Sand in the skatepark?

APLMAN99
4/20/2020 6:13am
JM485 wrote:
I've been ranting about this on other platforms, what they did is so dangerous and such an overstep of their bounds they should be in jail...
I've been ranting about this on other platforms, what they did is so dangerous and such an overstep of their bounds they should be in jail. I don't think people understand how dangerous that's going to be when they try to open it back up, if you hit a slightly sandy spot on smooth concrete with a bmx bike or skateboard when you don't expect it you're going to go down HARD. Whatever fuckface ordered that needs to be held personally responsible when someone gets hurt.

They tried to kick us out of our local park a couple days ago to. Want to know how many people were there? Maybe 10! 10 fucking people yet some vigilante bitch decided to call the cops on us and have us kicked out. We pretty much just waited 20min until they left and went back in, but FFS they have absolutely no grounds to be doing this. I cant even imagine how the cops felt having their time wasted like that, what a joke.
agn5009 wrote:
I can tell you it sucks kicking people out of parks and stuff. Most cops absolutely dread having to do it. I agree with you there...
I can tell you it sucks kicking people out of parks and stuff. Most cops absolutely dread having to do it. I agree with you there and I wish the parks weren't closed.

Now, heres where you couldn't be more wrong. They absolutely do have the authority to kick you out of parks. I assume you're talking about a public park so YOU don't own the park. The park is most likely owned and funded by the municipality. What that means is THEY OWN THE PARK. THEY get to decide who is permitted to be inside the park, not YOU. If the city manager, mayor or council closes the park then YOU must follow the rules. If you don't then you're trespassing. It's really that simple. It blows my mind how many people dont understand this and think they are allowed to do whatever they want. If you have a friend over YOUR HOUSE then they refuse to leave do you think they should have the right to remain there? That's basically what you're doing by assuming you're allowed to be wherever you want whenever. If you want to be the boss of a park then you should build one and keep it open to the public.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, you're one of the better posters here and never talk smack or anything. But your way of thinking is very delusional. Whoever owns the park has the authority to decide when it's open or closed. If you owned a motocross track and decided to close it I can only imagine you would get pretty upset if random people started coming in to ride whenever they wanted.

A public park is not owned by the public. The public is permitted to use a park at their leisure if the rules are followed. Most parks close at 9pm around here. If you're there after you'll most likely be asked to leave. If you refuse to leave or come back after the warning theres a good chance you'll be arrested for trespassing. You dont get to do what you want and make the rules on property not owned by you.
JM485 wrote:
You're right, technically I don't own the place, but that wasn't what I meant (poor choice of wording on my part and I see how it...
You're right, technically I don't own the place, but that wasn't what I meant (poor choice of wording on my part and I see how it was misunderstood). The point I was trying to make was that although the park is "closed" (aka there's a little sign out front and that's it), with that small of a number of people in there absolutely nobody was at risk of spreading anything, so to me they really don't have any grounds to be closing this public park from the public in the first place. It's also a great place to get some much needed exercise, and places you can do that are getting few and far between right now.

Here's where I stand on this, you can agree or disagree and that's fine, you guys are in a tough spot and I don't envy you having to do that job so please don't take this as a sign of disrespect. I like to ride my dirtbike, now they've taken that away. I like to go out to eat with my family when I can, they've taken that away. I also really like to ride my bmx bike and my skateboard, so if you take that away what do I really have left? I live alone, I work from home 80% of the time right now, and I see my family maybe once a week. My risk of spreading this shit is slim to none and at this point I've pretty much got nothing else to lose, so keeping parks open is well worth fighting for in my book.
Okay, but the police don’t have the time or resources to verify that your story is true, that everyone else wanting to use the park has similar “low chance of transmittal” stories, etc. You may be correct that the number of people in the park at that particular park was “low enough” but if a close order isn’t enforced then the number of people using that park would likely grow.

