Serena Williams

rpoint116
Edited Date/Time 9/16/2018 5:36am
To one of the best athletes of all time...Stay Classy!
|
Sully
9/9/2018 12:36am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2018 3:40am
I think Serena is probably the greatest tennis player of all time, male or female, but I’m pissed that the USTA is making it about her loss instead of celebrating Naomi Osaka’s win. ‘Fans’ were actually booing the poor kid for beating Serena.
She’s the first Japanese player to win the Open, she beat her idol to do it, AND she’s only 20 years old.
rpoint116
9/9/2018 1:15am
Sully wrote:
I think Serena is probably the greatest tennis player of all time, male or female, but I’m pissed that the USTA is making it about her...
I think Serena is probably the greatest tennis player of all time, male or female, but I’m pissed that the USTA is making it about her loss instead of celebrating Naomi Osaka’s win. ‘Fans’ were actually booing the poor kid for beating Serena.
She’s the first Japanese player to win the Open, she beat her idol to do it, AND she’s only 20 years old.
Absolutely!
hillbilly
9/9/2018 4:20am
Can't carry any cash while jogging but can carry a phone the size of a 8 track to go get the cash,

Yeah,world makes sense.

hillbilly
9/9/2018 5:59am
Sully wrote:
I think Serena is probably the greatest tennis player of all time, male or female, but I’m pissed that the USTA is making it about her...
rpoint116 wrote:
Absolutely!
Which William's hid from the random piss test and called the police?

The Shop

9/9/2018 6:17am
Not a follower of tennis, was she given a more harsh punishment than her male counterparts?
Bob693
9/9/2018 6:23am
Not a follower of tennis, was she given a more harsh punishment than her male counterparts?
No, the same ref has given the same code violations to men. Serena is just trying to make this a sexist thing. The ref gave Djokovic a violation for slamming his racket at Wilbledon this year.
TXDirt
9/9/2018 6:26am
Sully wrote:
Great women's player but would get destroyed by any man in the top 100. So how can she be greatest tennis player of all time? Not throwing shade her way. She is the greatest women's player of all time. But greatest tennis player of all time is a stretch.

She was acting like a petulant child during the game. And then in the after game speech she cloaked her actions in fighting for women's rights.

She called the judge a thief.

Way to keep it classy.
hillbilly
9/9/2018 6:33am
It's tennis guys,tennis. Lol

Don't remember ever watching a match,maybe when John was melting down regularly.

Don't they use rackets now the size of mongos bean skillet?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
9/9/2018 8:28am
She has a long way to go before reaching Johnny macs rants. Embarrassing. Another spoiled, entitled athlete throwing a fit when things don’t go their way
plowboy
9/9/2018 8:50am
Need some top female athletes to call her out. It's not like something underhanded happened to her behind the scenes...her behavior was broadcast to the world. To be fair though, she's not the first sports superstar to lose their mind.
rpoint116
9/9/2018 8:50am
TXDirt wrote:
Great women's player but would get destroyed by any man in the top 100. So how can she be greatest tennis player of all time? Not...
Great women's player but would get destroyed by any man in the top 100. So how can she be greatest tennis player of all time? Not throwing shade her way. She is the greatest women's player of all time. But greatest tennis player of all time is a stretch.

She was acting like a petulant child during the game. And then in the after game speech she cloaked her actions in fighting for women's rights.

She called the judge a thief.

Way to keep it classy.
I’m not doing the whole male-female thing. I honestly think she is one of the dominant athletes I have ever seen. Her and her sisters story is amazing. I enjoy watching the women’s majors.

Having said that, how she often acts is embarrassing and disgusting.
APLMAN99
9/9/2018 9:02am
hillbilly wrote:
Can't carry any cash while jogging but can carry a phone the size of a 8 track to go get the cash,

Yeah,world makes sense.

Not sure that this post makes sense either. What is it in reference to?
APLMAN99
9/9/2018 9:06am
She was definitely over the line. Her coach admitted that they were using signals. She really went nutty when she claimed that she couldn’t be cheating because she had a daughter.
hillbilly
9/9/2018 9:14am
hillbilly wrote:

Yeah,world makes sense.

