Seriously, abusing kids like this is wrong, fanatics!

J.F.S
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:22pm
|
huck
5/4/2010 9:47am
Seems like they were teaching those kids right to me. Some day......
J.F.S
5/4/2010 10:12am
huck wrote:
Dude, please tell me you are joking!
flarider
5/4/2010 10:20am
I get the Answers in Genesis newsletters every other month or so.
My Aunt works for them, so lucky me, I am on the mail list

The Shop

huck
5/4/2010 10:27am
huck wrote:
J.F.S wrote:
Who are you to tell people how to raise their children?

If you want to raise your kids as Atheists, that's up to you. I choose to raise mine in a Christian home, with Christian beliefs.

J.F.S
5/4/2010 10:44am
huck wrote:
J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:
Who are you to tell people how to raise their children? If you want to raise your kids as Atheists, that's up to you. I choose...

If you want to raise your kids as Atheists, that's up to you. I choose to raise mine in a Christian home, with Christian beliefs.

I am an adult with an education, why would I not protest when I see this wrong shit. We can not allow people to just do whatever to their kids, we have to have certain standards. I would tell people not to hit their kids too, I think it is our responsibility to make sure kids all over the world get the best upbringing and education they can get regardless who their parents are. I dont raise my kids as atheists, I certainly would never put them in an auditorium with some atheist dude preaching to them. My kids can chose for themselves when they are old and mature enough, what they want to believe in or not believe in.
huck
5/4/2010 10:54am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 1:06pm
J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:
Who are you to tell people how to raise their children? If you want to raise your kids as Atheists, that's up to you. I choose...

J.F.S wrote:
I am an adult with an education, why would I not protest when I see this wrong shit. We can not allow people to just do...
I am an adult with an education, why would I not protest when I see this wrong shit. We can not allow people to just do whatever to their kids, we have to have certain standards. I would tell people not to hit their kids too, I think it is our responsibility to make sure kids all over the world get the best upbringing and education they can get regardless who their parents are. I dont raise my kids as atheists, I certainly would never put them in an auditorium with some atheist dude preaching to them. My kids can chose for themselves when they are old and mature enough, what they want to believe in or not believe in.
Come on man, I thought Liberals were all for people making their own decisions.

You think this as wrong, a lot of people see it as right. It's a difference of opinions. Just like gun rights....

There is no doubt in my mind that I didn't come from "monkeys". I believe that we were created by a higher power.

Some day, one of us will be wrong. If I'm wrong...I decompose and stay dead. If you're wrong......

J.F.S
5/4/2010 10:59am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 11:02am
huck wrote:

J.F.S wrote:
I am an adult with an education, why would I not protest when I see this wrong shit. We can not allow people to just do...
huck wrote:
Come on man, I thought Liberals were all for people making their own decisions. You think this as wrong, a lot of people see it as...

You think this as wrong, a lot of people see it as right. It's a difference of opinions. Just like gun rights....

There is no doubt in my mind that I didn't come from "monkeys". I believe that we were created by a higher power.

Some day, one of us will be wrong. If I'm wrong...I decompose and stay dead. If you're wrong......

Why would that higher power make sure all science speak against that higher power, you have to admit the earth is not flat dude, please? You have to admit there were dinosaurs, pretty please! You have to admit you believe the earth is older than a few thousand years, seriously!
Tom_joad
5/4/2010 11:35am
"its easy to explain to your children....."

pretty much sums it up!
J.F.S
5/4/2010 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 12:54pm
huck wrote:

J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:
Come on man, I thought Liberals were all for people making their own decisions. You think this as wrong, a lot of people see it as...

BTW, I am all for people making their own decisions and that is one many reasons why i am horrified by that shit. In order to make decision of your own you need the tools to do so. That shit takes away all tools to make decisions, that shit tells kids, using stupid, rudimentary and moronic rhetoric that there is only one right way and the amazing thing is that the way they are preaching is clearly wrong! Talk about NOT letting people making their own decisions!
huck
5/4/2010 1:09pm
J.F.S wrote:
Why would that higher power make sure all science speak against that higher power, you have to admit the earth is not flat dude, please? You...
Why would that higher power make sure all science speak against that higher power, you have to admit the earth is not flat dude, please? You have to admit there were dinosaurs, pretty please! You have to admit you believe the earth is older than a few thousand years, seriously!
Maybe it is. In the Bible it says that God created the earth in 6 days. Who's to say that 1 day for Him, is not 100,000 years for us?

How would you explain "evolution"...when there are no"missing links"?

huck
5/4/2010 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 1:11pm
J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:

J.F.S wrote:
BTW, I am all for people making their own decisions and that is one many reasons why i am horrified by that shit. In order to...
BTW, I am all for people making their own decisions and that is one many reasons why i am horrified by that shit. In order to make decision of your own you need the tools to do so. That shit takes away all tools to make decisions, that shit tells kids, using stupid, rudimentary and moronic rhetoric that there is only one right way and the amazing thing is that the way they are preaching is clearly wrong! Talk about NOT letting people making their own decisions!
Tell you what (gun and Christian fearing liberal), I'll raise MY children to best way I see fit, and you do the same. I'll worry about my own, and you do the same.
flarider
5/4/2010 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:36pm
What a coincidence...look what arrived in my mail today (Right click>view image - to see larger)

A message from God?

