Rugby World Cup

mx617
Edited Date/Time 11/2/2019 4:37pm
Starting tomorrow, anyone else interested in a discussion thread?
|
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/19/2019 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2019 2:03pm
mx617 wrote:
Starting tomorrow, anyone else interested in a discussion thread?
should be an interesting tournament , the NZ vs South Africa game will be awesome 2nd up,

I think this is one of the more open world cups, think 5 or 6 teams can have a shot,

NZ South Africa, Wales, Ireland and England have all looked good in the last couple of years, out of those 5 and maybe Australia if they can put 3 finals games together they will take it out,

mx617
9/19/2019 2:10pm
Curious to see how England does, last couple RWCs have been pretty rough to say the least. Canada has been in tough lately as well, last tourney was a big disappointment. Hope they get it together. But yeah, usual suspects will likely take it.

Shitty thing is all the games are on TV mostly from midnight to 7-8am here and there doesn't seem to be an on-demand option in Canada.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/19/2019 5:49pm
The tv could be a big fuck up here , one of the big telco has brought the rights and set up a streaming service , which has had a few bugs in the test events and for formula 1 and English premier league football which it also brought , and it’s the only way to watch it live at home , big risk for nz who loves and breaths rugby , if it does not work for the South Africa game Saturday night it will lead the news Sunday

Canada has been struggling lately for sure. , USA seems to be getting better tho
9/20/2019 11:46am
Scotland fan here. Think we'll do well to get out of our group. Japan & Samoa will definitely target us if (when) we lose to Ireland on Sunday. I'm hoping for the best, but fearing the worst. Ireland & the provincial teams just know how to beat us.
Normally NZ are are my second team but a threepeat would be bad for the game & a tad boring. I'd like to see France lift it.

Really looking forward to Sat & Sun mornings. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/20/2019 12:08pm
Achahoish wrote:
Scotland fan here. Think we'll do well to get out of our group. Japan & Samoa will definitely target us if (when) we lose to Ireland...
Scotland fan here. Think we'll do well to get out of our group. Japan & Samoa will definitely target us if (when) we lose to Ireland on Sunday. I'm hoping for the best, but fearing the worst. Ireland & the provincial teams just know how to beat us.
Normally NZ are are my second team but a threepeat would be bad for the game & a tad boring. I'd like to see France lift it.

as much as it pains me, i agree with you about the 3 peat, even tho i would enjoy it,

a northern hemisphere team winning would be better for the game,

just preferably not the english, their are only 2 teams i enjoy watching lose, the English Rugby team, and the Australian cricket team,
9/20/2019 12:21pm
Achahoish wrote:
Scotland fan here. Think we'll do well to get out of our group. Japan & Samoa will definitely target us if (when) we lose to Ireland...

scott_nz wrote:
as much as it pains me, i agree with you about the 3 peat, even tho i would enjoy it, a northern hemisphere team winning would...
as much as it pains me, i agree with you about the 3 peat, even tho i would enjoy it,

just preferably not the english, their are only 2 teams i enjoy watching lose, the English Rugby team, and the Australian cricket team,
Please don't let it be:
SA
England
OZ
Wales
Ireland

In that order
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/20/2019 1:16pm
after watching the Japan - Russia Game, I dont see Japan pulling another upset like they did against SA last time,
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/20/2019 11:51pm
Wow Fiji nearly took Australia down , great game
9/21/2019 12:10am
scott_nz wrote:
I missed that one. Ready for Fra V Arg and SA V NZ

By the way what are your Mitre 10/SR teams? I'm a Otago & Highlanders fan. Have been since watching them play the Lions (on TV sadly) in 1993
jemcee
9/21/2019 12:23am
Achahoish wrote:

scott_nz wrote:
as much as it pains me, i agree with you about the 3 peat, even tho i would enjoy it, a northern hemisphere team winning would...