APLMAN99 wrote:
Not sure that this post makes sense either. What is it in reference to?
A commercial that plays ever break during NBC autoraces

plowboy
9/9/2018 10:30am
I'm pretty sure the corporate sponsors have "ethics/conduct" clauses in the athletes contracts. I know, I know...the corporate sponsors would have to put ethics before profit in the first place. Which probably won't happen. Never mind...pretend I didn't say anything.
9/9/2018 10:44am
Bob693 wrote:
No, the same ref has given the same code violations to men. Serena is just trying to make this a sexist thing. The ref gave Djokovic...
No, the same ref has given the same code violations to men. Serena is just trying to make this a sexist thing. The ref gave Djokovic a violation for slamming his racket at Wilbledon this year.
Pretty pathetic in that case, but then when you put an athlete above the sport expect them to act accordingly
plowboy
9/9/2018 11:33am
Bob693 wrote:
No, the same ref has given the same code violations to men. Serena is just trying to make this a sexist thing. The ref gave Djokovic...
Pretty pathetic in that case, but then when you put an athlete above the sport expect them to act accordingly
/\ /\...what this guy said.Wink
Ebs
9/9/2018 11:46am
Don't overwhelm us with details or anything about what went down.

I looked it up, for my fellow cave dwellers and tennis outsiders:

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/9/2018 12:00pm
Surprised it hasn’t turned into a “race” thing...probably will within the next day or so when the social justice warriors chime in...
APLMAN99
9/9/2018 12:08pm
Brad460 wrote:
Surprised it hasn’t turned into a “race” thing...probably will within the next day or so when the social justice warriors chime in...
True, hasn't been a racial thing like you apparently see it as.....
plowboy
9/9/2018 12:42pm
Brad460 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Hmm, I didn't get that from his post.
APLMAN99
9/9/2018 12:45pm
Brad460 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Hmm, I didn't get that from his post.
Not an issue, he’s disappointed, tries to make it an issue.

Pretty simple.
borg
9/9/2018 12:57pm
I don't quite get the argument from Serena that she was accused of cheating. She knows the rules. Her coach was coaching from the stands. She received a warning, which is what they do. It's a stupid rule to penalize the player even if it's just a warning but that's the rule. Then smashing the racket brought the point penalty, which she had coming. She was still ahead in the set but chose to keep on harping on the guy for calling her a cheater which he did not do. I don't understand why she kept it up.
plowboy
9/9/2018 1:00pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Not an issue, he’s disappointed, tries to make it an issue.

Pretty simple.
I can't say I didn't have the same thought cross my mind. I don't follow tennis at all. I don't know if Serenas actions are common for the sport. As long as the penalties/punishments are fairly administered no matter the sex/race then this should not be an issue. Just another instance of a superstar going batshit crazy in public. I do remember McEnroe...can't believe he wasn't banned from the sport. It was entertaining when I was a kid but in retrospect...he was a tool.
9/9/2018 1:18pm
I couldn't imagine being in that situation, but if she would have just let it go after the first one she wouldn't have suffered the consequences. It's like arguing with your parents when you're a young kid. You learn to just shut up and take the first punishment eventually
Ebs
9/9/2018 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2018 1:38pm
They interviewed the guy who is Serena coach and had the 'coaching' call made against. Said it's the first time in his career he's had a penalty called on him for that and anything he was doing is pretty standard issue for most any other coach in the stands.

If it's true, I could see getting pretty heated about that when you're in a big finals match and the official makes some bush league playground call.

But you would also think an experience pro would know how to put it aside and focus and not come off the rails about it.
KMC440
9/9/2018 1:43pm
First win in the Open for a Japanese player and she got boo'd like crazy then looked like she wanted to die getting the award. Fuck tennis fags that was total shit!!! Fuck Serena and her huge whiny ass!!!
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/9/2018 2:15pm
Too much non-play related drama in sports these days.
Nighttrain
9/9/2018 2:22pm
hillbilly wrote:
Which William's hid from the random piss test and called the police?
Serena hid in a panic room in her estate when the drug testers knocked on the door. Professional tennis has some of the most slack PED testing protocols and punishments in international sports that it’s almost a joke to watch them play a match.

Post a reply to: Serena Williams

The Latest