I’m definitely not an apologist for police overstepping their powers, but I’m not a fan of putting them in difficult situations by asking them to bend the rules just for me, either.....
Taotech
4/20/2020 6:21am
Not too long ago the Talking Heads came out and said that they were going to take our guns. Surprise surprise everybody ran out and bought more guns and more ammo. So now the American population is more heavily armed than ever before. So I ask myself why would you arm the population to such an extent? Most likely answer Civil War. Now look at what’s happening. If you put a frog in some water and slowly turn up the heat I have heard he’ll stay in there till the water boils and then die. We’re like a bunch of damn frogs.
agn5009
4/20/2020 6:28am
agn5009 wrote:
I can tell you it sucks kicking people out of parks and stuff. Most cops absolutely dread having to do it. I agree with you there...
I can tell you it sucks kicking people out of parks and stuff. Most cops absolutely dread having to do it. I agree with you there and I wish the parks weren't closed.

Now, heres where you couldn't be more wrong. They absolutely do have the authority to kick you out of parks. I assume you're talking about a public park so YOU don't own the park. The park is most likely owned and funded by the municipality. What that means is THEY OWN THE PARK. THEY get to decide who is permitted to be inside the park, not YOU. If the city manager, mayor or council closes the park then YOU must follow the rules. If you don't then you're trespassing. It's really that simple. It blows my mind how many people dont understand this and think they are allowed to do whatever they want. If you have a friend over YOUR HOUSE then they refuse to leave do you think they should have the right to remain there? That's basically what you're doing by assuming you're allowed to be wherever you want whenever. If you want to be the boss of a park then you should build one and keep it open to the public.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, you're one of the better posters here and never talk smack or anything. But your way of thinking is very delusional. Whoever owns the park has the authority to decide when it's open or closed. If you owned a motocross track and decided to close it I can only imagine you would get pretty upset if random people started coming in to ride whenever they wanted.

A public park is not owned by the public. The public is permitted to use a park at their leisure if the rules are followed. Most parks close at 9pm around here. If you're there after you'll most likely be asked to leave. If you refuse to leave or come back after the warning theres a good chance you'll be arrested for trespassing. You dont get to do what you want and make the rules on property not owned by you.
t_baum88 wrote:
So who paid for that park again?
I'm telling you it doesnt matter. You may not agree with it or like it but it's the reality. Just because a little money comes out of your taxes to your municipality it doesnt mean you now own everything they do. Do you think you own the police department? Road crew? City employees? Dumb. You don't. You're not their boss and you certainly dont own them.

Now heres something to think about since you think you "own" the park. What happens when the next tax payer comes along. Say hes very wealthy and pays wayyy more than you. Or maybe he donated money to have the jungle gym built and it's his opinion that the park should be closed due to the virus. Now who has more of a right to make the decision? Do you at least see what I'm getting at? Everyone has a different opinion. Just because you "Mr. Taxpayer" would like to see the park open it doesnt mean the other "Mr. Taxpayer" does. So who is right now. This is why you employ people to make these decisions. Everyone will not get along about any one subject so you have to have someone make these decisions. Like it or not, that's life.

agn5009
4/20/2020 6:34am
NvHermit wrote:
Park rules were set up because the homeless started living there
That and drug activity. There was once a time needles were being found throughout our parks on a daily basis. We put signs at the entrances stating if you're in the park after a certain hour you will be arrested for trespassing, no questions asked. We started checking most of the parks every night and actually started arresting people rather than give a warning and kick them out. It solved the problem and now all the parks are clean for the most part.

The Shop

t_baum88
4/20/2020 6:39am
agn5009 wrote:
I'm telling you it doesnt matter. You may not agree with it or like it but it's the reality. Just because a little money comes out...
I'm telling you it doesnt matter. You may not agree with it or like it but it's the reality. Just because a little money comes out of your taxes to your municipality it doesnt mean you now own everything they do. Do you think you own the police department? Road crew? City employees? Dumb. You don't. You're not their boss and you certainly dont own them.

