Security cams?

avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
12/6/2018 9:16pm
I have two RING Floodlight cams and a doorbell cam at my place in Lake Arrowhead. The floodlight cams are 1080 and the flood lights are bright. Power is hardwired, but the feed is through wifi, so when the power/internet goes out you have no access. That's the only downside in my experience.

This was taken today, first snow of the season.
early
Fantasy
2212th
12/7/2018 9:41am
Alot of good info in this thread, but I think the take-home point is that if the power is out and the Internet isn't working most people's security systems are useless Sad
cjmx
Fantasy
1187th
12/7/2018 11:23am
Arlo here too. I did a lot of research a couple years ago and Arlo was best suited for me. I got 2 for the price of one at Costco and have been very happy. No fees for cloud storage is a big plus. Easy setup and their app is user friendly. I have alerts sent to my iphone and email. I setup the alert as VIP so it comes through even if my phone is on silent. But yes as stated above without internet they're useless.
12/7/2018 11:28am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 11:29am
early wrote:
Alot of good info in this thread, but I think the take-home point is that if the power is out and the Internet isn't working most...
Alot of good info in this thread, but I think the take-home point is that if the power is out and the Internet isn't working most people's security systems are useless Sad
Not if you got a generac generator.....

I think the point from OP was to monitor the inside of he house so kids can’t throw a huge banger when they’re gone...

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
12/7/2018 11:56am
Not if you got a generac generator..... I think the point from OP was to monitor the inside of he house so kids can’t throw a...

I think the point from OP was to monitor the inside of he house so kids can’t throw a huge banger when they’re gone...
Is your generac NG with automatic start?

I've been thinking about getting some cameras lately. Got an Amazon cloud cam to use as a baby monitor. It works pretty good but there can be connectivity issues. Think I'll pick up some of those wyze cams, for the price seems pretty good and the record locally as well as in the cloud, I like that.
rucka356
12/7/2018 7:51pm
I love mine, CCTV security pros. Great product and excellent customer service. I have to hit them up about every other year when my router or modem crashes
12/7/2018 8:54pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 8:56pm
Not if you got a generac generator..... I think the point from OP was to monitor the inside of he house so kids can’t throw a...

early wrote:
Is your generac NG with automatic start? I've been thinking about getting some cameras lately. Got an Amazon cloud cam to use as a baby monitor...
Is your generac NG with automatic start?

I've been thinking about getting some cameras lately. Got an Amazon cloud cam to use as a baby monitor. It works pretty good but there can be connectivity issues. Think I'll pick up some of those wyze cams, for the price seems pretty good and the record locally as well as in the cloud, I like that.
Yes. Automatically fires up when power is lost. Will run off of natural gas or propane. Fires up weekly for 10 minutes to do an automatic systems check. They’re sweet units. It will power my entire house.
early
Fantasy
2212th
12/7/2018 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 9:25pm
Yes. Automatically fires up when power is lost. Will run off of natural gas or propane. Fires up weekly for 10 minutes to do an automatic...
Yes. Automatically fires up when power is lost. Will run off of natural gas or propane. Fires up weekly for 10 minutes to do an automatic systems check. They’re sweet units. It will power my entire house.
That's badass, you need it up in the snowbelt!

Post a reply to: Security cams?

The Latest