or bigoted. It doesn’t matter how tolerant you are actually being nor does it matter how respectful and articulate your explanation/conversation/post/idea/answer really is.

If it goes contrary to what’s being espoused then you will be shut down, shouted down, or just plain silenced.

Discourse is not wanted nor is it encouraged. Group think is wanted. Encouraged. Supported.

1. Desensitize
2. Confuse
3. Convert

That’s how what wasn’t normal, is now jammed down society as normal. Apply to pretty much everything and you will get your answer.
While I agree that that does happen, there was nothing respectful or articulate about hillbillys post.

I don't think I've ever seen him construct a coherent sentence.
Sir
10/28/2019 2:51pm
GuyB wrote:

You could always shut the forums down if you like if moderating them is tiresome. Go on shut them down for a month just as an experiment, I think you would have them back up and running within a week as the internet traffic melts away like an ice cube over a fire and the cold hard reality that the reason Vital MX is the biggest motocross website on the internet is solely down to the forums. Not the stories or the pictures or the tests and shootouts but the forums.

The banter, the disagreements and arguments, the opinions and bike questions and builds, the racing, the weirdos offering gear cleaning services, POLITICS and RELIGION, Tomac v Herlings and so much more, all here readily available for our viewing and commenting pleasure. THAT is what makes Vital MX number one and no other reason.

So quit meddling and let a post and the replies run their course and the forums will sort themselves out.
KMC440
10/28/2019 2:55pm
GuyB wrote:

I will not sit idly by and have you call us intolerant !!!
Angry
CM_84
10/28/2019 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 10/28/2019 2:59pm
GuyB wrote:

Sir wrote:
You could always shut the forums down if you like if moderating them is tiresome. Go on shut them down for a month just as an...
You could always shut the forums down if you like if moderating them is tiresome. Go on shut them down for a month just as an experiment, I think you would have them back up and running within a week as the internet traffic melts away like an ice cube over a fire and the cold hard reality that the reason Vital MX is the biggest motocross website on the internet is solely down to the forums. Not the stories or the pictures or the tests and shootouts but the forums.

The banter, the disagreements and arguments, the opinions and bike questions and builds, the racing, the weirdos offering gear cleaning services, POLITICS and RELIGION, Tomac v Herlings and so much more, all here readily available for our viewing and commenting pleasure. THAT is what makes Vital MX number one and no other reason.

So quit meddling and let a post and the replies run their course and the forums will sort themselves out.
Or they just run the forum/website as they want.
We are all more than welcome to not visit/post if we don’t like how they run the place.
GIwasB4
10/28/2019 3:00pm
so Hillbilly deleted himself?
OldPro277
10/28/2019 3:05pm
KMC440 wrote:
I will not sit idly by and have you call us intolerant !!!
Angry
LOL Grinning
OldPro277
10/28/2019 3:08pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
so Hillbilly deleted himself?
Sounds that way--- is there a name for that,lol ??
TXDirt
10/28/2019 3:11pm
GuyB wrote:

Sir wrote:
You could always shut the forums down if you like if moderating them is tiresome. Go on shut them down for a month just as an...

CM_84 wrote:
Or they just run the forum/website as they want. We are all more than welcome to not visit/post if we don’t like how they run the...
Or they just run the forum/website as they want.
We are all more than welcome to not visit/post if we don’t like how they run the place.
You could also not read or post in a thread so as to avoid getting yourself extra triggered.

Post a reply to: So Hillbillies thread got deleted.

The Latest