Achahoish wrote:
Please don't let it be:
SA
England
OZ
Wales
Ireland

In that order
You can both fuck off haha
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/21/2019 1:06am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2019 1:13am
scott_nz wrote:
Achahoish wrote:
I missed that one. Ready for Fra V Arg and SA V NZ By the way what are your Mitre 10/SR teams? I'm a Otago &...
I missed that one. Ready for Fra V Arg and SA V NZ

By the way what are your Mitre 10/SR teams? I'm a Otago & Highlanders fan. Have been since watching them play the Lions (on TV sadly) in 1993
yep, my used to own a motorcycle shop 100 metres from the Counties Rugby Ground in Pukekohe . (the steelers) ,and went to most home games, i was a member of the supporters club, so when we won the ranfurly sheild i got to get my photo with it,

now i live in the Bay of Plenty (Tauranga), i get to a few Bay of plenty Steamers Games, but Counties is still the team i support, my Cousin played and won in the BOP club rugby finals this year, i go to a few club games every year, and even played a golden oldies rules game for my old club in Counties,

I went to the BOP Otago game for the first round of the NPC, Otago got hammed,

I am a Chiefs fan for Super Rugby, both Counties and Bay of Plenty are in that area, went to the final the first year they won,

The French are weird, have not been good all year but are going awesome in this one,

I went to a couple of Games for the last Lions Tour, the NZ Maori game in Rotorua, and also the First test at eden Park, (had to go into a ballot to get the test tickets) I went to the NZ Maori Lions game in Hamilton in 2005,
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/21/2019 1:08am
my wife is Irish, so a win by them would be good for home life as well,
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/21/2019 2:04am
great game, the French will be stoked with that win, Argentina came back awesome in the second half,
9/21/2019 2:20am
Great game. To me France obviously thought they had it won at half time & switched off for the second. Took the old heads on the bench to pull it back. Thought Gardner was too lenient on the constant French infringing in their own 22. Both teams will trouble England I think.

Now for the big one; back in 2 hrs+ :-)
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/21/2019 2:23am
Achahoish wrote:
Great game. To me France obviously thought they had it won at half time & switched off for the second. Took the old heads on the...
Great game. To me France obviously thought they had it won at half time & switched off for the second. Took the old heads on the bench to pull it back. Thought Gardner was too lenient on the constant French infringing in their own 22. Both teams will trouble England I think.

Now for the big one; back in 2 hrs+ :-)
agreed, Fiji got 10 min in the bin much sooner,
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/21/2019 3:48am
very happy all black fan after that first half, SA playing good, but the all blacks are all .but perfect on the counter
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/21/2019 4:37am
just as happy at full time, never an easy test against SA, i think that will be the final as well,
9/21/2019 11:38am
Thought it was a cracker. Ref was even good & bad in equal measure.

Roll on Sunday & Sco V Ire
9/22/2019 6:02am
Achahoish wrote:
Thought it was a cracker. Ref was even good & bad in equal measure.

Roll on Sunday & Sco V Ire
Well Scotland seriously cr@p in that game. No defence, rushing everything attack with composure and patience. I thought we'd be a lot closer to Ireland than that, we seem to have gone backwards since the 6N. Japan & Samoa will really fancy their chances now.

Ire V SA in the quarters will be a cracker as they both play in a similar way to me.

Next big game is Aus V Wales next Saturday, I'll be supporting the wobblies for that one ;-)
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/22/2019 11:17am
Achahoish wrote:
Well Scotland seriously cr@p in that game. No defence, rushing everything attack with composure and patience. I thought we'd be a lot closer to Ireland than...
Well Scotland seriously cr@p in that game. No defence, rushing everything attack with composure and patience. I thought we'd be a lot closer to Ireland than that, we seem to have gone backwards since the 6N. Japan & Samoa will really fancy their chances now.

Ire V SA in the quarters will be a cracker as they both play in a similar way to me.

