Seen any bad movies lately?

TXDirt
3/31/2020 10:13am
whyZ wrote:
I have DirecTV, don't do Netflix, or any of the streaming stuff. For whatever reason DirecTV has opened up premium channels, last week it was HBO...
I have DirecTV, don't do Netflix, or any of the streaming stuff. For whatever reason DirecTV has opened up premium channels, last week it was HBO, this week Starz. With my usual channel surfing, I would occasionally scroll and see what was playing. Sat through a couple movies I normally wouldn't watch, but were ones to see when they were released.

The Big Lewboski; (sp?), it wasn't too bad, Jeff Bridges played the roll pretty good. John Goodman is always good in
whatever roll he plays. It was mildly entertaining.

8 Mile: Good gracious...how depressing. Don't know much about rapping, but I suppose life gut punching you must
be a prerequisite.

Mist: Now I like Sci-Fi movies for the most part, so it kept me entertained pretty much through out. The numerous
grocery store characters were done well. The end however, didn't see that coming...Wow....reminded me of a
Vital thread.
The Big Lebowski is an awesome movie. First time I watched it many years ago I only thought it was so so. I watched it several more times since then and came to like it much more. It’s really a great movie. It’s got an 8.1/10 rating on IMDB which is very high. Has over 690,000 votes.
G-man
3/31/2020 11:17am
whyZ wrote:
I have DirecTV, don't do Netflix, or any of the streaming stuff. For whatever reason DirecTV has opened up premium channels, last week it was HBO...
I have DirecTV, don't do Netflix, or any of the streaming stuff. For whatever reason DirecTV has opened up premium channels, last week it was HBO, this week Starz. With my usual channel surfing, I would occasionally scroll and see what was playing. Sat through a couple movies I normally wouldn't watch, but were ones to see when they were released.

The Big Lewboski; (sp?), it wasn't too bad, Jeff Bridges played the roll pretty good. John Goodman is always good in
whatever roll he plays. It was mildly entertaining.

8 Mile: Good gracious...how depressing. Don't know much about rapping, but I suppose life gut punching you must
be a prerequisite.

Mist: Now I like Sci-Fi movies for the most part, so it kept me entertained pretty much through out. The numerous
grocery store characters were done well. The end however, didn't see that coming...Wow....reminded me of a
Vital thread.
TXDirt wrote:
The Big Lebowski is an awesome movie. First time I watched it many years ago I only thought it was so so. I watched it several...
The Big Lebowski is an awesome movie. First time I watched it many years ago I only thought it was so so. I watched it several more times since then and came to like it much more. It’s really a great movie. It’s got an 8.1/10 rating on IMDB which is very high. Has over 690,000 votes.
Yep what he said we love The Big Lebowski it's a definite cult movie and the more you watch it the funnier it is, especially after a few drinks! Woohoo

There's some people who don't like bad santa I also thought that was hilarious then of course there's the dirt bike movie winners take all it was so bad it was great!! Sideways
KDXGarage
4/2/2020 12:41am
KDXGarage wrote:
some recent movie on Netflix with Liev Schriber about modifying humans to live on one of Jupiter's moons It was one where you keep telling yourself...
some recent movie on Netflix with Liev Schriber about modifying humans to live on one of Jupiter's moons

It was one where you keep telling yourself it is going to get better, then toward the end, you make yourself watch all of it.
"The Titan"

Add to it two more stinkers:

The Enemy (acceptable until the ending)

The Platform (consistently sucky)
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
4/4/2020 7:52pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Holy shit. I watched that POS with my wife last night and was on this thread to add, The Kitchen. Hoping 1917 is good since tonight...
Holy shit. I watched that POS with my wife last night and was on this thread to add, The Kitchen.
Hoping 1917 is good since tonight I pick the movie.

I just finished 1917, I thought it was good.