J.F.S
5/4/2010 1:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 1:24pm
huck wrote:

J.F.S wrote:
BTW, I am all for people making their own decisions and that is one many reasons why i am horrified by that shit. In order to...
huck wrote:
Tell you what (gun and Christian fearing liberal), I'll raise MY children to best way I see fit, and you do the same. I'll worry about...
Tell you what (gun and Christian fearing liberal), I'll raise MY children to best way I see fit, and you do the same. I'll worry about my own, and you do the same.
Where do you draw the line though? If an incest practicing pedophile tells you "I´ll raise my children the way I see fit" do you then say, ok? There has to be some standards on how to raise kids, I mean kids can be taken out of a parents custody, so you dont live in a society where you can just to as you want, lets face it. I dont see this as fit, it is totally inappropriate in my mind, to do this to kids. I dont fear guns, hence I dont need to own one, you gun owners say you are afraid of other people with guns and need them for protection. I dont fear christianity more than you fear Batman, that does not mean I have to tell kids Batman exists and what everyone else says is wrong.
huck
5/4/2010 1:28pm
J.F.S wrote:
Where do you draw the line though? If an incest practicing pedophile tells you "I´ll raise my children the way I see fit" do you then...
Where do you draw the line though? If an incest practicing pedophile tells you "I´ll raise my children the way I see fit" do you then say, ok? There has to be some standards on how to raise kids, I mean kids can be taken out of a parents custody, so you dont live in a society where you can just to as you want, lets face it. I dont see this as fit, it is totally inappropriate in my mind, to do this to kids. I dont fear guns, hence I dont need to own one, you gun owners say you are afraid of other people with guns and need them for protection. I dont fear christianity more than you fear Batman, that does not mean I have to tell kids Batman exists and what everyone else says is wrong.
Talk about an extremist!!!

bigcat
5/4/2010 1:31pm
J.F.S wrote:
Where do you draw the line though? If an incest practicing pedophile tells you "I´ll raise my children the way I see fit" do you then...
So are you against all religions,or just Christianity?
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
5/4/2010 1:35pm
J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:

JFS is a nutjob dude, whether god exists or not shouldn't even be questioned. Either way it's not his choice or his business how someone raises their kids or what they teach them. There are laws to protect kids you don't teach what is against the law, why that is so hard for him only God knows...... or Dave maybe, he knows everything.
J.F.S
5/4/2010 1:38pm
J.F.S wrote:
bigcat wrote:
I think religions are dumb, some dumber than others. It also depends on how you present them, the way the Talibans extremists present islam is alot dumber than how Cat Stevens does it, the way these guys present creationism or christianity if you will is also dumb. I am against teaching kids dumb shit, I am agains taliban camps for kids as well. So it is not only christianity. I am sure there are dumb and inappropriate people preaching all religions, the dumbest ones are usually preaching in these new found sects or these offspring religions.
Racer92
5/4/2010 1:38pm
bigcat wrote:
He never starts threads showing brainwashing of kids by Muslims or other religions. It is en vogue to bash Christians right now. And dont you dare poke fun at Muslims lest your cartoon satire show get censored in the name of political correctness.
J.F.S
5/4/2010 1:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 1:53pm
J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:

Crash82 wrote:
JFS is a nutjob dude, whether god exists or not shouldn't even be questioned. Either way it's not his choice or his business how someone raises...
JFS is a nutjob dude, whether god exists or not shouldn't even be questioned. Either way it's not his choice or his business how someone raises their kids or what they teach them. There are laws to protect kids you don't teach what is against the law, why that is so hard for him only God knows...... or Dave maybe, he knows everything.
Hold on, I am the one who does not believe the earth is flat, I do believe dinosaurs existed, I do believe the earth is older than five thousand years and I am the nutjob??? LMFAO I can fucking prove to you the earth is not flat and you still say you believe that shit, I can prove to you that dinosaurs existed and that the earth is older than five thousand years. Honestly, if you believe the shit these people are trying to teach those kids, you are the nutjob, that is fact, really! Dude "should not be questioned" that sounds like an pretty fucking fundamentalist thing to say.
txmxer
5/4/2010 1:47pm
J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:

J.F.S wrote:
Why would that higher power make sure all science speak against that higher power, you have to admit the earth is not flat dude, please? You...
they are behemoths.

and remember:

Bible says it
I believes it
that settles it.