Now heres something to think about since you think you "own" the park. What happens when the next tax payer comes along. Say hes very wealthy and pays wayyy more than you. Or maybe he donated money to have the jungle gym built and it's his opinion that the park should be closed due to the virus. Now who has more of a right to make the decision? Do you at least see what I'm getting at? Everyone has a different opinion. Just because you "Mr. Taxpayer" would like to see the park open it doesnt mean the other "Mr. Taxpayer" does. So who is right now. This is why you employ people to make these decisions. Everyone will not get along about any one subject so you have to have someone make these decisions. Like it or not, that's life.

Actually as public servants yes... We own them when they are on duty, they are there to serve us with pay that we the public paid for.

So if the tax payers don’t own the park, who does?

The municipality? Great

Who pays the municipalities bills? Great

Anything else?
TXDirt
4/20/2020 6:53am
Perhaps they could have just put up signs indicating it’s a skateboard free zone.
agn5009
4/20/2020 7:00am
agn5009 wrote:
I'm telling you it doesnt matter. You may not agree with it or like it but it's the reality. Just because a little money comes out...

t_baum88 wrote:
Actually as public servants yes... We own them when they are on duty, they are there to serve us with pay that we the public paid...
Actually as public servants yes... We own them when they are on duty, they are there to serve us with pay that we the public paid for.

So if the tax payers don’t own the park, who does?

The municipality? Great

Who pays the municipalities bills? Great

Anything else?
You dont "own" public servants. If you walk up to me while I'm working and say "hey, I own you. Now run around in circles and squeal like a piggy" I'm gonna tell you to go pound sand. And what are you gonna do about it? Absolutely nothing because you dont own me, not even while I'm working. You're vastly confused with what your role is in society vs what your municipalities role is. You pay them to run the ship. You pay them to protect you, give you a safe place to live, make everything look pretty, make nice parks and things to do. You pay them for a service. You dont pay them to own them. Like I said, you as an individual dont own shit.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
4/20/2020 7:01am
TXDirt wrote:
Perhaps they could have just put up signs indicating it’s a skateboard free zone.
Thats a good idea, kinda like the gun free zone signs at schools!
t_baum88
4/20/2020 7:04am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 7:06am
agn5009 wrote:
You dont "own" public servants. If you walk up to me while I'm working and say "hey, I own you. Now run around in circles and...
You dont "own" public servants. If you walk up to me while I'm working and say "hey, I own you. Now run around in circles and squeal like a piggy" I'm gonna tell you to go pound sand. And what are you gonna do about it? Absolutely nothing because you dont own me, not even while I'm working. You're vastly confused with what your role is in society vs what your municipalities role is. You pay them to run the ship. You pay them to protect you, give you a safe place to live, make everything look pretty, make nice parks and things to do. You pay them for a service. You dont pay them to own them. Like I said, you as an individual dont own shit.
Are you triggered because i used the word own? u mad?

If i walk up to you and say hey, someone just stole my car and you tell me to go pound sand? Yes, i have a hell of a lot more say in what happens to your career and life than someone in any private sector job.

You signed up for this shit. “Protect and Serve”

SERVE

I ask again, who paid for the park?
agn5009
4/20/2020 7:22am
agn5009 wrote:
You dont "own" public servants. If you walk up to me while I'm working and say "hey, I own you. Now run around in circles and...
t_baum88 wrote:
Are you triggered because i used the word own? u mad? If i walk up to you and say hey, someone just stole my car and...
Are you triggered because i used the word own? u mad?

If i walk up to you and say hey, someone just stole my car and you tell me to go pound sand? Yes, i have a hell of a lot more say in what happens to your career and life than someone in any private sector job.

You signed up for this shit. “Protect and Serve”

SERVE

I ask again, who paid for the park?
I'm not triggered, sounds like you're the one being an ass here. I'm just telling you the reality of it. And you, along with grants from the government, donations from individuals, donations from businesses etc paid to have the park built. So I'll ask you, who owns the park? You because you probably put forth 75 cents of your tax money? Red Robin down the street because they probably donated 10 grand? The government because they probably funded 45% of it through some grant? But YOU.....You probably had that 75 cents removed from your paycheck through local taxes so now you're the only one that matters.