The Shop

71Fish
4/5/2020 7:35am
KDXGarage wrote:
some recent movie on Netflix with Liev Schriber about modifying humans to live on one of Jupiter's moons It was one where you keep telling yourself...
some recent movie on Netflix with Liev Schriber about modifying humans to live on one of Jupiter's moons

It was one where you keep telling yourself it is going to get better, then toward the end, you make yourself watch all of it.
KDXGarage wrote:
"The Titan"

The Platform is on my list to watch. Bad?
KDXGarage
4/7/2020 11:26am
KDXGarage wrote:

KDXGarage wrote:
"The Titan"

71Fish wrote:
The Platform is on my list to watch. Bad?
REAL BAD
Chance1216
4/7/2020 8:30pm
FRACTURED!!!! I got to the point where I just ended up fast forwarding to the end.
rongi#401
4/9/2020 12:34am
Chance1216 wrote:
Wife talked me into watching Sex in the City with her this weekend. I gave in after several, I always watch the races with you and...
Wife talked me into watching Sex in the City with her this weekend. I gave in after several, I always watch the races with you and your freakin Discovery Channel shows. It was pure misery.
rongi#401 wrote:
It’s sex And the city
Chance1216 wrote:
You obviously paid more attention to it then I did. Soooo, what’s up with that booty worm on your profile pic?
Hahaha I only know that because it’s a Mandela effect is people think it’s sex in the city, same goes for “mirror mirror on the wall” is actually “magic mirror on the wall” and “Luke, I am your father” is actually “no, I am your father”

And the worm I found the picture in my girls sisters yearbook some kid drew it
crowe176
4/18/2020 7:49pm
Bump.. Fantasy Island, the movie, is idiotic. I remember watching the TV show when I was a kid, but I don't remember enough about it to know if this movie correlates with the original series or not, but the movie is super dumb.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/15/2020 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/16/2020 9:12am
The Jesus Rolls. Don't waste your time.
ElliotB16
7/16/2020 7:00am
It seems like 90% of movies on Netflix are all depressing/end of the world movies. Lots of bad movies on there
7/16/2020 12:23pm
Stumbled across and watched the newer Fantastic 4 movie. I didn't even know it existed before that. What a pile.......
ProKawi24
7/16/2020 2:43pm
My fiance is a huge horror movie buff. That movie "The Nun" is now on HBO and we watched it last weekend...absolute piece of shit. The trailer is deceiving and the CGI is unbearable. Terrible story and acting.

Really looking forward to The Conjuring 3 though, the first 2 were awesome. Just hoping they don't overdo the CGI like the Nun movie and ruin it.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/16/2020 3:44pm
Will Ferrell “Down Hill”. It was horrible. Some of his movies I hate the first time then rewatch and love. Pretty sure not this time.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/16/2020 5:39pm
500guy wrote:
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Now this was a decent movie until the end, I won't spoil it for anyone but the ending is a let...
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Now this was a decent movie until the end, I won't spoil it for anyone but the ending is a let down.
Gotta say I really liked that movie but I do agree that the end didn’t do much for me. Definitely worth watching. And I thought 1917 was awesome....seemed so realistic
Ebs
7/16/2020 5:41pm
'Midway' was a bit of a let down, just finally checked it out.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/16/2020 6:28pm
Ebs wrote:
I thought the cgi was poor
TXDirt
7/16/2020 7:37pm
KennyT wrote:
Gotta say I really liked that movie but I do agree that the end didn’t do much for me. Definitely worth watching. And I thought 1917...
Gotta say I really liked that movie but I do agree that the end didn’t do much for me. Definitely worth watching. And I thought 1917 was awesome....seemed so realistic
1917 was very good.
race
7/17/2020 12:08pm
KennyT wrote:
Gotta say I really liked that movie but I do agree that the end didn’t do much for me. Definitely worth watching. And I thought 1917...
TXDirt wrote:
1917 was very good.
Really thought 1917 should have taken Best Picture. That was classic film-making. All the production values, casting, writing, direction were top notch.

Some very clever continuous take tricks by the cinematographer. Loved how the initial assignment given to the two soldiers morphs into an epic odyssey of survival.

Initially I didn't care for Ad Astra, but after having viewed it a few more times it def grew on me. A very non-commercial introspective pace probably doomed it. Would like to have seen a bit more of the few action sequences it featured but can't fault it for production values. Some impressive visuals, good casting, good score.

Ebs
7/17/2020 1:52pm
Ebs wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
It didn't feel like they created a good story around it. They spent a lot of time basically summarizing events of the pacific war, showed a guy kissing his wife goodbye and dropping a bomb on ship, the end.

I would have rather watched a war documentary on all those events instead.

SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/17/2020 2:05pm
Ebs wrote:
SKIDLID wrote:
Ebs wrote:
It didn't feel like they created a good story around it. They spent a lot of time basically summarizing events of the pacific war, showed a...
It didn't feel like they created a good story around it. They spent a lot of time basically summarizing events of the pacific war, showed a guy kissing his wife goodbye and dropping a bomb on ship, the end.

