Rugby World Cup

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2019 3:19 AM

France struggled real bad but still won with bonus points against the USA. Now it's Tonga on sunday, and then England. This one's gonna be tough i think.

|

10/2/2019 12:10 PM

rangot wrote:

France struggled real bad but still won with bonus points against the USA. Now it's Tonga on sunday, and then England. This one's gonna be tough i think.

To be honest if France play like they did against Argentina in the first half; with their fast, offloading game with good support runners, they will really trouble England. Just don't let them slow the game down & turn it into an arm wrestle.

Bon chance, I will be shouting for you!!

|

10/4/2019 10:02 AM

well Italy were lucky not to have 2 players red carded, that would have to be one of the more stupid things i have ever seen, a tip tackle, straight onto the players head, after the whistle,

|

10/6/2019 1:15 AM

England looked good against the pumas, not sure they would have had a chance with 15 anyway

the Scotland Japan game will be interesting, anyone of the 3 could still miss out, would have to see Japan win 3 pool games and not get to the quarters 2 cups in a row,

|

10/7/2019 11:36 AM

France are still an enigma. Their fast off loading game is sublime; but are the forwards are, well a bit soft. Looking forward to Fra v Eng & Sco V Jap next weekend. The REALLY interesting bit starts the following weekend

|

10/7/2019 10:21 PM

I see the French are infighting again and there is talk of rolling the coach for dropping the captain

Last time the did this they dam near beat the all blacks in the final in 2011

|

10/8/2019 12:59 AM

scott_nz wrote:

I see the French are infighting again and there is talk of rolling the coach for dropping the captain

Last time the did this they dam near beat the all blacks in the final in 2011

We live in hope!

|

10/9/2019 8:00 PM

this Typhoon will screw things up, only really the Scotland Japan game effects alot, pretty unfair on the Scot's if they dont get a chance to win and go into the knockout rounds,

|

10/10/2019 5:10 PM

scott_nz wrote:

this Typhoon will screw things up, only really the Scotland Japan game effects alot, pretty unfair on the Scot's if they dont get a chance to win and go into the knockout rounds,

I'm hearing it may end up in court if Scotland don't get a chance to play Japan.

They're also saying that the Italy New Zealand match could've been postponed but the All Blacks refused as they would've only had 5 days before the quarter final to prepare.

|

10/10/2019 5:26 PM

scott_nz wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

I'm hearing it may end up in court if Scotland don't get a chance to play Japan.

They're also saying that the Italy New Zealand match could've been postponed but the All Blacks refused as they would've only had 5 days before the quarter final to prepare.

Yeah that’s in the news here. , wanted to play it Sunday or Monday, but other reports say they had no choice , also saying that they are going to wait till 6 hours before saying if the Japan Scotland game will go ahead

|

10/11/2019 12:43 PM

scott_nz wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

Yeah that’s in the news here. , wanted to play it Sunday or Monday, but other reports say they had no choice , also saying that they are going to wait till 6 hours before saying if the Japan Scotland game will go ahead

Scotland will go to court to get the game played & then lose to Japan. Trust me, you heard it here first.

Was really looking forward to Fra V Eng

|

10/12/2019 9:08 PM

Good to see the Scotland japan game is going ahead

|

10/13/2019 12:05 AM

scott_nz wrote:

Good to see the Scotland japan game is going ahead

Makes 2 of us. Currently enjoying Tonga v USA, good game

|

10/13/2019 2:47 AM

They’re all pretty good games though, if the refs/TMO’s would piss off. Uruguay are pretty willing in tonight’s game against the Welsh

|

10/13/2019 6:56 AM

Japan hung on the knock Scotland outand I'm very happy for them. They play the Springboks (South Africa) next.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

10/13/2019 8:45 AM

Well played Japan.

Better players
Better Coach
Better execution

Japan play exactly the kind of fast offloading game that Scotland aspire to. Really looking forward to the QFs now.

|

10/13/2019 9:12 AM

Achahoish wrote:

Well played Japan.

Better players
Better Coach
Better execution

Japan play exactly the kind of fast offloading game that Scotland aspire to. Really looking forward to the QFs now.

agreed, Jamie Joesph has got that team going awesome, would have loved to pyt some money down before the start of them topping the pool, beating 2 six nations teams,

some very exciting knock out games coming,

|

10/13/2019 11:27 AM

Achahoish wrote:

Well played Japan.