And you're right. I did sign up for this shit. And I love my job and I love most of the people I serve every single day. But they arent my boss and they certainly dont own me. You can argue til you're blue in the face but you're still gonna be wrong.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
4/20/2020 7:24am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 7:25am
agn5009 wrote:

JM485 wrote:
You're right, technically I don't own the place, but that wasn't what I meant (poor choice of wording on my part and I see how it...
You're right, technically I don't own the place, but that wasn't what I meant (poor choice of wording on my part and I see how it was misunderstood). The point I was trying to make was that although the park is "closed" (aka there's a little sign out front and that's it), with that small of a number of people in there absolutely nobody was at risk of spreading anything, so to me they really don't have any grounds to be closing this public park from the public in the first place. It's also a great place to get some much needed exercise, and places you can do that are getting few and far between right now.

Here's where I stand on this, you can agree or disagree and that's fine, you guys are in a tough spot and I don't envy you having to do that job so please don't take this as a sign of disrespect. I like to ride my dirtbike, now they've taken that away. I like to go out to eat with my family when I can, they've taken that away. I also really like to ride my bmx bike and my skateboard, so if you take that away what do I really have left? I live alone, I work from home 80% of the time right now, and I see my family maybe once a week. My risk of spreading this shit is slim to none and at this point I've pretty much got nothing else to lose, so keeping parks open is well worth fighting for in my book.
agn5009 wrote:
I agree with you man. They've taken away things we can do safely away from each other. I cant even go camping, which is one of...
I agree with you man. They've taken away things we can do safely away from each other. I cant even go camping, which is one of the best ways to social distance. But I can go into a beer distributor and buy a case of beer. It's absolutely asinine and it makes no sense. I would love to see a reporter actually ask my Governor (Wolfe) why this is. That will never happen though. I feel like hes got some explaining to do once this all clears up.

This is such a shitty situation because we dont know when or how it will end. I haven't seen my mom face to face since this all starter because I'm at a high risk to get it and she has breast cancer. My grandparents and I met up on Easter in a parking lot to see each other and talk from each others cars. It's tough not seeing them for this long and not being able to give them a hug and kiss. But I guess we just continue to do our part and hope all this gets fixed soon.
My mom is high risk too but we still see one another from a distance. This past weekend we took the grandkids/great grandkids over because she missed them so badly. We were outside and she sat in her chair a good 10’ away and we had a wonderful visit and I know it really lifted her spirits. Despite all of the varying opinions on what is safe, she had no concerns at all with the distance we were keeping.
t_baum88
4/20/2020 7:29am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 7:36am
agn5009 wrote:
I'm not triggered, sounds like you're the one being an ass here. I'm just telling you the reality of it. And you, along with grants from...
I'm not triggered, sounds like you're the one being an ass here. I'm just telling you the reality of it. And you, along with grants from the government, donations from individuals, donations from businesses etc paid to have the park built. So I'll ask you, who owns the park? You because you probably put forth 75 cents of your tax money? Red Robin down the street because they probably donated 10 grand? The government because they probably funded 45% of it through some grant? But YOU.....You probably had that 75 cents removed from your paycheck through local taxes so now you're the only one that matters.

And you're right. I did sign up for this shit. And I love my job and I love most of the people I serve every single day. But they arent my boss and they certainly dont own me. You can argue til you're blue in the face but you're still gonna be wrong.
As long as you understand who owns the park bud Smile

The american people pay your wage. They ARE your employer.

It’s pretty simple shit!

Every taxpayer owns your work life. Congratulations for just finding out!
4/20/2020 7:36am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 7:39am
Any of you read FEMA recommendations ?

They recommend FRESH AIR.

