Setting sail around the world with $90.00

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2018 12:18 PM

What's the worst that could happen?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5374453/Couple-sailboat-rescued-lose-boat-sinks.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

We sold everything to do this and lost it in 20 minutes': Couple, who ditched their lives to move to a 28-foot sailboat despite having no experience on the water, have to be rescued when their boat SINKS two days in

|

2/10/2018 2:15 PM

They should consider themselves lucky they didn’t make it far enough to encounter pirates. Not Disney world pirates; pirates that don’t acknowledge “safe spaces.”

Poor little dog.

|

2/10/2018 5:02 PM

I have a friend that did this. Difference is he had time on the water. Him and his wife left their good paying jobs, sold everything and hit the seas... with their toddlers. Crazy adventure and just plain crazy

|

2/10/2018 5:10 PM

Photo

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

2/10/2018 5:30 PM

Sailing is good times. Even though i am a third generation fishing guide, we spent equal amount of time sailing. We always troll while we sail too. No exhaust in the water so we catch lots of fish. Nothing like a calm beautiful relaxing sail interupted by drag screeming chaos.
Photo

|

2/10/2018 5:36 PM

FLmxer wrote:

Sailing is good times. Even though i am a third generation fishing guide, we spent equal amount of time sailing. We always troll while we sail too. No exhaust in the water so we catch lots of fish. Nothing like a calm beautiful relaxing sail interupted by drag screeming chaos.
Photo

Now that's the kind of boat you sail the open ocean with. The fact these dummies thought they could do it in a 28 footer shows just how delusional they are.

Is the first picture you posted their boat? Did they really sink in 23 meter deep water? That's not even open ocean depth.

|

2/10/2018 6:27 PM

Along the same topic, if you haven't checked out 'Chasing Bubbles' it's a pretty inspiring story and worth a watch.

Here:

|

2/10/2018 7:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2018 7:35 PM

Sully wrote:

Now that's the kind of boat you sail the open ocean with. The fact these dummies thought they could do it in a 28 footer shows just how delusional they are.

Is the first picture you posted their boat? Did they really sink in 23 meter deep water? That's not even open ocean depth.

No that picture is just a random picture of a sunk sailboat. Nice school of fish off the bow too. Probably grouper and snappers.

|

2/11/2018 10:01 AM

It seemed like a good idea at the time. Quick, somebody save them from their own irresponsibility and set up a GoFundMe

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/11/2018 12:31 PM

The funny thing is that the story is reported "they sold their house and everything they own to buy their boat".
It's $5K people. When I heard this on the radio, I was thinking it's like a $250K boat. Then it comes out $5k.
Stupid is as stupid does, I think that's the saying. What morons!
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool

2/13/2018 7:15 PM

FLmxer wrote:

Photo

Nice Ketch.
One should know more than a google site before they sail offshore.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

2/15/2018 7:00 AM

Hell maybe you can talk them into to getting surgically implanted gills on their neck.

|

GP740
Since 1987