Next big game is Aus V Wales next Saturday, I'll be supporting the wobblies for that one ;-)
i thought Scotland would be more competitive as well, and I thought Tonga may put up more of a fight against England,

the Streaming service failed pretty bad here as well, with a heap of complaints about cutting out, to the point they put all the games on free to air last night,
mx617
9/22/2019 9:50pm
I'm back. Was trying to find a way to actually watch the games, think I've got it figured now. Watching sco vs ire right now, hopefully be able to keep up. 48 games js a lot of rugby!

I was at the RWC for 2003 in Australia. Well was there for a year, caught a few games in Adelaide and Wollongong. Damn impressive seeing the pros in person.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/28/2019 11:39am
Wow. Didn’t see ireland going down to Japan , Another big scalp for the brave blossoms ,
mx617
9/28/2019 3:04pm
scott_nz wrote:
Wow. Didn’t see ireland going down to Japan , Another big scalp for the brave blossoms ,
Ireland did not look good. So slow and lethargic, they had no speedbcoming on to the ball.

And Japan defense was hardcore, they came in so hot into every hit
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/29/2019 2:47am
awesome Aussie Wales game,

Wales deserved the win, Aussie came back well but were not good in the first half,

cant wait to hear Checka's post match interview,
MJC
9/29/2019 3:00am
scott_nz wrote:
awesome Aussie Wales game, Wales deserved the win, Aussie came back well but were not good in the first half, cant wait to hear Checka's post...
awesome Aussie Wales game,

Wales deserved the win, Aussie came back well but were not good in the first half,

cant wait to hear Checka's post match interview,
He had the shits didn’t he! Good game still
9/30/2019 10:54am
Japan were awesome, to me me they tackled Ireland's ball carriers low rather than higher up with a smother type tackle. imho this helped stop Ireland get fast front ball. A lot of teams could learn from this

Aus V Wales was another cracker and 1 that I thought was too close to call prior to kick off. I did think Hooper had a fair point when Aus were penalised for leading with a forearm to the head of a Welsh defender when he said that the Aus player shouldn't be penalised for the defender's poor technique in the tackle.

WE (Scotland) got the BP against Samoa but have to beat to Japan now. And I'm not confident......

Looking forward to Eng v Arg on Saturday
mx617
10/1/2019 10:32pm
Just watched Aus vs wales, another great game. Lot different strategy than the japan Ireland game, tons more kicking it seemed. Wonder if wales got a bit tired chasing them all, and that's why Aus came back so much
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
10/1/2019 11:14pm
Achahoish wrote:
Japan were awesome, to me me they tackled Ireland's ball carriers low rather than higher up with a smother type tackle. imho this helped stop Ireland...
Japan were awesome, to me me they tackled Ireland's ball carriers low rather than higher up with a smother type tackle. imho this helped stop Ireland get fast front ball. A lot of teams could learn from this

Aus V Wales was another cracker and 1 that I thought was too close to call prior to kick off. I did think Hooper had a fair point when Aus were penalised for leading with a forearm to the head of a Welsh defender when he said that the Aus player shouldn't be penalised for the defender's poor technique in the tackle.

WE (Scotland) got the BP against Samoa but have to beat to Japan now. And I'm not confident......

Looking forward to Eng v Arg on Saturday
yeah im not sure on that penalty either, but if they are going to penalise anyone that makes contact with teh head in a tackle i see it as fair that it is the same for the ball carrier,

I think the refs have been pretty good, the Irish Coach was not happy but none of those penalties can be argued, fast line speed puts you so close to the offside line,

im stall scared a red card over something not that bad will ruin a play off game,

Pool A is looking hard, and if you win you pool you play south africa, if you get 2nd you play the all blacks, i would love to see Japan make the quarters, but not sure they will get up against Scotland
rangot
10/2/2019 3:19am
France struggled real bad but still won with bonus points against the USA. Now it's Tonga on sunday, and then England. This one's gonna be tough i think.

Post a reply to: Rugby World Cup

The Latest