School shooters! 2 thumbs up.

newmann
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 6:49pm
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-09/making-guns-cool-high…

Love seeing responsibility and respect being taught in school.
|
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/9/2015 8:12am
Yes. Education is the best tool.
TailSoHard
7/10/2015 7:10am
My buddies and I started a shooting team in high school that was part of that same organization. We all shot trap for a year, then switched to sporting clays for a couple years. We won the State Championships twice and went to the National Championships in New York in only our second year and took first and third in the sporting clays class and also won the skeet class. My best friend trained at the Olympic training center for about a year and was scheduled to be on the 2008 (I think) Junior Olympic team, but had some health issues before he was able to go... That kid still shoots 99/100 even after we all stopped shooting a couple years back.

It was always funny trying to talk to the school about how we'd be able to legally bring our guns to school so that we could go to practice afterwards. But, after we became national champs, they were a little more lenient Grinning

We all worked at the gun club, but after all the ammo and travelling, it was a reeeeally expensive sport. We were shooting 300-400 rounds every practice, which was usually three days a week... needless to say we all got pretty good at reloading our own shells haha

Damn, this makes me wanna go shoot this weekend
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/10/2015 7:49am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2015 7:50am
When I was in high school in Ponca city you could have a rifle or shotgun on your rear window gun rack in your pickup in the school parking lot,one guy in our speech class did a demonstrative speech on cleaning his hunting rifle in the class and no one thought anything about it, you could also carry your buck knife on your belt on school grounds when buck knifes were a big fad. Worst part was all the CB radios with big antennas that everyone had.
hvaughn88
7/10/2015 7:51am
I had a buddy that got suspended from school for having his shotgun in his truck after he went duck hunting that morning. I guess when you still have your duck boat hooked up to your truck, it's not hard to figure out your gun is probably still in there too, haha.

The Shop

newmann
7/10/2015 8:23am
lostboy819 wrote:
When I was in high school in Ponca city you could have a rifle or shotgun on your rear window gun rack in your pickup in...
When I was in high school in Ponca city you could have a rifle or shotgun on your rear window gun rack in your pickup in the school parking lot,one guy in our speech class did a demonstrative speech on cleaning his hunting rifle in the class and no one thought anything about it, you could also carry your buck knife on your belt on school grounds when buck knifes were a big fad. Worst part was all the CB radios with big antennas that everyone had.
Rear window gun rack? I remember those from high school myself. All they allow now are spice racks....lol. Pussification of America.Wink
IWreckALot
7/10/2015 8:42am
lostboy819 wrote:
When I was in high school in Ponca city you could have a rifle or shotgun on your rear window gun rack in your pickup in...
newmann wrote:
Rear window gun rack? I remember those from high school myself. All they allow now are spice racks....lol. Pussification of America.Wink
Pocket knives became illegal to carry while I was in high school. Still carried one and got nothing more than a "you shouldn't have that" but anymore, they'd probably pursue a felony offense for catching you with it.
BigAl
7/10/2015 11:00am
My buddy is a few years older than me. He said they would take their shotguns and 22's to school and put in the principals closet, get them after school and squirrel hunt on the way home.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/10/2015 7:24pm
These were the rage in the late 70s and everyone carried one at school.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/10/2015 7:27pm
lostboy819 wrote:
newmann wrote:

the_wood109
7/10/2015 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2015 7:35pm
newmann wrote:

I think you have mentioned how much training you've had at some point. It was somewhere around the instructor that got shot in the face by the child they were "teaching"
newmann
7/11/2015 6:20am
newmann wrote:

I think you have mentioned how much training you've had at some point. It was somewhere around the instructor that got shot in the face by...
I think you have mentioned how much training you've had at some point. It was somewhere around the instructor that got shot in the face by the child they were "teaching"
Training? Me? You making stuff up again as I have had no training other than sitting through a CHL class. Wish I had a photo of my target though from class. I got a perfect score...insert pat on back here.Wink

How about a link to the instructor who got shot in the face while "teaching"? I'm sure you will post up the link to the little girl being handed the full auto 45 caliber Uzi.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Non-Moto,21/9-year-old-girls-amp-Uzi,1275…
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
7/11/2015 6:39am
lostboy819 wrote:
These were the rage in the late 70s and everyone carried one at school. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/07/10/97308/s1200_buck_110_folding_lock_back_knife_2282_p.jpg[/img]
These were the rage in the late 70s and everyone carried one at school.

Ha, I still have mine, but it's the earlier model that still had the hard corners.
TM
newmann
7/11/2015 7:33am
Youngest son has my old classic Buck in his collection these days.

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/11/2015 9:45am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 6:23pm
mine is showing 35 years of use and abuse.Blush as you can see I broke off the tip digging a slug out of a tree and had to regrind the blade the make it work again.

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
7/11/2015 5:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 5:55pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Me too ED, not Ponca but Northeast arkansas .

School even let out for three days because deer season came in. . . .the good ole days.:-)

And leave it to Wood to make shit up. . . as usual.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/11/2015 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2015 6:22pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Me too ED, not Ponca but Northeast arkansas . School even let out for three days because deer season came in. . . .the good ole...
Me too ED, not Ponca but Northeast arkansas .

School even let out for three days because deer season came in. . . .the good ole days.:-)

And leave it to Wood to make shit up. . . as usual.
Yep it was a different time and it was no big deal to have a rifle in your truck and a knife on your belt at school. We even had the shop teacher show a guy how to dress a deer in the auto shop and guys made custom stocks for the rifles in wood shop, and yes the_wood109 is a moran who makes shit up to try to support his liberal point of view. Blush
MR. X
7/11/2015 6:49pm
I remember being in science class and the teacher asking to borrow someones pocket knife to open something up ,everyone just sat there and he was in shock that no one had a pocket knife. If a kid brought a pocket knife to school today it would be on the 6 oclock news.

Post a reply to: School shooters! 2 thumbs up.

The Latest