Rumblins at Harley

G-man
4/2/2020 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2020 5:09am
Every time I hear that Harley is struggling I must admit I'm puzzled--with the amount of pirate heads I see riding around here on their $20,000 + machines.
Not to mention all the Harley apparel that is way overpriced I just think to myself damn somebody must be skimming the till.... Laughing

But before somebody gets all upset at me, of course I do not want Harley to go under or bought by some European company.
I'm just amazed that they are struggling with all the Harley's I see in Arizona anyway.

I'm just taking a guess but I will say they outnumber all the other motorcycles 7 to 1 and that is on the low side I actually believe it's higher.
JustMX
4/3/2020 3:23am
G-man wrote:
Every time I hear that Harley is struggling I must admit I'm puzzled--with the amount of pirate heads I see riding around here on their $20,000...
Every time I hear that Harley is struggling I must admit I'm puzzled--with the amount of pirate heads I see riding around here on their $20,000 + machines.
Not to mention all the Harley apparel that is way overpriced I just think to myself damn somebody must be skimming the till.... Laughing

But before somebody gets all upset at me, of course I do not want Harley to go under or bought by some European company.
I'm just amazed that they are struggling with all the Harley's I see in Arizona anyway.

I'm just taking a guess but I will say they outnumber all the other motorcycles 7 to 1 and that is on the low side I actually believe it's higher.
Are there many boomers in az?
crowe176
4/3/2020 5:40am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2020 5:48am
Arnold and the Fatboy days are over.

The Rock on a Livewire could work. It’s be a short movie though

I can’t imagine Harley ever being what it was when they released the fatboy. It was my dad, all my uncles and their friends first motorcycle. It was comical.

I love riding Harley’s. It’s a special experience. Can’t say I’d ever spend $30k on one though.. They’re just not that unique anymore. They’re like pit bikes back in the day. They were awesome until every other dipshit in China started selling them at pepboys and now they’re kind of a joke.
borg
4/3/2020 5:56am
AHRMA361 wrote:
Maybe Indian will buy them?

too soon?
tcannon521 wrote:
These statements always crack me up.. Polaris (who owns Indian) is basically worth the same as HD. Will you explain to me how Polaris comes up...
These statements always crack me up.. Polaris (who owns Indian) is basically worth the same as HD. Will you explain to me how Polaris comes up with about 3 billion dollars to purchase HD?
APLMAN99 wrote:
Leverage, obviously. M&A transactions don't have to occur with straight cash.
Happens all the time. Odd thing to say really.

The Shop

crowe176
4/3/2020 5:59am
“How do we grow the industry and make more money?” Just like supercross.

I don’t get why we have to grow the industry. Just make it better for the people that already love it. There’s only so many places to ride. Sturgis and Daytona with more idiots sounds miserable.

I don’t know, maybe it’s me but I’m happy with how our sport is.. That’s what makes it special.
G-man
4/3/2020 11:28am
G-man wrote:
Every time I hear that Harley is struggling I must admit I'm puzzled--with the amount of pirate heads I see riding around here on their $20,000...

JustMX wrote:
Yes and a lot come here to retire as they like the weather.
diz330
4/3/2020 11:48am
G-man wrote:

JustMX wrote:
G-man wrote:
Yes and a lot come here to retire as they like the weather.
lots of Canadians down there too. my retired parents spend 4 or 5 months near phoenix on their motorhome in winter. lots of motorhomes towing a trailer behind them full of toys - Harleys, slingshots, etc.
4/5/2020 9:58am
I always get a chuckle out of the HD haters....all failing to realize their MX ship is sinking beneath their feet. MX is a dying sport. ...and then there are the comments on +20K machines too when a dirt bike sells for $10K which at some levels you need 1 or more each year.

Love my HD....but I'm not brand loyal. Don't dress up like a pirate either. My 09 HD has been relatively trouble-free and I enjoy the piss out of it. They stopped making Springers which is what brought me into the showroom...had a love affair with Springers since I was a kid.

Different strokes for different folks.

Harley dies....the rest of the industry ain't too far behind.

Post a reply to: Rumblins at Harley

The Latest