Also, if the economy stops. Them cushy gubmint jobs stop too. Then be prepared to “own” up to that.
newmann
4/20/2020 7:39am
agn5009 wrote:
I'm not triggered, sounds like you're the one being an ass here. I'm just telling you the reality of it. And you, along with grants from...

t_baum88 wrote:
As long as you understand who owns the park bud :) The american people pay your wage. They ARE your employer. It’s pretty simple shit! Every...
As long as you understand who owns the park bud Smile

The american people pay your wage. They ARE your employer.

It’s pretty simple shit!

Every taxpayer owns your work life. Congratulations for just finding out!
And you voted for his boss.
t_baum88
4/20/2020 7:41am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 7:43am
newmann wrote:
Exactly thanks for making my point. The people decide, the same ones that pays his bills!
agn5009
4/20/2020 7:45am
newmann wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
Exactly thanks for making my point. The people decide, the same ones that pays his bills!
You have one measly vote in who my boss is. Dont confuse that with you being my boss.
t_baum88
4/20/2020 7:47am
newmann wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
You have one measly vote in who my boss is. Dont confuse that with you being my boss.
You’re truly moronic

I have one vote

The next person has a vote

so on.....

....All the taxpayers vote....

who decided who your boss was...... oh shit the taxpayers!!
GIwasB4
4/20/2020 7:49am
newmann wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
Sand in your vagina?
newmann
4/20/2020 7:49am
newmann wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
Exactly thanks for making my point

Not exactly, but don't let that stop you.
t_baum88
4/20/2020 7:51am
newmann wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
newmann wrote:

My point is we pay his bills and we decide who his boss is

How am I wrong?

All ears
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
4/20/2020 8:04am
Im guessing t. baum88 won’t be talking his way out of any tickets.
borg
4/20/2020 8:14am
sumdood wrote:
I would put my thumb and forefinger together and peck on his chest while I was telling him how I pay his wages. And how I will also vote against his boss's boss's boss's boss.
agn5009
4/20/2020 9:14am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 9:15am
sumdood wrote:
borg wrote:
I would put my thumb and forefinger together and peck on his chest while I was telling him how I pay his wages. And how I...
I would put my thumb and forefinger together and peck on his chest while I was telling him how I pay his wages. And how I will also vote against his boss's boss's boss's boss.
Should probably try to take his gun too. You know, since hes the boss, bought the gun and pays his wages Laughing
newmann
4/20/2020 9:17am
t_baum88 wrote:
newmann wrote:

t_baum88 wrote:

How am I wrong?

All ears
Which tree are you barking up? I see you running from one to another.
agn5009
4/20/2020 9:21am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 9:22am
t_baum88 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
t_baum88 wrote:
You’re truly moronic I have one vote The next person has a vote so on..... ....All the taxpayers vote.... who decided who your boss was...... oh...
You’re truly moronic

I have one vote

The next person has a vote

so on.....

....All the taxpayers vote....

who decided who your boss was...... oh shit the taxpayers!!
Laughing my boss is my chief of police which is not an elected position.

His boss is the city manager. Which is not an elected position.

His boss is the mayor, which is an elected position.
peelout
4/20/2020 9:22am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 9:22am
fuck California with a rusty spoon.
JeremyK
4/20/2020 9:31am
It's bullshit what they did and how the officials treat public land as if they own it . It's a trend that continues to happen more and more .
t_baum88
4/20/2020 9:42am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2020 9:43am
agn5009 wrote:
:laugh: my boss is my chief of police which is not an elected position. His boss is the city manager. Which is not an elected position...
Laughing my boss is my chief of police which is not an elected position.

His boss is the city manager. Which is not an elected position.

His boss is the mayor, which is an elected position.
You said I had a vote on who your boss is. Do I or don’t I?
t_baum88
4/20/2020 9:48am
sumdood wrote:
3 warnings and 1 ticket in my life thank you very much!
t_baum88
4/20/2020 9:49am
newmann wrote:

t_baum88 wrote:

How am I wrong?

All ears
newmann wrote:
Which tree are you barking up? I see you running from one to another.
I see you trying to cover your buddies butt that’s about it

Post a reply to: Sand in the skatepark?

The Latest