Of course, the Bible says a lot of things...many contradictory. But, I have my preacher to tell me what parts I believe, so I'm good.
J.F.S
5/4/2010 1:48pm
bigcat wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
He never starts threads showing brainwashing of kids by Muslims or other religions. It is en vogue to bash Christians right now. And dont you dare...
He never starts threads showing brainwashing of kids by Muslims or other religions. It is en vogue to bash Christians right now. And dont you dare poke fun at Muslims lest your cartoon satire show get censored in the name of political correctness.
Finally an intelligent person who acknowledges that this type of shit is brainwashing.
FIREfish148
5/4/2010 1:58pm
Its good to think for yourself, but i think the intentions of the video were good. I wouldnt use the word abuse to describe it. Its more of a mental jail the kids are stuck in. It can be damaging though to be taught extreems though. I used to go to youth group a couple times when i was 14-16 and i remember thinking damn i cant wait till i get the fuck outta here so i can go bavk to being a menace.
My gripe with the whole shit is the self righteous people who act like its a cult, and "your going to hell if you dont go to church" bullshit. Otherwise i think its good for kids to have some type of structure growing up. The song sucked too.
Racer92
5/4/2010 1:58pm
J.F.S wrote:
Finally an intelligent person who acknowledges that this type of shit is brainwashing.
In practice I guess you could say it is indeed brainwashing. It is done with religion, patriotism/nationalism, cultures, all kind of different things. The debate is whether any one of those is a good thing or not.
J.F.S
5/4/2010 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 2:07pm
J.F.S wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
In practice I guess you could say it is indeed brainwashing. It is done with religion, patriotism/nationalism, cultures, all kind of different things. The debate is...
In practice I guess you could say it is indeed brainwashing. It is done with religion, patriotism/nationalism, cultures, all kind of different things. The debate is whether any one of those is a good thing or not.
Its not a good thing and if I was a christian I would really not defend this, because it would make my religion look bad, I would be even more upset with this shit if I was a christian than I would if I belonged to any other religion or no religion. I think alot of muslims are upset when bad shit is done in the name of Islam, shockingly enough some christians on here defend this shit, I am baffled!
Titan1
5/4/2010 2:16pm
Science answers the "how" questions in life....religion answers the "why" questions...

If evolution is ever 100% without a doubt proven, then that is the process God choose to "create" humans and everything else.

I don't believe science and religion contradict each other, I believe they compliment each other.

Having said that, I wouldn't want my kids in that kind of setting. No way no how. And I love Jesus as much as anyone.
Racer92
5/4/2010 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 2:18pm
J.F.S wrote:
Its not a good thing and if I was a christian I would really not defend this, because it would make my religion look bad, I...
Its not a good thing and if I was a christian I would really not defend this, because it would make my religion look bad, I would be even more upset with this shit if I was a christian than I would if I belonged to any other religion or no religion. I think alot of muslims are upset when bad shit is done in the name of Islam, shockingly enough some christians on here defend this shit, I am baffled!
Dude, you are posting on an American based website that caters mainly to AMA racing and American dirt bike enthusiasts. What do you expect to read? Buddhist stuff? Go post on a Iranian/Saudi website about the Muslim faith and you will find supporters of that faith who no doubt will tell you stuff and defend their faith with the same enthusiasm. You find this surprising what you read here? Honestly? It is what it is, relax!

Speaking in words of wisdom, let it be.
motogeezer
5/4/2010 2:46pm
J.F.S wrote:
huck wrote:

J.F.S wrote:
It's terrible that those people are brainwashing their kids, and denying them a proper education.

Worse than that, they don't know they're doing it.

My wife is a Christian, so our kids were baptized and raised Christian from birth, until they were old enough to decide what makes sense to them.

They both have IQs over 130, so creationism and Noah's ark went out the window shortly after Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

My 18 year old is an atheist, and my 16 year old is on the fence (he occasionally goes to church, but I think he's just going to meet girls).

Both kids have great moral character, due to the wife and I teaching them restraint, humility, self respect, and respect for others.

These values are universal, not the copy-righted tenets of any one religion.

If Huck or anyone else wants to call them "Christian Values", that's fine.

They are Christian values.

They're also the values of just about every other religion, and well adjusted atheists.Cool

Teaching your children Bible stories is not a bad thing.

Teaching them that humans and dinosaurs lived on Earth together six thousand years ago is just plain wrong.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/4/2010 3:11pm
Not one of you can prove what they are teaching to be false.
J.F.S
5/4/2010 3:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/4/2010 3:25pm
I think these values and morals are human values and behaviors, not christian, these are values that evolved because we have to co exist, the values that do not work good together with co existing we call bad and try to get away from. If we could not distinguish what is good or evil without god, how would we then have known that satan was the evil guy and god was the good guy and chosen god? I think the christians take way too much credit for our values and moral when in fact these values are just behavior that evolved as we we did. These values are quite universal as well, regardless of religion, the only time these values and morals seem to be ignored is with religious fundamentalists. These religious fundamentalists, they lie, steal, kill, they are greedy, you name it, they do it, obviously they even lie to kids.

Post a reply to: Seriously, abusing kids like this is wrong, fanatics!

The Latest