Riding near Tucson

plowboy
Looks like I'm gonna be at DM for work May, June,July...(The second round of the OA-X experiment). Is there enough riding (close) for me to haul my bike down there? Off road as well as moto...any place to get seat time. Are spark arrestors/inspections/stickers required? Thanks fellers.
|
plowboy
2/22/2018 4:01pm
plowboy wrote:
Looks like I'm gonna be at DM for work May, June,July...(The second round of the OA-X experiment). Is there enough riding (close) for me to haul...
Looks like I'm gonna be at DM for work May, June,July...(The second round of the OA-X experiment). Is there enough riding (close) for me to haul my bike down there? Off road as well as moto...any place to get seat time. Are spark arrestors/inspections/stickers required? Thanks fellers.
Thanks for the info guys. I'll just rely on my old buddy Interweb to clue me. Maybe there's a track on the base.
2/22/2018 4:14pm
I was just out there and it seems like it's mostly rocky terrain...and a lot of cactus on the trail areas. Good luck.
sleeve1
Fantasy
1921st
2/22/2018 5:39pm
There was a track in Eloy, thats north of Tucson. I'm not sure if its still there. I lived in Phoenix 15 years ago.
Might try posting this over in moto related.
plowboy
2/23/2018 3:17am
Thanks, fellas. So pretty much like Alamogordo NM....everything out there is sharp and pokey. Think i'll give it a pass.

The Shop

whyZ
2/23/2018 9:29am
MX motorsports park, just out side of Tucson is probably your best bet. The track mentioned out of Eloy I think may be private, or invite, or maybe no more, just can't remember the name. Keep hearing different things. Along with your bike bring a jet ski, unless you spent some good time in the desert you don't want to be riding in June, July. May is a crap shoot.
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
2/23/2018 3:08pm
Track in Tucson is pretty good,off road is very ROCKY and can be technical.That time of year is pretty hot like face of the sun hot!
I try to go way North for riding or go Jetski
rubarb
3/2/2018 10:11pm
Moved back to California from Tucson 11 years ago, so going off memory here:

Castle Track - not sure if you can ride there, it's a makeshift track in the desert
Prison Loop - single track, I think it was south Golf Links
Marana Loop - north of Tucson, its pretty technical single track
Pinal Air Park - free riding, not sure if you can still ride there, about 45 minutes north of Tucson
Pima Motorsports Park - track riding, I think the name changed
Littletown MX - pretty sure this is closed down

plowboy
3/3/2018 5:05am
Thanks for the input fellas. Just found out this week that the USAF has moved the "experiment" from Davis Monthan (Tucson) to Holloman (Alamogordo). I've been there and I'm not man enough to handle that desert. I tried a little hike and looked like Leroy Brown after Slim got done with him.

Post a reply to: Riding near Tucson

The Latest