SSRI

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2018 5:08 PM

|

3/10/2018 5:42 PM

It is all witch craft. In theory SSRIs are supposed to keep more serotonin floating in your brain, but of course it takes a month or longer for your body to adjust and you feel like shit at the beginning. Plus you could end up with permanent neurological side effects.

All these pills are more trouble then they are worth. We are indoctrinated with the idea that doctors and medicine can save us, but so often they can't.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/10/2018 6:07 PM

That view is slowly catching on.

|

3/10/2018 6:09 PM

By the way, if anyone does in fact want higher serotonin, 5 htp will get it higher than an SSRI. And it's natural.

|

3/10/2018 7:02 PM

smashingpumpkins167 wrote:

It is all witch craft. In theory SSRIs are supposed to keep more serotonin floating in your brain, but of course it takes a month or longer for your body to adjust and you feel like shit at the beginning. Plus you could end up with permanent neurological side effects.

All these pills are more trouble then they are worth. We are indoctrinated with the idea that doctors and medicine can save us, but so often they can't.

We can only save ourselves. Lol

|

GP740
Since 1987

3/10/2018 9:15 PM

With all the deaths, ruined lives and mass shootings, there are still many that roll the dice and alter their brain chemistry.

|

3/11/2018 8:15 AM

|

3/11/2018 12:26 PM

Lots of info that many of the folks who take Psychoactive drugs MAY improve while on the drugs, but when they stop taking it, they are many times worse than if they had never taken it at all. My big concerns are (in addition to the massive conflict of interest with big pharma pushing drugs as a for-profit endeavor):

-many of the drugs being prescribed to kids have very limited reasearch on the effects
-too many parents are given an out by finding a doc who’ll “diagnose” junior with a “disorder” and hand out meds, so that the parents get to wave around the diagnosis as proof that they aren’t shitty parents with a disrespectful little brat. After all, Dr “x” said he’s suffering from ABCD, EFGH, etc...
-any time $$$ become involved, even many people with strong principles become greedy, corrupt, and self-serving. When you consider the massive amount of money that big pharma stands to make by keeping America high/medicated/etc, to trust that system would be foolhardy at best. I shouldn’t even need to mention the politicians and their corruption with the pharma lobby (regardless of which side of the aisle). Think about the ads you see. For years, pain killers morphed into a consumer product. Now you see ads for meds to combat the side effects of those meds. Then too many people were dying so the companies come out with narcan/etc. IOW, don’t get off our poison, just take our other poison to fix the first poison.

I think the other prong of this is that if our mental health system was fixed, there would be much less reliance upon meds to fix the issues. The trouble is that it’s a terribly broken system. It’s not uncommon for suicidals or other imminent danger patients to get kicked loose from the hospital within 1-2 hours with little to no resources or follow-up. That’s a problem.

|

3/11/2018 1:04 PM

If I was a kid right now in pre-Kindergarten I have no doubt that I would have been one of the most over medicated kids in the history of my county.

Thankfully my mother prescribed me with love and a shitload of room to roam.

My brother wasn't so lucky, lots of meds and he's never been right. Sucks ass too, wondering how he might have turned out.

Nevermind me rant on.

|

3/11/2018 1:10 PM

KMC440 wrote:

If I was a kid right now in pre-Kindergarten I have no doubt that I would have been one of the most over medicated kids in the history of my county.

Thankfully my mother prescribed me with love and a shitload of room to roam.

My brother wasn't so lucky, lots of meds and he's never been right. Sucks ass too, wondering how he might have turned out.

Nevermind me rant on.

Yep. I forgot to mention that as well. The school system is now basically trying to make all rambunctious but good little boys fit into the traits typically exhibited by girls. Being a good (but active/rough-ie normal) young boy has now been demonized. Hence, young boys who rough-house and play pranks are deemed a “problem” and parents are pressured to medicate/scold them into being bumps on a log.

|

3/11/2018 4:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2018 4:31 PM

The Narconon similarities are no coincidence.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!