Better players
Better Coach
Better execution

scott_nz wrote:

agreed, Jamie Joesph has got that team going awesome, would have loved to pyt some money down before the start of them topping the pool, beating 2 six nations teams,

some very exciting knock out games coming,

I rayed Jamie Joseph in 2015 when he took an ordinary Highlanders side to a Super Rugby win.

What now for him? Stay with Japan? He'd walk into a NH job? Or back to NZ?
|

10/13/2019 1:22 PM

Achahoish wrote:
I rayed Jamie Joseph in 2015 when he took an ordinary Highlanders side to a Super Rugby win.

What now for him? Stay with Japan? He'd walk into a NH job? Or back to NZ?

not sure there is room for him here, but i don't know, with Gatland coming back to coach the Cheifs, and the understudies to Hansen all wanting the All Blacks job, there may not be room for him,

It will be interesting to see who takes over from Hansen,

|

10/14/2019 11:27 PM

So who’s your pics for the quarters

I have New Zealand, England , Wales and South Africa going through

|

10/15/2019 2:22 AM

scott_nz wrote:

That’s the safe and most likely bet. Obviously I’d love to substitute the Wallabies and the Irish in 😝

|

10/15/2019 11:59 AM

scott_nz wrote:

They all have to be favorites. I'm going to stick my neck out & take France over Wales. Heart over head!!!!

|

10/15/2019 12:27 PM

scott_nz wrote:

MJC wrote:

That’s the safe and most likely bet. Obviously I’d love to substitute the Wallabies and the Irish in 😝

i think the England Aussie game is probably the closest contest, if Aussie played like they did in Perth against the all blacks they can topple england,

hopefully early red cards dont come into it,

|

10/15/2019 4:47 PM

scott_nz wrote:

MJC wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

i think the England Aussie game is probably the closest contest, if Aussie played like they did in Perth against the all blacks they can topple england,

England are super short in the betting $1.33 to beat Australia. In my mind its a toss of the coin depending on which aussie side show up.

Its disappointing that we're in the quarter final stage of the World Cup and Cheika can even seem to decide who the best half and fly half in the squad is. You would think that would've been settled long ago.

|

10/16/2019 11:52 AM

MJC wrote:

scott_nz wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

England are super short in the betting $1.33 to beat Australia. In my mind its a toss of the coin depending on which aussie side show up.

Its disappointing that we're in the quarter final stage of the World Cup and Cheika can even seem to decide who the best half and fly half in the squad is. You would think that would've been settled long ago.

to be honest how many settled first teams are there? Sa & Ire, Wales mebbe?
|

10/16/2019 4:23 PM

scott_nz wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

Achahoish wrote:

I guess. Its just frustrating. It feels like we've been experimenting with combinations for 4 years and we cant work it out.

Do we play Hooper and Pocock together? or doe they not work
Is Lealiifano a centre or fly half. What about O'connor?
Maybe Beale should be fly half? Nevermind back to Bernard Foley
How about Will Genia? Can he play the whole game. Maybe they go with Nic White and bring Genia off the bench.

We never pick one and give it a chance to succeed, even if they win they move it around. Its getting old.

|

10/16/2019 5:47 PM

Achahoish wrote:

All blacks look pretty settled with the twin pivot set up with BArrett starting at full back, its amazing Ben Smith starts off the bench, and considering Damian McKenzie is injured, we are not short of attack options,

midfield seems to have sorted them selves as well,

Hopefully Brodie retellick is back, i think the Italy game would have done him well

|

10/19/2019 6:00 AM

2 cracking quarter finals and not as close as I & others thought. Looking forward to the NZ V Eng semi. I think NZ will shade it with a better forward pack as I don't rate the Vunipola brothers. Billy is a one trick pony & Maka was way off the pace today.

I hope Sunday's games are half as good as today's.

|

10/19/2019 8:53 PM

England and the All Blacks played well, will be a hell of a semi final next weekend,

|

10/20/2019 2:34 AM

scott_nz wrote:

England and the All Blacks played well, will be a hell of a semi final next weekend,

Yeah they did. Didn’t have high expectations for us, but I couldn’t believe how poor and slow the Irish were either! Thought they coulda been a bit closer

|