I agree
race
7/17/2020 4:54pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2020 4:55pm
SKIDLID wrote:
Ebs wrote:
It didn't feel like they created a good story around it. They spent a lot of time basically summarizing events of the pacific war, showed a...

SKIDLID wrote:
I agree
Always wonder about movies like this that are gonna cost a bundle unless you can pull it off with CGI. You'd think they would want to see some of the CGI first before deciding to proceed. Who knows? Maybe the budget got cut or they switched the effects company but all in all that was a weak version of Midway.

Even for Roland Emmerich, who is not exactly going to put out anything edgy or take chances, but at least knows how to spin an entertaining yarn, it was just poorly done.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/17/2020 5:08pm
Unless you have 300+ million and two years to make it, CGI is always a bit iffy. I did a couple shows as the Viz Effects Editor "Once Upon a Time" being one and it is a purely thankless job.

If you are bitching about the VFX the show/movie has much bigger issues.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/17/2020 5:31pm
avidchimp wrote:
Unless you have 300+ million and two years to make it, CGI is always a bit iffy. I did a couple shows as the Viz Effects...
Unless you have 300+ million and two years to make it, CGI is always a bit iffy. I did a couple shows as the Viz Effects Editor "Once Upon a Time" being one and it is a purely thankless job.

Do you watch any of the stuff you work on or does working on it kind of ruin the fun/surprise?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/17/2020 5:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2020 5:46pm
avidchimp wrote:
Unless you have 300+ million and two years to make it, CGI is always a bit iffy. I did a couple shows as the Viz Effects...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Do you watch any of the stuff you work on or does working on it kind of ruin the fun/surprise?
I've usually seen each episode of the series I am working on upwards of 30+ times (not including watching dailies for hours on end) before we deliver it, but I always watch them when they air to see how it is when broadcast. I get to work on them in HD and 5.1, so it's always a treat (or horror) to see them at home after they have been mixed and delivered to the Network for air.

As an Editor/Assistant Editor in TV we have zero control once we do final picture lock and turn the show over to the Associate Producer and the mixers. The showrunner always has final approval, but we do a full temp mix with sfx and music at Editor cut that is used as the template during the notes process.

In features it's a lot different, but I haven't Assistant Edited on a feature since "Varsity Blues".
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/17/2020 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2020 7:17pm
Ebs wrote:

SKIDLID wrote:
I agree
race wrote:
Always wonder about movies like this that are gonna cost a bundle unless you can pull it off with CGI. You'd think they would want to...
Always wonder about movies like this that are gonna cost a bundle unless you can pull it off with CGI. You'd think they would want to see some of the CGI first before deciding to proceed. Who knows? Maybe the budget got cut or they switched the effects company but all in all that was a weak version of Midway.

Even for Roland Emmerich, who is not exactly going to put out anything edgy or take chances, but at least knows how to spin an entertaining yarn, it was just poorly done.
I would rather watch the “midway” from the 70’s. Had crappy real effects, the same planes and trucks blowing up. But still a better movie.
peelout
7/20/2020 10:12am
my one year anniversary was yesterday so after we put the kids to bed we jumped on to watch a Rom-Com on Netflix. we picked "How Do You Know" because of it's star studded cast (Paul Rudd, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Jack Nicholson, and more)... fuck me it was horrible. we turned it off after about 50 minutes (it's over 2 hours long). the story just went nowhere, the script was horrible, it wasn't funny at all and it was just an overall mess.

1/10 would not recommend
TXDirt
7/20/2020 8:52pm
peelout wrote:
my one year anniversary was yesterday so after we put the kids to bed we jumped on to watch a Rom-Com on Netflix. we picked "How...
my one year anniversary was yesterday so after we put the kids to bed we jumped on to watch a Rom-Com on Netflix. we picked "How Do You Know" because of it's star studded cast (Paul Rudd, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Jack Nicholson, and more)... fuck me it was horrible. we turned it off after about 50 minutes (it's over 2 hours long). the story just went nowhere, the script was horrible, it wasn't funny at all and it was just an overall mess.

1/10 would not recommend
Have you watched The Wrong Missy on Netflix? If not check it out.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/21/2020 5:44am
peelout wrote:
my one year anniversary was yesterday so after we put the kids to bed we jumped on to watch a Rom-Com on Netflix. we picked "How...

1/10 would not recommend
TXDirt wrote:
Have you watched The Wrong Missy on Netflix? If not check it out.
For a Netflix movie that was surprisingly good

Post a reply to: Seen any bad movies lately?

The Latest