Russia vaccine

early
Fantasy
2212th
8/26/2020 11:13am
Not to expose my nerd status but that was OB1 Kenobi.

So many good quotes out of the original trilogy
Just started watching Star Wars with my 2 year old son. He loves it!
CM_84
8/26/2020 1:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2020 1:05pm
CM_84 wrote:
Yeah!!!! Fuck Bill Gates, and fuck him trying to help people. He should just buy a jet and an island and get up to all sorts...
Yeah!!!! Fuck Bill Gates, and fuck him trying to help people.
He should just buy a jet and an island and get up to all sorts of sick crimes like some other billionaires.

And honestly, what good have vaccines ever done? bring back Polio I say!!!

Honestly, is it that difficult to understand that one of the richest men in the world is trying to use some of his wealth to help people in developing countries?
lestat wrote:
[i]“one of the richest men in the world is trying to use some of his wealth to help people in developing countries?“[/i] Your default position appears...
“one of the richest men in the world is trying to use some of his wealth to help people in developing countries?“

Your default position appears to be to trust super wealthy people . My default is the opposite .

Rich men , coming to “help” people in developing countries .... hmmm .... where have we heard that before ? You speak from a position of wealth and privilege , and exhibit classic traits of “white saviour” personality disorder . Same as Gates .
No my default position is not to trust super wealthy people, if Murdoch spoke about vaccines I wouldn’t listen, if a man that is essentially the head of a research organization, speaks about research, I listen.

And whilst you say my default position is to trust super wealthy people, it seems your default position is to assume every super rich person is some kind of Bond villain. Or is it just any figure from the scientific community that you don’t trust?
Chance1216
8/26/2020 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2020 1:33pm
CM_84 wrote:
Yeah!!!! Fuck Bill Gates, and fuck him trying to help people. He should just buy a jet and an island and get up to all sorts...
Yeah!!!! Fuck Bill Gates, and fuck him trying to help people.
He should just buy a jet and an island and get up to all sorts of sick crimes like some other billionaires.

And honestly, what good have vaccines ever done? bring back Polio I say!!!

Honestly, is it that difficult to understand that one of the richest men in the world is trying to use some of his wealth to help people in developing countries?
lestat wrote:
[i]“one of the richest men in the world is trying to use some of his wealth to help people in developing countries?“[/i] Your default position appears...
“one of the richest men in the world is trying to use some of his wealth to help people in developing countries?“

Your default position appears to be to trust super wealthy people . My default is the opposite .

Rich men , coming to “help” people in developing countries .... hmmm .... where have we heard that before ? You speak from a position of wealth and privilege , and exhibit classic traits of “white saviour” personality disorder . Same as Gates .
CM_84 wrote:
No my default position is not to trust super wealthy people, if Murdoch spoke about vaccines I wouldn’t listen, if a man that is essentially the...
No my default position is not to trust super wealthy people, if Murdoch spoke about vaccines I wouldn’t listen, if a man that is essentially the head of a research organization, speaks about research, I listen.

And whilst you say my default position is to trust super wealthy people, it seems your default position is to assume every super rich person is some kind of Bond villain. Or is it just any figure from the scientific community that you don’t trust?
It’s hard not to think of his charitable contributions as a future financial investment opportunity. Didn’t he steal ideas from Steve Jobs?
CM_84
8/26/2020 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2020 2:22pm
His foundation is a not for profit, so he can’t just grab that money and put it in his bank account.

If it really is all just about profit, why is he investing mostly in fields where traditional pharmaceutical and industry corporations are not? if there was big money to be made, I guarantee they would be there too.

I understand the skepticism to a point, but is it really impossible that a man with his resources is actually genuinely trying to use a portion of those resources to help others?

I’m not that naive to think that everyone is running around trying to save the world, but I’m also not that jaded that I think everyone is running around trying to destroy it.

The Shop

andymoto
8/26/2020 3:43pm
Nope. Ask that Russian dissident of Putin if he got "so-called" Covid vaccine if he ever wakes upEvil ......

JAFO92
8/26/2020 4:31pm
hard2kill wrote:
Ah the age old question: What is truth? Is it a serious enquiry or just a relative question to justify one individual position from another? I...
Ah the age old question: What is truth? Is it a serious enquiry or just a relative question to justify one individual position from another?

I have a real good source if you want to give it a serious look. Never lets me down.

Even with Kongols approach (which is better than most)....For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him?

Even then we will often lie to ourselves.... Every way of man is right in his own eyes. Gotta have that spirit of truth to get the "real" information.

Post a reply to: Russia vaccine

The Latest