Shark Attack in Corona Del Mar

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
Edited Date/Time 6/1/2016 10:58pm
Well.......shit. I actually didn't mind the shark "Sightings" from last summer. There's always been sharks around here. That's nothing new. But now there's a lot more of them, and we're starting to hear about more attacks. Growing up it was never really a thought, never saw them for the most part, and never heard of any attacks (at least in So Cal) Last year a shark ate a swimmer in Encinitas ? or Luecadia ? Maybe it was La Jolla I don't remember but it was very rare to hear that around here. And now one in Corona Del Mar. Last year they (Lifeguards) said they were seeing "Lots of juvenile Great Whites", I guess they're getting bigger ? Hope they don't develop an appetite for humans...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/beach-717631-shark-woman.html
|
agn5009
6/1/2016 12:27am
There was a shark attack on the east coast this week too. I live in PA, and I'm going to Delaware in a few weeks. It's going to be impossible keeping my 2 year old out of the water so I'll have to suck it up and go in but it's only going to be knee deep. I'll hit a 150 jump on my dirtbike, sky dive, and be the first to do about anything. I'm not generally afraid of anything, other than losing loved ones. But I HATE the ocean.

I'd cry like a little girl if I ever got tossed off of a boat into the ocean. Fuck that noise.
rubarb
6/1/2016 10:58pm
It was 2008, 150 yards off Solana Beach, veterinarian doctor scored a chomp in the mid section died of loss of blood prior to reaching the shoreline.

As for this last weekend, seems like the news reported a seal bite, but it was nothing like a seal bite, friend on scene said that it looked like murder scene

Found this to be fitting...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGFH2f3GVJs/
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
6/7/2016 7:14am
So it seems like it's a daily thing now to have some beach in So Cal closed because of a shark sighting. Good thing great whites are protected right ? In other news this morning they interviewed the lady who was bitten in CDM, I shit you not this is what she said, "The only reason I'm alive is because I'm so fit that the shark couldn't chew through my muscles"........ yeah ok lady whatever you say there chief. Holy shit hahahahahahaha. Un-fuckin believable Huh
jamma10
6/7/2016 7:38am
There have been two fatalities in South Western Australia in the past week. A Surfer died after having his leg bitten off on friday and a women was killed by a shark while diving at the weekend. Both happened in the Perth area so you have to wonder if was the same shark.

A woman was also eaten by a Croc while late night swimming in Australia about a week or two ago.

The Shop

JW381
6/7/2016 8:02am
sumdood wrote:
Well.......shit. I actually didn't mind the shark "Sightings" from last summer. There's always been sharks around here. That's nothing new. But now there's a lot more...
Well.......shit. I actually didn't mind the shark "Sightings" from last summer. There's always been sharks around here. That's nothing new. But now there's a lot more of them, and we're starting to hear about more attacks. Growing up it was never really a thought, never saw them for the most part, and never heard of any attacks (at least in So Cal) Last year a shark ate a swimmer in Encinitas ? or Luecadia ? Maybe it was La Jolla I don't remember but it was very rare to hear that around here. And now one in Corona Del Mar. Last year they (Lifeguards) said they were seeing "Lots of juvenile Great Whites", I guess they're getting bigger ? Hope they don't develop an appetite for humans...

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/beach-717631-shark-woman.html
I hear that. Something about how vast it is coupled with all the crazy things swimming under you that you usually can't even see. Scuba diving was a fuckin trip.
SF45
6/7/2016 8:10am
I got bit on the ankle by an otter or a seal, ever since then, I'll stick to pools.
Prairieboy43
6/7/2016 8:48am
When I scuba dive. Sometimes little dog sharks nip at my fins. 1'-2' shark.they can be aggressive in a pack (school). Went diving about 100' down. Crossed paths with two 6 gill shark (10'-15'). They are docile. Face your fears. In my case it's sharks. Woohoo
Cygnus
6/7/2016 8:58am
Time to start fishing for sharks again. This whole don't kill the Sharks BS is just that. Back when me. Hunted and killed sharks we didn't have these problems. We will never kill enough to make them extinct. They brought back gator hunts time for sharks.

Post a reply to: Shark Attack in Corona Del Mar

The Latest