Rzr 4 in toy hauler?

agn5009
10/16/2020 7:26am
So pretty specific question but hopefully someone can answer.

I have a 2019 Forest River Salem FSX 260RT toy hauler. I'm looking into buying a 4-5 seater side by side. I found a Polaris RZR S4 1000 EPS I really like however I don't know if it'll fit in the toy hauler or not.

On another note, anyone have experience with 4-5 seater side by sides? Any recommendations on make and models I should look into?
|
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
10/16/2020 8:43am
I've seen people back 4-seat UTVs out of their toy haulers, so I know it can be done. Is your trailer a front-kitchen model?
Here's what I would do: measure the lowest spot on your ceiling or drop-down bed, if you have one in back. Then measure the width of the narrowest spot (cabinets, probably) as far forward as the length of the UTV you want. If there's enough room, you're good. You might want to back the UTV in, so the engine weight is closer to the axles instead of way back by the rear door.
Also remember that the RZR 4s weigh about 1,500 pounds, so you'll have to calculate your total before trailering. You may end up getting pretty close to the limit with a 26' trailer.
agn5009
10/16/2020 9:26am
I believe it's rated for right around 3000 pounds. We don't go many places without water hookups so we wouldn't normally have full tanks during transport.
peelout
10/16/2020 9:31am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2020 9:34am
you should be fine. i have a 26' Vortex and i back my 4 seater into my toy hauler so the motor is right above the axles. my rear wheel is about an inch from my cupboard and my front wheel is an inch from the back door.

make sure you take all your measurements (ground to highest point on roll-cage, width of outside tire to outside tire, overall length) and check them 3 times. i did it the other way around, i had the Razr before the trailer. when i bought the trailer i measured the garage area and i was good except i was really cutting it close on the height of the lifting rear couch and bed. i ended up having to raise my rear-bunks and i tried to make it harder than it needed to be. basically i flipped the mounting brackets of the lower couch and upper bed thinking that would do the trick. come to fine out there is a shut-off switch mounted in the track that when the bed touches it it shuts the motor down. i raised that switch in the track about 3 inches and that took care of that problem.

agn5009
10/16/2020 1:00pm
peelout wrote:
you should be fine. i have a 26' Vortex and i back my 4 seater into my toy hauler so the motor is right above the...
you should be fine. i have a 26' Vortex and i back my 4 seater into my toy hauler so the motor is right above the axles. my rear wheel is about an inch from my cupboard and my front wheel is an inch from the back door.

make sure you take all your measurements (ground to highest point on roll-cage, width of outside tire to outside tire, overall length) and check them 3 times. i did it the other way around, i had the Razr before the trailer. when i bought the trailer i measured the garage area and i was good except i was really cutting it close on the height of the lifting rear couch and bed. i ended up having to raise my rear-bunks and i tried to make it harder than it needed to be. basically i flipped the mounting brackets of the lower couch and upper bed thinking that would do the trick. come to fine out there is a shut-off switch mounted in the track that when the bed touches it it shuts the motor down. i raised that switch in the track about 3 inches and that took care of that problem.

Length wise I'm golden. It was really the height at the door and width I was worried about. I think I would be good. I measured everything today and the only thing close was the height. I had a good 4 inches width. Height was like 1.5 inches. So it should work out. I think what I'm gonna do is take my hauler with me before I buy anything and pull it in.

The Shop

1983YZ125
Fantasy
1694th
10/19/2020 6:32am
Go to dealership and test fit into trailer? I would not pull the trigger without physically putting one in if that's a deal breaker.
BMR179
Fantasy
1240th
10/19/2020 7:08am
If the SxS is too tall by an inch or three, you can let some air out of the tires.
agn5009
10/19/2020 12:32pm
1983YZ125 wrote:
Go to dealership and test fit into trailer? I would not pull the trigger without physically putting one in if that's a deal breaker.
Yeah thats my plan however I dont want to be pulling my camper all around the state when I find the one I want. I want to be pretty certain it will fit before driving anywhere too far.
captmoto
10/19/2020 10:04pm
If you are buying a used SxS ask the seller how they hauled it. Maybe they have a similar trailer and would be willing to get some measurements of the trailer for you.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
10/22/2020 9:05am
BMR179 wrote:
If the SxS is too tall by an inch or three, you can let some air out of the tires.
Or use tie downs to compress the shock springs.

Post a reply to: Rzr 4 in toy hauler?

The Latest