3/11/2018 6:37 PM

omalley wrote:

Yep. I forgot to mention that as well. The school system is now basically trying to make all rambunctious but good little boys fit into the traits typically exhibited by girls. Being a good (but active/rough-ie normal) young boy has now been demonized. Hence, young boys who rough-house and play pranks are deemed a “problem” and parents are pressured to medicate/scold them into being bumps on a log.

Dr. Rhonda Patrick posted this article on her Twitter last week...

20 Percent of boys will be diagnosed with ADHD by high school...

|

3/12/2018 12:54 AM

Ever see Dr. Patrick on the Joe Rogan show? She is like a walking biology encyclopedia. Encyclopedia is such an old term now.

|

3/12/2018 5:48 AM

Mr. G wrote:

Ever see Dr. Patrick on the Joe Rogan show? She is like a walking biology encyclopedia. Encyclopedia is such an old term now.

Yeah, she’s definitely got a brain. The most impressive thing about people like her is their ability to break things down into layman’s terms. Makes it a lot better when they’re not talking over your head.

|

3/12/2018 9:05 AM

My best friend was called "hyperactive" when we were kids in the '70s. So his mom got him a bicycle and the two of us rode around jumping stuff and catching frogs all day. Best medicine ever!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

3/12/2018 10:00 PM

Joe heard you.

|

3/12/2018 10:06 PM

Mr. G wrote:

Ever see Dr. Patrick on the Joe Rogan show? She is like a walking biology encyclopedia. Encyclopedia is such an old term now.

Sully wrote:

Yeah, she’s definitely got a brain. The most impressive thing about people like her is their ability to break things down into layman’s terms. Makes it a lot better when they’re not talking over your head.

You know what? I love that. Neal DeGrass Tyson is really good at that. I have noticed that people that have jobs where they have to make things happen, any BS is immediately obvious. Like the trades. I work in the fire protection world and for sure most people don't really understand fire sprinkler systems, but if I submit a plan to the fire department and it's BS it is shot down in flames. I love that. My uncle worked at LA water and Power at a mid level and damn that guy is good at explaining things.

|

3/12/2018 11:43 PM

|

3/13/2018 5:41 AM

Mr. G wrote:

Just to be clear, you wanted religion kept out of it yet posted a video from the YouTube account of the "religion" in question......

|

3/13/2018 11:33 AM

That video never mentions religion. You are the only one talking religion. This is a religion free zone.

|

3/13/2018 11:57 AM

I think better drug control would solve many more problems than better gun control, but no doubt we should consider our options for both.

However it seems to me the problems in our culture run deeper. These drugs are mostly the result of people trying to find an answer for their problems (real problems that they really have), likewise many people look to guns for a solution to their problems protection, security, safety, etc. So what triggered the problems in the first place? I would suggest that moral decline (which if we are honest we have all taken part in at least in some way) is the driving force for many of these problems-solutions.

So now the question remains what has lead to the moral decline of our culture? What has changed? Now we can name many things that are a result of the decline, but what is the ultimate reason behind it? Or is it just a combination of the many factors working together?

|

3/13/2018 6:09 PM

Good point. There does seem to be a dwindling spiral and society is becoming more and more Pro drug is a symptom of this decline. Wouldn't it be great if you could just give someone a pill and make them sane. Sadly it doesn't work that way.

|

3/13/2018 7:03 PM

Strange thing is, the national crime rate declines coincide pretty closely to when doctors actually began treating people with mental health issues, instead of just ignoring them.......

|

3/13/2018 7:22 PM

Mr. G wrote:

Good point. There does seem to be a dwindling spiral and society is becoming more and more Pro drug is a symptom of this decline. Wouldn't it be great if you could just give someone a pill and make them sane. Sadly it doesn't work that way.

The only time it really works is with schizophrenia. Those people go totally off their rocker when they aren't on their meds. But they can be completely normal amd function normally in society once they get back on them.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

3/13/2018 8:16 PM

Just as long as they don't become dangerous.

|